It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- FBI Raids owner of DreamlandResort- an Area 51 website

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JBurns

There aren't always charges involved.

No doubt about it. Are you thinking it was a counter-intel investigation vs. a criminal probe?

It is strange they would violate Posse Comitatus by using military assets or resources against a US citizen domestically.

None of it really makes any sense. What changed between the probable cause affadavit the judge signed off on and the raid?

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

DIA and AFOSI are always involved if classified information is included. Since Groom was involved, they were absolutely going to be involved. It's not a violation of Posse Comitatus, since military information was involved. The FBI has the lead, but DIA and AFOSI have to be the caretakers and verify the information. The FBI isn't cleared for a lot of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting! I did not know that Zaphod58, learn something new every day.

DIA and AFOSI are always involved if classified information is included

I guess the real question becomes what kind of classified information could the owner have had? Does that mean he has (or had) a security clearance of some sort? Or is incidental possession by any person covered here.

If that is the case, would folks (including journalists) who downloaded the Snowden archives be at risk?

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No, the real question is: Who made false allegations against him and weaponized federal law enforcement assets to strike his homes?

Mr. Arnu is very careful to avoid posting anything sensitive and he is way too smart to fly a drone into restricted airspace, as was alleged by one AFOSI agent.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Who made false allegations against him and weaponized federal law enforcement assets to strike his homes?

That is a good point. The probable cause affadavit should contain all of that information. The problem is you aren't normally provided with a copy of it until/unless charges are actually filed.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on that? To me, the whole thing screams Richard Doty and the kind of tactics he would use.

Mr. Arnu is very careful to avoid posting anything sensitive and he is way too smart to fly a drone into restricted airspace, as was alleged by one AFOSI agent.

He seems like a real stand up kind of guy based on his interview.

Even if their allegations were true, what good would flying a drone into restricted airspace do? I'd expect it to look the same as the boundary. Having viewed that area on Google Earth enough times, it is many many miles from the boundary to anything even remotely worth seeing.

I have looked online for the search warrant itself, and can't find it. It won't say much, just the person and place to be searched as well as what they expect to find, but as of now the whole thing makes very little sense to me.

I hope he sues the daylights out of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join