It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man strikes 25 young police recruits who were jogging with vehicle...released same day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A group of 75 officers were jogging yesterday in a group in the morning in LA. A car veered into the lane they were running in and struck 25. No one was killed but there were critical injuries. Eyewitnesses say he was doing 30-40 so this was no accident. No attempt to brake.

He is charged with attempted murder of a peace officer with other charges pending.

Link

Bond was set at $2 million, Gutierrez was released from custody Thursday evening, per California penal code 849(B)(1), which authorizes peace officers to release arrested persons from custody due to insufficient grounds to file a complaint against that person.

How is this even possible? He did not post bond he was just released because of the above.

Here is a link to the video....

Link

“Now we’re facing some life-altering injuries for the most severely injured recruits … We hope all of them make a full recovery, and they’ll have a chance to come back and complete the academy. That’s my goal,” Villanueva said.

This is the new America.
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002022-11-18T12:11:55-06:001255 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Novpm30pmf0000002022-11-18T13:16:10-06:000110 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

(post by watchitburn removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

At some point, people just say "this must be what they want because that's what they voted for."

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can not access the article but I do hope that person lost the license in the meantime! If it wasn't an accident like swatting a bee or similar, then the license should be revoked forever.

Someone like this is not fit to participate in public traffic.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What’s crazy to me, and correct me if I’m wrong. Don’t police unions openly urge their members to vote for the very same people that institute these exact policies? Nothing like getting bit on the hand by the monster you help create.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

At some point, people just say "this must be what they want because that's what they voted for."

It's true. There are people who would vote for Lucifer himself, as long as it's not Trump, or DeSantis, or whoever hurts their feelings.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
Can not access the article but I do hope that person lost the license in the meantime! If it wasn't an accident like swatting a bee or similar, then the license should be revoked forever.

Someone like this is not fit to participate in public traffic.

I'll go one step further and say this person is not fit to participate in life. And the same goes for those who participated in releasing him.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Even locally.

Generations at this point.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My brother was a local police officer...he said that if a fight ensued and a cop was hurt, the perp was usually bound over for trial remotely from a hospital bed.
Of course I'm not condoning any illegal activity...but in some places that driver would be in ICU right now.
Kinda like the guy that stabbed the local K-9 officer...the dog did live after surgeries. Now I might suggest a reunion between the dog and dis-armed perp in a small room...lets see who that works out.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Small correction:

They weren't Police officers they were Sheriff's Department recruits in training. I would guess they were all pretty young, amazing no one was killed although some were pretty seriously injured.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

What good would that do if they’re willing to run over people on the road? If they will do that, then they’re definitely willing to drive without a license.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Terrible incident.

However one question. Why where they jogging on a road? Surely that is dangerous in itself.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Terrible incident.

However one question. Why where they jogging on a road? Surely that is dangerous in itself.

Sounds like victim blaming to me....

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigOldCaddy

Terrible incident.

Sounds like victim blaming to me....

What !!!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Terrible incident.

It is a valid question though. You would think people who are training to be LEO'S would know enough that a street is not a replacement for a gym, running track or even a sidewalk. Cars are bigger than people and cant stop as fast.

Maybe that is why he got released, the trainees were also in the wrong and they decided to let him go rather than make themselves look foolish? Ehh, its speculation.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Certainly one of the dumber things I’ve heard today. That includes me listening to my four month old making fart sounds with his mouth all day.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Don't give it another thought. Either they cant see how being in a roadway for vehicles is dangerous or they are trolling you.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Don't give it another thought. Either they cant see how being in a roadway for vehicles is dangerous or they are trolling you.

I wonder if they would be happy with one of their family members jogging in the road ?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
True, if they want to, they will do it.

However it makes the life more difficult for these people and brings penalty when they are caught getting groceries or whatever in their car.

Of course such a person should not even be back on the street again, on foot, to begin with.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Tell you what, my kid goes near the road and.....come to think of it, he don't go near the road cause I taught him they are dangerous. He tells me to make sure I look for cars!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join