It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Completes Takeover of Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Now I may consider getting a Twitter account. I did not care for Twitter before, it was a place where deceit was spread and they took a stance against truth there unless it matched the beliefs of those who ran it and the people who bribed the owners..
edit on 27-10-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz
I read somewhere today that Twitter is only worth about twenty two Billion. If I remember right, he said something like, "I believe in the right to free speech". I know I put it in quotes but it was something to that effect.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ah yes, so she’s the legal affairs/policy chief then, recall reading her name in a negative light before.

Whilst it delights me to see these power hungry loonies get their comeuppance I’m only mildly interested at best having no social media accounts except for LinkedIN for professional reasons (tried to shut that down 18 months ago, could t for some reason then had a recruiter reach out through there a few weeks later who got me a very well paying job in finance and a ticket out of my previous industry so decided to keep it).

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

"But. . . but muh censorship. . . . "
-Every democrat

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

and there are rumors that google will de-platform Twitter, just in time for the elections, as early as this weekend.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There's always two sides to everything. I hope for the best, but past history has me watching closely for any questionable moves.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Isn't anyone even a little suspicious that it's really a trap if he lets people post just about anything they'd like to? 

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
staff edit
edit on Fri Oct 28 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
There's always two sides to everything. I hope for the best, but past history has me watching closely for any questionable moves.

Great infographic, I’m with you and have long been skeptical of Musk.

Something about a billionaire with ambitions to have everyone on the globe driving EV’s, colonising Mars, controlling (and monitoring) the worlds internet through a satellite system, putting chips in our brains and now owning the worlds default digital public raise a few concerns with me.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

That describes all social media IMO.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
And already the racial slurs are flying from a certain side of Twitter. Not to mention at least one user stating there's a kill list of prominent liberals on the platform.

Well done Elon. If this keeps up your investment will be worth nothing in a matter of weeks as advertisers pull out and the app gets deplatformed.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

You are Not Alone

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
And already the racial slurs are flying from a certain side of Twitter. Not to mention at least one user stating there's a kill list of prominent liberals on the platform.

Well done Elon. If this keeps up your investment will be worth nothing in a matter of weeks as advertisers pull out and the app gets deplatformed.

I'll bet this is all those right wing extremists who just got done stealing the election, and now point their arrows towards Twitter! No way this is organic from inside angry assholes with pink slips.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

True to some degree, but the terms and conditions ordinarily get in the way of the really juicy stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What do you think it means that when given completely free speech one side doesn't change anything about their rhetoric while the other sees it as an invitation to just start spouting unprovoked racial slurs?

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
Isn't anyone even a little suspicious that it's really a trap if he lets people post just about anything they'd like to? 

what do you mean?

everyone posts whatever, paypal and banks lock their accounts for saying mean things, then Elon turns twitter into a paid service.

what could go wrong?
edit on 28/10/2022 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I joined Twitter when I found out he was buying it and my account was permanently suspended because they said I violated their T&C, yet I have never posted or commented.

I love that he bought and fired the people he has. I hope he reinstates all those who were silenced for speaking the truth during covid. I also can't wait for him to reinstate Trump, so many will lose their minds and it will be a joy to watch!

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

What do you think it means that when given completely free speech one side doesn't change anything about their rhetoric while the other sees it as an invitation to just start spouting unprovoked racial slurs?

it almost makes me wonder if this is just the left leaning sky screamers who are about to be fired using their bots to spam twitter with the exact type of things that would get them in trouble.

But what am I thinking. The left is a BY THE BOOK type of group. They would never stoop to BAMN would they?

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Free speech is offensive to some including you and me.

That’s why it’s protected.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I wasn't thinking about paypal, because my connected checking account is one without overdraft that I only transfer money into as needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join