It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorist - Why so Bad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   
So I have a question for you...

Why do you think conspiracy theorists always seen as "mental" or "weirdos"?

Id like to think we are all to a degree until the CT title due to us being on this site but are we are "looney tin foil hat wearing people?"
Admittedly some on here do have very outlandish claims which I dont believe are true however they can make absolutely fantastic reading (Nazi Yetis always makes me chuckle)

But i mean look at covid.. over 50% of what we have said has come true in some form or another!

Are we all crazies but dont know it or are we a threat which must be silenced?

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tipulatedone

The options are not mutually exclusive...

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone

My understanding is that the CIA originated the term as a psychological operation on thinking people who call them on such things as false flag events, which is a modus operandi that has been used by them and others repeatedly throughout history.

The purpose of it is, of course, to deflect blowback for their actions.

A conspiracy is a plan by two or more people. A theory is an explanation. An explanation of a plan is NOT crazy. So, we the people have simply gone along with a psychological operation successfully carried out by the CIA.

It's good you brought this up!
edit on 11/19/2022 by DevotedResearcher because: Typo

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The MSM are the biggest CT nutters ever, anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'd rather be labeled a conspiracy theorist than a compliance bot or NPC. It's a title meant to be derogatory and dismissive but if you're able to see past the mass propaganda, I consider that irrelevant to having greater awareness.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

More of an alternatives analyst, myself.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   

It shuts down any investigation or any critical thinking at all. People do not like to be labeled a lunatic, so they just don’t go down those forbidden roads. Only people that have figured out that these road blocks were probably only set up to protect actual conspiracy, will venture forward, and so we are all conspiracy theorists here, and that is something that we can all actually be proud of.
edit on 19-11-2022 by StarsInDust because: Just Because

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

This 1967 CIA document goes into detail about how they 'weaponized' the term (also a great vid here showing how they perverted journalism).

It's a great shame because many (many) 'conspiracy theories' turn out to be.. true.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

That's a good one.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'd like to see defense lawyers across the country get together and make an agreement to no longer call their opponents "The State" or "The Prosecution" and instead call them "The Conspiracy Theorists."

Most criminal cases are theories that involve a conspiracy of some sort. People are even charged with conspiracy. So the term would be accurate.

And it would be a hoot to hear, "Your Honor, the Defense objects to the Conspiracy Theorist's attempt to solicit hearsay testimony" in a courtroom.

I think the term could also be applied to most of the "news" media. The whole Russian Collusion thing was just one big conspiracy theory, now debunked.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is a great post !! Love it!!! Good video too!!! Explains in laymen’s terms how the CIA uses propaganda to program the citizens of this country. The CIA employs the same tactics that the Nazis used. a reply to: Tipulatedone

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm looking for some new conspiracy theories. Mine have all come true.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Because conspiracies are conspiracies oft found in every little thing.

And many times, there is no conspiracy. Not everything is.

Conspiracy theorist find some thing off with everything. In fact....no matter what you think....not everything is conspiratorial.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm sure most of us hold steady jobs and wouldn't be identified as such in a professional setting.

My views are after hours, mostly.

Surprisingly a lot of people are already at the edges of all these conspiracies, whether they agree to some extent or not.

The views held on ATS aren't fringe at all these days.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Because it's convenient.
"Idea that threatens our goals? False. End of."
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone

Id like to think we are all to a degree until the CT title due to us being on this site but are we are "looney tin foil hat wearing people?"
Admittedly some on here do have very outlandish claims which I dont believe are true however they can make absolutely fantastic reading (Nazi Yetis always makes me chuckle)

But i mean look at covid.. over 50% of what we have said has come true in some form or another!

We're not so bad.... just throwing around ideas that seem interesting enough to look into. When we dig and find a raw nerve that exposes rot or decay , we make an opinion that is suited to encourage others to discuss, withdraw, reject or criticize . When criticized we're sometimes on target , so those being criticized or revealed use personal attacks to persuade that our stance is nothing......but lies , disinfo, misinfo .....pure fantasy...... and our character is at best deplorable , so turn away from the madness and settle in watching CNN....you'll be relieved to find safety in their truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

They're only viewed as "bad" if the theorist or theory threatens to expose immoral or illegal conduct by high-profile, or important individuals.

For example, Nancy Pelosi ordered the U.S. House to officially label the "messenger"/messages you see here: qalerts.app... as DANGEROUS conspiracy theories.

Congress Condemns Qanon's messages: www.congress.gov...

As the NEW Republican-led U.S. House begins its investigations, we'll learn WHY Democrats were/are so afraid of the "conspiracy theories" presented.

edit on 11/19/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Because the TPTB say so. Besides, everything is a conspiracy until it's true.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Because they believe a lot of dumb things too, like the earth being flat 😵‍💫

top topics

<<   2 >>

join