It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Ramifications (Can we handle the truth?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Now I know this has been discussed to some extent, but I would really like to know what ATS folks think about the possible ramifications of disclosure.

Are we ready for it?

Are we not?

If the Goverments of the world do know more, then maybe they are keeping UFO info secret for a good reason? (control, stability, possible hostile ETs, etc, etc)

What might happen if such info was disclosed publicly?

Should it be a slow, gradual introduction of ET concepts?

Or should it be just openly declared to the people of the world?

Social/Spiritual implications?

It is an aspect of the ufo situation that has fascinated me for years....

I personally think we are at the very least being "observed" by entities of other worlds.

But the basic question remains.....

Can we handle the truth?

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think we do, and we must.
If it is disclosed, and there is interaction between mankind and ETs, maybe our world will become like those in sci-fic movies. Space exploration, universal treats and cooperation, etc, etc.
But this will never happen, cause this world is controlled by few how control the oil market and so on and so on.
Well, are we prepared?Certainly! I'm ansious!!

Will it happen soon? I'm not so sure.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just can't get the picture of Jack Nicholson out of my head. But anyways, I think I can pretty much handle the news of Alien Disclosure. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit there are some that want to destroy us and are probably orchestrating our demise as well as accepting the existence of those of a more peaceful demeanor as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit there are some that want to destroy us and are probably orchestrating our demise as well as accepting the existence of those of a more peaceful demeanor as well.

Errr... what if the only aliens out there just want to farm us for meat or body parts or something? Wouldn't the majority of people freak out and panic? Would disclosure be such a good thing then?

edit (PS, they don't have any genitals... maybe they want ours!!
)

[edit on 4/6/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe the question should be what if they DONT disclose

Then where are we heading as a civilization.......

WAR.....Ethnic cleansing.....WAR......drought......WAR......Poverty
Natural Disaster.......More WAR more needless death to humans.

I think the human race needs this to carry on.
Something that can unite us all so we can work together as mankind for mankind.
Just my 2 pennies worth

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't really need the government to forclose anything to me. I already know that we are not the only civilization in the universe. Wouldn't it be impossible for there NOT to be other civilizations out there in the infinite amount of space in the universe.

I find it rediculous to assume we are alone!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Are we ready?

Well...that would depend on many factors wouldn't it?

1. What are the aliens' goals?
2. Whether peaceful or hostile, can our weapons deter them?
3. What kinds of technology can they offer us?
and so on and so on.

Suppose they were peaceful, we'll go with best case scenario here.
Let's then suppose they offer us a nice clean-burning engine that doesn't use any petro at all. (boom, you just put millions in the petro industry out of work, and reshaped the global economies completely. some nations just went from rich to poor overnight). Now, that's just one piece of tech introduced...all while trying to be nice. Just one example. It could further be shown with other advances from these nice aliens, that while presented with good intentions, could have disastrous fallout.

There is far more to disclosure than ready or not we can take it...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
Can we handle the truth?

I am positive we can handle the truth about the aliens. I know this because I know the aliens. But the other truth about what our govts have actually been hiding from us and WHY is going to be more difficult and take us a very long time to sort out.

I think the people are going to be pretty angry when they find out that so much of the suffering on our world has been so needless for such a long time, and exactly who is benefiting from it.

The govts will never just disclose their past or present activities. If we want to know the truth about the aliens, we have to ask the aliens.

[edit on 4/6/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
But you know the truth dont you Earth Sister because you have been meeting them there aliens on "business" for 15 years, so why dont you just tell us what the truth is.

It would save a lot of bother in the long run.

It is four planets you have visited right ?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
JayKew

You still have that mocking, condescending, tone to your ridicule that I loathe so much. You don't believe a word I say, and I will not be baited into your trap. You've had your chance and you lost.

If you want to know about me and my experiences, back read my posts on your own. There is plenty of information there for you to laugh at.

Go fly a kite.

If you continue to pester me I will alert a mod.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Im not pestering you, by no means am I .......... its just that you have been endowed with soooooooooooooo much knowledge by all these aliens that I was sort of hoping you would enlighten us all a little.

How could I be baiting you into a trap?

All I wanted was some answers to questions I had about your "journies" to other planets end the information you had gleaned.

I thought it would be in everyones interests for this information to become freely available.

Thats the best thing about the internet, information cannot be stifled.

I guess you dont intend to share, fine, no problems .......its our loss, tis a shame that you wont share a little of all that knowledge with us.

It would have speeded up the process of "intergration" dont you think ?

If I knew as much as you then I would consider myself duty bound to impart as much of it as I could.

Take care

JayKew

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Are we ready?

