It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X / Niburu - Just The Facts.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2002 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Where is the proof? This is usually the first questions people ask
when presented with the idea that Aliens exist, or that we have been
visited in the past by ancient astronauts. When a person does gain
enough interest to start looking into topics such as Aliens and Ufos,
they must wade through a vast amount of information.

xfacts.com...

Jason Martell

----------

[edit on 21-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Actually, the proof that it's sheer nonsense is simple:

Archaeologists agree that the only planets the Sumerians knew about were the ones visible to the naked eye: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn.
www.ramtops.demon.co.uk...

But the BEST page about this is on BADASTRONOMY.COM. Phil says:

Introduction
Doomsayers seem to pop up every few years. Last time, it was the alignment of the planets that somehow managed not to destroy the Earth in May 2000. Now, we have Planet X. A few people are claiming that a heretofore unknown planet in our solar system is on a very long, elliptical orbit. In May 2003, it will pass close enough to the Earth to affect it in some way, causing it to flip over (what many call a "pole shift") and spur many other huge disasters. The end result will be the deaths of many billions of people. There are a large number of web pages, chat rooms and books about Planet X and its horrible affects on the Earth. So the question is, does this planet exist, and will it come by in May 2003 and cause all this horror?
No, and no.

As much as I know anything in science, I know that there is no Planet X as described by this latest crop of Chicken Littles.

www.badastronomy.com...

To summarize a few of his points:

1) This is supposed to be a "brown dwarf" star. These things are stars and they do glow brightly enough to be seen by some of our telescopes. If there was a brown dwarf ANYwhere near our solar system, it would be the second or third brightest object in our solar system... a little dimmer than the moon.

This isn't something that could be missed by your average stargazer... or even Joe Dunce of Whappahappahoola. Heck, as bad as my eyes are, I could spot the thing at night without my glasses. You could see it in the daytime.

2) If you use the goodole Kepler formulas (or any formula for orbital velocity and periodicity, you'll find that in order to make the predictions come true about the planet being close to Earth in 2003, that by now it would have to be inside the solar system, somewhere between Neptune and Jupiter.

(here's the math page on it: www.badastronomy.com... )

Now, that's big enough and close enough that you could spot the thing with the naked eye. Amateur astronomy is a popular hobby.

Howcome no amateur astronomer ANYwhere has started yelling, "HEY!!! GREATBIGHORKIN' PLANET OUT THERE BETWEEN JUPITER AND NEPTUNE!!!" The things' bigger that Jupiter's moons... and we can see those easily with binoculars and telescopes (even cheap ones.)

They have found minor objects 1/3 the size of Pluto in orbit BEYOND Pluto. No planet X, though.

(check out "Ask The Astronomer": itss.raytheon.com...

...and on and on.

In short, if the thing really did exist and even if there was a HUGE coverup... by now every person on the Earth with vision better than 20/1000 (uncorrected) would be able to SEE the thing.

Day OR night.

The "planet-sized invisibility field" won't work... we'd see gravitational distortion of light around the planet as well as some other phenomina rather easily spotted by the average person.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 11:41 AM
link   
actually byrd, brown dwarf stars are so dim, that they are very hard to see, even if it was in our own solar system, the just about the only way we can see them is if it passes between us and another brighter object in our solar system, like saturn and so on, and, brown dwarf stars have not been proven as of yet to exist, the same with black holes

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Inspectah, the information on the brightness of brown dwarf stars came from an astronomer.

Several astronomers. Check the links. They are dim in a cosmological sense, but if you set one at the same distance as Jupiter, you'd find it was tremendously brighter than Jupiter.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There is one way to tell for 100%. We could just wait until it is surpose to pass.

One way or another we would know then if it was real or not would we.

Falcon

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 10:49 AM
link   
www.darkstar1.co.uk...

This is a good friend off mine and this is his webby on the topic .I though some might like to read it due the topic off this post.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So am I to gather that Sitchin is the original author of the Nibiru theory?

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think these people must have found the craziest person alive to do this interview. Anywho, the person being interviewed is adamant that the planet x will swing by in May. Not too long of a wait.

www.stuff.co.nz...

LOL! From that article:
Then, Far North man Dale Patterson told Truth he had received a telepathic message from aliens.

The message warned they might destroy humans to save our planet if we did not become more peaceful.

Bre says that's nonsense.

Byrd, maybe the planet is made of asphalt and thats why no one can see it? Also, I believe I read on Steadmans site that he feels the planet is approaching us towards our southern pole, and as such may be being over looked. Is Sitchin still saying a May 2003 arrival? Or is he banking on the Mayans "end of time" being the correct date, now that there is no evidence of a large body coming near our solar system in 4 months. I am guessing that even if we couldnt see planet x, its gravity would be measurable in its effect on this planet.

