It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smithsonian Cover-Up: Ancient Egyptians and Giants in the Grand Canyon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And why would the US Gov't or the Smithsonian "cover-up" such a thing?
What do they have to gain by covering this up?

I love "The Why Files", but this one is a little far fetched in every conceivable way.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

Why would anyone think Egyptians didn't travel to the Americas?

Maybe because there is no evidence that they did.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

I love "The Why Files", but this one is a little far fetched in every conceivable way.

Seems from other posts here that some think the "why" behind the coverup is that this discovery would throw off modern evolutionary theory.

That still leaves us with the question of why the government would want to protect that particular theory.

Most of the posts amount to "they're hiding something" but are vague about what. It's all pure speculation, but fun to think about. I just wouldn't take it too seriously if I were some of these posters.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

They traveled to Australia. Why not the Americas?

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

They traveled to Australia. Why not the Americas?

No they didn't.

An Egyptologist from Sydney's Macquarie University has rejected any new claims about one of the most mysterious and controversial sites on the New South Wales Central Coast, known as the 'Gosford Hieroglyphs'.
The glyphs site at Kariong features almost 300 engravings on two sandstone walls, which some believe are an example of an early form of Egyptian writing and have drawn widespread interest over the years.
They have long been dismissed as fakes by authorities and academics since their discovery in the 1970s but there are still ongoing attempts to prove the theory they were carved by the ancient Egyptians.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bob350
a reply to: AndyMayhew
Read these-

worldnewsdailyreport.com...

www.ancient-code.com...

One other entertaining thing I found. I do not consider Snopes a reputable source, and they are certainly not the authority for debunking. On their page for the claims in your World News Daily Report article, Snopes labeled them satire and in their explanation there was this gem:

(Misattributed images attached to news articles are almost always red flags the claims made in those articles are shaky.)

That's just hilarious to me because mainstream media routinely misattribute pictures and video on serious news stories.

That said, World News Daily Report does appear to be a satirical site, just fyi. Their FAQ page makes that pretty clear. Their motto is "Where facts don't matter."

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Finally listening to the video, pretty well done.

triggered an odd old thought, I want to say (and no I dont have proof grain of salt time) that I read about an Egyptian prince that lost a civil war, he gathered up his people and headed out into the ocean never seen again.

*shrugs*
thats the plotline for Cecil B. DeMilles movie The ten comandments

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well, If my theory from earlier is valid and I'm remembering this detail correctly.

53 Railroad boxcars full of gold taken and then disappeared from Smithsonian custody. It would still look bad even though the heist happened 80-100 years ago.

A boxcar can carry up to 266,000 lbs. Assuming the 1920s with the equipment available then and the odd shapes and sizes of the gold involved let's say roughly 100,000 lbs per car. 5 million 300,000 lbs of gold roughly. Or. 84 million 800,000 ounces. Times $35 an oz at 1935 prices. $2 billion 968 million dollars. : )

At today's price of $1800 an oz it's $152 billion dollars. ROTFLMAO.
edit on 19-12-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Not only do they hide history but they get rich off doing so. Such a shame but we have to realize this has happened consistently throughout history. God willing there will be a smoking gun in the near future which will indisputably expose the truth of our history.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

dont know if that story is true, but ,
how about this,...

of all the subterranian chambers discovered,
how did they light it up??
TORCHES?? then where is all the carbon buildup?
if torches, being in subterranian will burn up all the oxygen too.
and those chambers get whitewashed, carved and painted
with many workers and lots of torches, DEEP UNDERGROUND
or,... did they have baghdad batteries and a lightbulb
like the giant one pictured in luxor?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappie

dont know if that story is true, but ,
how about this,...

of all the subterranian chambers discovered,
how did they light it up??
TORCHES?? then where is all the carbon buildup?
if torches, being in subterranian will burn up all the oxygen too.
and those chambers get whitewashed, carved and painted
with many workers and lots of torches, DEEP UNDERGROUND
or,... did they have baghdad batteries and a lightbulb
like the giant one pictured in luxor?

Light refracting technique using "mirrors"...they used the natural light of the sun and beamed it using strategically placed reflective "mirrors" allowing the light to be refracted to the areas!

Like in Indian Jones and The Temple of Doom...same thing!

Maybe???

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

edit on 1/13/2023 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nwakuche

Here is a Very Entertaining Video of some Guy who Informs you of Things and Makes you Laugh at the Same Time on Numerous Topics........Enjoy

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The Paiutes say these giants came from the Caucus region in large and powerful rowboats.
The Tartarians are these so called Egyptians.
In the 1700's the maps show California as an Island.
S.L.C. Utah was a port as was San Francisco.
The entrance found in the Grand Canyon had another entrance high up in the Panamint mountain in Death Valley.
I believe both entrances lead to the same underground City that most likely is under area 51.
The Paiutes called these people "the ant people" because they lived underground and would mostly, only come out at night.
The last recorded confrontation was with the Indians and red-headed giants at lovelock cave just a few hundred years ago.
The giants around the 4-corners area were known to be cannibals according to Indian accounts.

The Pacific Northwest was known to be inhabited by giants and the reason for it remaining uninhabited and unexplored till the last few centuries.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Maybe there was a treaty.
If so it is somewhat irrelevant since I believe the treaty is over for a few years now.

The forests aren't very safe anymore.

originally posted by: face23785

Seems from other posts here that some think the "why" behind the coverup is that this discovery would throw off modern evolutionary theory.

That still leaves us with the question of why the government would want to protect that particular theory.

Most of the posts amount to "they're hiding something" but are vague about what. It's all pure speculation, but fun to think about. I just wouldn't take it too seriously if I were some of these posters.

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Not just megalith buildings but all the aqueducts.
These are highly advanced and intelligent beings.
The reason there is so little archeology for them is not found abundantly is because we build cities over cities over cities.
It is not just overland that makes routes for commerce to get through the Rocky Mountains but I believe the underground passages through the Rockies naturally formed there at these routes also.

You will find evidence for the underground passages in S.L.C. and Las Vegas to further this hypothesis.

They recently excavated the Mormon Temple in order to reinforce the foundation for earthquakes showing it goes down below the surface quite far.
Way further than what could have been excavated with the manpower and lack of modernday excavation machinery could have accomplished by the Mormons who claimed to have built it.
In no way possible did the Mormons build the temple or excavate the extensive underground found in SLC

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: LSU2018

I am Wondering about the Physical Strength of say a 15 foot Human . Could 4 15 foot Tall Humans lift a 2 Ton Stone Over their Heads with ease to build a Wall ? How about the Strength of Humans Bigger than that ? An Interesting Idea that could Explain how Megaliths Around the World were Built by GIANTS Brute Strength........

posted on Apr, 11 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Here is a good intro into underground and the gothic architecture found in USA and some of the purpose for hiding the existence of previous occupants.

There is evidence for railroads already existing hundreds of years ago as well.

For some people hiding the past is how to control the future economies.
The Vanderbilt's being just one of these "families".

posted on Apr, 13 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   

NYTimes this isn't a photograph but it has yet to be debunked. I'm currently searching for more info on the few vague details given. I sub'd to the nytimes just to access that article myself, as I first found a snip and suspected it was photoshopped. Debunked myself there because the NYTimes clearly did publish it.

"Archaeologists to Send Expedition to Explore Graveyards in New Mexico Where Bodies Were Unearthed.
CONTINUE READING: PDF
BYLINE
Special to The New York Times.
PUBLISH DATE
February 11, 1902
PAGE NUMBER
1"
edit on 13-4-2023 by theLowlyOP because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join