Well...that would depend on many factors wouldn't it?

1. What are the aliens' goals?
2. Whether peaceful or hostile, can our weapons deter them?
3. What kinds of technology can they offer us?
and so on and so on.

Suppose they were peaceful, we'll go with best case scenario here.
Let's then suppose they offer us a nice clean-burning engine that doesn't use any petro at all. (boom, you just put millions in the petro industry out of work, and reshaped the global economies completely. some nations just went from rich to poor overnight). Now, that's just one piece of tech introduced...all while trying to be nice. Just one example. It could further be shown with other advances from these nice aliens, that while presented with good intentions, could have disastrous fallout.

There is far more to disclosure than ready or not we can take it...

Those are some of the points I was thinking about.

Mainly gradual vs sudden disclosure.

The question is: would it be too much of a shock on economies, religious and social beliefs etc.... ???

I tend to feel that things would have to be slowly introduced.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Without a doubt we can handle it.
What's to handle that is any different than what we know now.
I don't see that disclosure in itself, is going to cause any problems.
Recent polls say that 80% of Americans believe the government knows more than they are telling us anyway.
IMHO, alien races do not pose any greater threat with or without disclosure. They are advanced enough to be here so disclosure is a none issue.
Their possible agenda does not point toward any diabolical scheme or it would have started before we were advanced enough to have mass communication. Our ability to communicate with each other on a grand scale, as we are doing right now, is not a good thing for control issues.
We are not an alien meat market, we are not an alien soul sucker farm, and we are not going to be enslaved and made to work in alien mines.
That stuff is the real disinformation.
We have wonderful and to many alien races, amazing attributes that are not present in many alien cultures. By the same token, we have tremendous shortcomings, that are incomprehensible to those cultures. And to many of us as well, i might add.
They see this, IMHO, as an experiment in advancement.
If they are able to help us deal with our shortcomings, while enhancing our good qualities, that would be a socialogical success that can be repeated throughout the universe. At least, this is the scenario that rings true with me.

P.S. I hope that's the way it is. Cause I ain't workin' in no damn mine.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
no, the public is not ready to accept the truth, in my opinion, the people that deny the truth just dont want to believe it, they could, but they are afraid to.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Good to see you are still around ES.

I think once that the "are we alone in the universe" question has been satisfied, I believe our approah to 'ecomonies' will change forever.
Our selfish ways ie personal wealth, will be meaningless and we could perhaps speed up our efforts to create equality throughout Earth.
Who knows, some of these Oil dealing organzations / greed ridden oppresive scum will actually see that money is the problem not the cure.

Disclosure, Fast or slow, I think willl not make a difference, the fact that ET are real is the biggest trump card and everything that comes with it will be an adjustment to current beliefs and thoughts.

I think religious buffs will believe whatever they have to continue their way of life. Should some kill themselves - well nothing would have changed that happening.

We are ready, always have been, we just don't know it.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
Without a doubt we can handle it.
What's to handle that is any different than what we know now.
I don't see that disclosure in itself, is going to cause any problems. [edit on 6-4-2005 by freddieb]

On a basic fundamental level, humans have never encountered another species with a comparable or above intelligence level. That alone is something to ponder.

We are an easily frightened bunch....especially by the unkown.

I just can't help to think that most people would be scared out of their minds by sudden disclosure. It would shake the very foundations of our society to the core.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but seeing throughout history how humans have reacted to cultural and technological shock says a lot. Only this time, it would not be Columbus and the Indians..... it would be all of humanity and "them."

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Maybe it would be better for aliens to don't share with us because the human is so stupid that he could make collapse the alien's world... maybe if they have something to change those who are stupid and those who wants power, money and all those kind of stupid human things.... like almost all political leaders (except Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Ama) and those buisiness mans...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Will the population of earth ever be ready for a revelation that just about everything they know is wrong? Never. Contemporary science, medicine, religion, and history are merely shams as a result of this huge omission. Its a secret that has to come out sooner or later though. Like a doctor who knows the fatal diagnosis for a patient, this utterly shocking news has to be made known because it is the truth, no matter how bad it may be. The cover up behind it is eating away at everyone and everything from the massive amount of criminality that goes into keeping it a secret.

This revelation, which will never get a positive reaction, in the end is the one thing that will give us the opportunity to turn the worsening situation around on earth and avoid near-future environmental catastrophes which from all credible accounts appears to threaten our very survival. I type that because it appears that a large reason for ET visitation is for a concern over the future of this planet from fears over pollution to nuclear war. It has to come out at some point not only because its too impossibly big and costly to keep a secret forever, but all the good it will bring despite having quite a jarring effect upon the then-living popuation of earth.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As far as any question of disclosure is concerned let me add my opinion in saying that I consider it to be a myth created to perpetuate the state of carefully controlled 'wait and see' conditioning which stops individuals from seeking the truth for themselves and to create artificially manipulated 'walls of reason' against which they can hurl their own 'artificially' created counter-manipulation fairy tale mythologies.

