It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorist - Why so Bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tipulatedone
And what's up with Nazi Yetis then????? They're fighting in Ukraine now.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is within human nature to dislike Gossip's and to not trust them but also to want to hear what they have to say.

But a conspiracy theorist is not a gossip though that is how they have been tarred and feathered.

The problem is that they do not CONFORM.

They are a form of resistance to control.

They cause resistance within society to further control.

But at the worst bad conspiracy can cause harm.

Indeed, many intelligences agency's use conspiracy as a means to sow disinformation, to discredit and to mislead.

BUT Good Conspiracy can both enlighten and even PROTECT society against control and manipulation.

As it is the exact opposite of what those that wish to use it for control do.

Basically, you have the right to be a conspiracy theorist and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

What has given it a bad name in today's society however are the crackpots and crank's that do harm to the entire field of enquiry which is what conspiracy theory really is a field of enquiry.

There are those though that want to keep conspiracists tarred and feathered as crackpots, they are the ones that are behind the real conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone
So I have a question for you...

Why do you think conspiracy theorists always seen as "mental" or "weirdos"?

How many are emotionally and sensational driven?

How many are driven by investigative facts?

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I’d rather like being an npc.

Npc’s don’t play games.

a reply to: starshift

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

But i mean look at covid.. over 50% of what we have said has come true in some form or another!

Has it really?

Or are those results that you choose to hear/read?

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The thing is Vic is that from the court of law’s view all mention of conspiracy in a court in presumed to be two or more criminally conspiring to commit a crime.

It doesn’t deal with the other forms of conspiracy.

They are irrelevant.

When that presumption is adopted by the General population; that’s when the conflicts begin.

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

edit on 19-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Nvm

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So I have a question for you...

Why do you think conspiracy theorists always seen as "mental" or "weirdos"?

Id like to think we are all to a degree until the CT title due to us being on this site but are we are "looney tin foil hat wearing people?"
Admittedly some on here do have very outlandish claims which I dont believe are true however they can make absolutely fantastic reading (Nazi Yetis always makes me chuckle)

But i mean look at covid.. over 50% of what we have said has come true in some form or another!

Are we all crazies but dont know it or are we a threat which must be silenced?

Herd mentality, goes all the way back to primitive hominid culture or even past that to mesozoic mammalian survival. Animal is sick, behaving erratically, self destructive impulses, bad for the tribe.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Calling conspiracy theorists nutters and weirdos is just an easy way to discredit us in the eyes of the masses. They do it to everyone they fear.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Then it is accurate to call prosecutors, police, and the media conspiracy theorists, since they are pushing theories about conspiracies. Criminal or otherwise.

Someone who says Bigfoot exists isn't a conspiracy theorist, unless they are claiming that Bigfoot is conspiring with someone else to do something.

If I think my buddies are trying to set me up with a woman they think would be a "good fit" for me, that's a conspiracy theory. If I think that woman is a shape-shifting reptile, that's not a conspiracy theory.

I think applying an accurate definition of Conspiracy Theorist would show that all of us are conspiracy theorists at one time or another.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We all can agree, Conspiracies Theories and roomers start with a bit of a truth element to them. Conspiracies Theories Get Your Mo-Jo Flowing. As long as you don’t have blinders on I find some outrageous conspiracies just plain interesting. But if I don’t agree I will not share false claims.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yes. What you post is reasonable.

The deception of interest to me concerns the use of and assumptions made about language and the implied meanings of words.

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

edit on 23-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Exactitude

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I can honestly say i am very happy reading through all the responses!

The analogy about friends setting you up with someone is perfect and im definitely going to use that if someone calls me a conspiracy theorist for thinking different to what the msm says.

I am proud to be called one though and happy i am part of this community!

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Research by Stephan @#&%$ and Melinda (*&^&) commented:
People Drawn to Conspiracy Theories Share a Cluster of Psychological Features “The same author commented further in his book that, Conspiracy Theorists are delusional, So my comment to that is, ‘Who Do You Believe?’ Looking back at the last few years, Conspiracy Theorists were more right than they were wrong. 👅

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join