It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man strikes 25 young police recruits who were jogging with vehicle...released same day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Of course such a person should not even be back on the street again, on foot, to begin with.

I agree with you.

The problem is they must not have been able to prove that it was on purpose or they would not have let him go.

They don't know and neither do we.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
a reply to: alldaylong

You sound like a sensible parent.

edit on 18-11-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Cops don't vote Democrat.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So it's kind of their own fault when they are run over with pure intention by a maniac, I see. Mills avenue has a sidewalk where they were probably jogging along, go figure.

Or is it because it was people from law enforcement? Is that the reason why you try establish the narrative that it was their own fault?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I see.

You see nothing.

The purpose of my question was to ask if it is common practice for people to jog in the road ?

If so then surely that is a danger that should be addressed.

Back to your make believe world now.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta
The trucker that plowed into our family car by accident and killed my parents and brother was not doing it on purpose either. He got two years prison time for tripple involuntary manslaughter without parole.

The reason was being incapacitated due to being overworked and not adhering to his breaks.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The purpose of my question was to ask if it is common practice for people to jog in the road ?

Did they jog on the road? Or was it a sidewalk?

Are you aware that saying "on xyz Avenue" does not necessary mean they were ON the road, but ON the avenue, what includes a sidewalk.

Duh. When you say you live on Avenue XYZ, people are not going to think you actually live on the road and sleep there, have your TV setup.

COMMON SENSE.
edit on 18.11.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: matafuchs

Commiefornia clown world.

Not surprised one bit.

Coming to a state near you!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sheriff says it was on purpose based on what they have. DA said no.

That is the major part of the OP.

How can someone strike a group of 75 joggers and walk out the next day? It is not even about who it was.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I read this morning that there was at least one amputation as a result of this "accident". I hope there are lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Terrible incident.

However one question. Why where they jogging on a road? Surely that is dangerous in itself.

Pedestrians always have the right of way.

This was a attempted murder in all honestly.

75 people in a training exercise, that is not something you can miss.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There is footage of the incident.

They were jogging on the roadway proper.

Vehicle veered full speed from the oncoming lane.

Driver was found to not be under the influence.

He rammed into a light pole soon after and did not attempt to flee.

Might have been mechanical or a mental health issue.

Glad no one was killed.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

From the OP.

. A car veered into the lane they were running in

What does a " lane " imply to you ?

I know what it means to me. Unless you don't have lanes on roads where you live.

Enough of your nonsense.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that. That's horrible.

All I was saying is that we don't know why he wasn't kept.

The prosecutor has the burden of proof, with no proof they cant prosecute him. They must not have enough proof, or
(Speculating here) he may be under investigation for something else that is probably much bigger an issue. ?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Maybe it is about "Who" it is. If the DA let him go it may be because either they didnt have enough proof or he is a "Person of Interest" in another possibly BIGGER investigation.

We don't know and may never know.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
Thank you, I was looking for the video but even with VPN can not find any and articles won't load.

If it wasn't mechanical failure, my opinion still stands. Was not in control over the vehicle at all the time. Here that's a reason to take away your license. The trucker in our case was expelled from the job and lost his license. I don't know if he got it back but if he wanted, he would have had to prove that he is to be trusted with a motorized vehicle.

The burden of proof (add in this case) is on the person, accident or not. It's as if I would start drifting on publics road and mow over a few people, not my intention, was an accident, still I would loose my license (all of them) and would have to do a so called "Idiot Test" also called medic psychologic testing.

And then I would have to go back to driving school to start all over. And rightfully so.
edit on 18.11.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thank you. Want to make clear though, I didn't write it to get any bonus points or symphaty. Just was the first example I could come up with.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If this kid got popped selling dimes and they wanted to find the middle man...I got you. If someone runs into a group of 75 people, even if they are not in jail, should have an auto 72 hour mental state watch. Baker Act them.

Witnesses and cameras saw the driver change lanes, accelerate, never brake and hit them.

Wonder if he is an illegal?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I am schizophrenic and haven't driven for over a decade due to some stuff that can surface randomly.

This is voluntary until I am absolutely positive nothing will randomly trigger me again.

This young man needs to have his brain checked.

I know there are things like Call of the Void (where people feel the urge to jump from tall heights or swerve into oncoming traffic) but with all the rabid Anti-Police sentiment we can't rule that out either.

I would advocate his driving privileges be removed.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes, it was now told to me that it wasn't a sidewalk.

That does not make it right though. I am sure you can bring up a law saying that you can't jog on a road for California. You're like acting it's the peoples fault. For me that's nonsense because I don't think it's the peoples fault.

We can agree to disagree.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join