[Edited on 12-27-2002 by William One Sac]

[Edited on 12-27-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.sitchin.com...

If you have a high speed modem you can view sitchins homepage [/wry sarcasm] There is no mention of Nibiru at all, rather he seems to be focusing his atgtention on a nuclear war in the Sinai Peninsula 3,600 years ago. I am guessing that means he has retracted his 5/2003 arrival date.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Brown dwarf stars are "failed stars" that glow with perhaps the luminescence of the moon and are 50 to 100 times the mass and size of Jupiter.

They have a big gravitational field, too -- larger than Jupiter's (which is large enough to pull planets (Titan) into moons around it.)

If it was "orbiting on the other side of the sun", planets would be crashing into Earth's orbit and into it because it's so huge. We wouldn't see any more comets -- one swing past this sucker and they'd be history. Something that huge in a counter-earth orbit would be sucking Venus toward it every time Venus passed.

(BTW the "anomaly in gravity" reported by early astronomers that led to the theory of another planet was simply Bad Celestial Mathematics.)

William... "approaching from the South Pole and that's why we can't see it?" Apparently they haven't seen the fine images we have of the Southern sky. I bet all our Aussies are having a good laugh over that one!

I'm not surprised Stitchin's gone into predicting WWIII instead. He's getting out while the getting's good. He might try again with the 2012 calendar, but if he's got any sense he'll stick to other stuff and leave astronomy alone.

[Edited on 27-12-2002 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This was the beggining of the 12th Planet, a Sumerian artifact...Do a search on LEMSHAY

I personaly dont see what the big deal if there IS a 12th Planet ..Good ...more neighbours...

www.satansrapture.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This was the beggining of the 12th Planet, a Sumerian artifact...Do a search on LEMSHAY

I personaly dont see what the big deal if there IS a 12th Planet ..Good ...more neighbours...

www.satansrapture.com...

The orbit of Planet X is said to be eliptical and not in circle like our planet. If it really exist, it can cause serious dammage to earth when it pass near us.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The orbit of Planet X is said to be eliptical and not in circle like our planet. If it really exist, it can cause serious dammage to earth when it pass near us.

trure..thats the downfall i guess... we have a link about that ...www.SatansRapture.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Okay, well even if "Nibiru" did exist as a brown dawrf it would still be seen by mankind. Brown dwarfs still give off multitudes of radiation, just not in the visible spectrum. Also, they, like everything else in space, have mass. Therefore, they have gravity... So if one were to pass into the Solar System, even out in the orbit of Pluto it would have a grave affect on the rest of the Solar System.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
How can Nibiru be a brown dwarf? People are supposed to be living on it

And people shouldn't confuse Zetatalk.com with Sitchin. Sitchin claims that Nibiru is still more than a thousand years away and so I think would be quite invisable at the minute.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
And people shouldn't confuse Zetatalk.com with Sitchin. Sitchin claims that Nibiru is still more than a thousand years away and so I think would be quite invisable at the minute.

Just as I stated in my last post, brown dwarfs still give off a lot of radiation. The majority of it though just isn't visible to us. So instruments that pick up those other frequencies would pick it out quite easily.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Forget Sitchen. Focus on the what the Sumerians themselves said in the ancient clay tablets, which is that Earth is a colony founded by alien Gods. That men were engineered by these Gods. That there is a wanderer (planet) that moves between stars. Then check this out.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i have physically seen with my own eyes the sumerian solar sytem model, and it had 10 planets on it, sun and moon.

although i cannot read sumerian, it was pretty obvious that there was a 10th planet.

there is no proof but plenty of evidence.

i have no opinion on aliens involved in this, only that there is evidence of a 10th planet dating back to 1916 when lowel founs that the orbits of the outer planets were being manipulated.
my thread
they 'debunked the # out of it' already, but it was becasue i didnt list my sources. i didnt make this thread for ats so i didnt really care at the time, and also i had hundreds of sources and only quoted the best of the best.

feel free to research anything i have in there, all i used was a google search, except for about 3 hours of fil i have seen on the history/discovery channel.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Actually there is something out there. Go to www.sitchin.com...

And scroll down and read "The Case of the French Astronomer." The french astronomer put his article in the Feb 2003 edition of Science and Vie, stating that their is another planet but it is "mars" like in size, and has a 4000 year orbit. Sitchin says P-X has a 3600 year orbit.

The only problem with this is that he claims it is "mars" like. Could it be some form of a dwarf? If not then maybe its a planetoid, comet, or whatever you want it to be

So bottom line...The french have discovered something with a 4000 year orbit, but we dont exactly know what it is.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by kyateLaBoca]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join