All in the name of social control.

However, for the sake of the discussion the 'disclosure principle' concerned would only happen if the following criteria are true :

1: Any 'non-human' group to be revealed is significantly more powerful and advanced either technologically, intellectually or spiritually than the human race since if not - they would not reveal themselves to an obviously otherwise racially cruel and barbaric species who would then either instantly exterminate, segregate, oppress or enslave them - as they have already done so with many other races on earth already.

Since they have yet to 'reveal' we can only assume they are either a) weaker or b) quite happy with the way things are going

2: Any 'non-human' group to be revealed would ONLY have something of value to offer and more powerful than us - since any 'non-human' group that was not covered by the terms under item 1) would not reveal itself to us if it's intentions were harmful since they could easily be overpowered and thus it would be pointless to reveal themselves. However, again even if their motives were benevolent it is likely they would not risk appearance since historical precedents of what we do to 'peace loving' teachers of love, light and wisdom etc are usually records of murder, ignorance and brutality.

If they were 'benevolent' and more powerful there would also be little to achieve in revealing themselves since it would destroy their own 'benevolent status' if they had to 'enforce decency on us'.

Since they have yet to 'reveal' we can only assume that they are either a) weaker or b) quite happy with the way things are going

In both cases either benevolent or malevolent they would choose indefinitely to remain hidden - since the only thing to be achieved by 'disclosure' would be glorification of their ego's - which would be a little like being a cowboy trying to earn the respect of the cattle he is about to slaughter

They surely do not require praise from a race they more than likely despise.

So to recap ;

a) If any 'non-human' group has NOT disclosed itself as of yet it is because they have weakness that we may well still be able to overcome and prefer to manipulate from behind the scenes. Given the condition of our planet it is clear their 'hide and seek' policy is effective and they still actively 'fear' revelation or discovery.

This is a SERIOUSLY viable supposition.

b) If any 'non-human' group chooses to disclose it is only because they have little time or choice in the situation - which means something drastic, mandating a socially or cosmic upheaval is about to ensue and that they either have the power and strength to carry it out or are simply issuing us with some kind of 'foreclosure' rather than a 'disclosure' notice...

Again a plan seems to have been put into action during the last 2000 years that appears to becoming to fruition. I think were talking 10-20 years of it's final unfolding, but we are living in those times.

The 'disclosure' scenario most commonly 'awaited' is that of the 'benevolent space travelers' who have conveniently arrived ' just in the nick of time' to save earth from the terrible mess we have gotten it into. I hope everyone can see how ridiculous that idea is. So it's safe to say 'help is NOT on the way'.

When CNN do announce the space travelers arrival please bear in mind the following :

Which only leaves the 'harvesting' or the 'this place if screwed - we're out of here' - anyone want to come along?' options.

That is if you actually believe in the 'disclosure principal' - which I don't since it is a fairy story designed to control you and already you should see that is automatically put you in a state of docile subservience towards the 'disclosing privileged higher authority' on all levels.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainhemmingway
The 'disclosure' scenario most commonly 'awaited' is that of the 'benevolent space travelers' who have conveniently arrived ' just in the nick of time' to save earth from the terrible mess we have gotten it into. I hope everyone can see how ridiculous that idea is. So it's safe to say 'help is NOT on the way'.

Isn't it equally or more ridiculous to imagine beings from distant planets coming here in the first place? If they are coming here they have to have a reason, right? Speculation is all we have and as is usually the case, one speculative answer becomes the popular theory.

That is if you actually believe in the 'disclosure principal' - which I don't since it is a fairy story designed to control you and already you should see that is automatically put you in a state of docile subservience towards the 'disclosing privileged higher authority' on all levels.

I teeter on this question. In some way I think there is going to be an "intervention" scenario where a quick reveal followed by a doomsday message if we don't shape up will happen. If as some scientists like to claim our environment is heading towards ultimate collapse and our own governments do little to stop it as they are currently doing, the only time the ignorant population will actually act is when its too late and the collapse has already taken place. If ETs are coming here, certainly they must like watching us. If they wish to continue watching us then perhaps that message will have to be made known in grand fashion to the ignorant majority to knock some survival sense into them so that these ETs may continue their watching habits.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Frith]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join