It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last minute prepper ideas for Grasshoppers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker Great posts! More than worth the time to view.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LLoyd45

Below i will address each of these items, and try to assist you in making some practical, as well as logical choices. Hold that thought for a moment

Are we getting to that on this page now?😁

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
9 posts (NINE) so far and not one bit of useful information.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Just don't forget the salt and pepper! Wouldn't you like to be a Prepper too?🧂&🌶️

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler Sorry schuyler, I wasn't really counting. I'll finish up the post tonight, and post it in the AM. Whenever I feel a topic is important, I like to take my time and do it right.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Some of my favourite items.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I like to carry lifestraws and sawyer mini's in my get home back and travel luggage.

Get some Sawyers and coffee filters to pre-filter and you are in business.

I chose the Alexapure Pro for my home unit.

edit on 14-10-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i finally figured it out! An Aesop fable that emphasizes why you should plan ahead, AKA "Prep"

2CuDTaImNfo

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks for the info Lurker

I’ll be taking a closer look.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I posted tons of useful information... and entertaining

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Patience, making friends, and keeping a low profile are all valuable survival traits.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker That you did, and I starred you. Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

ready.gov....has lists for all types of situations. Go bags etc....
edit on 10220331America/ChicagoFri, 14 Oct 2022 23:34:03 -050034202200000003 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Care to tell us what you are prepping for ?

Evidently he/she is prepping for supper based on the last sentences.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Anything.

You never know what could happen. It doesn't have to be an end of the world scenario. It can be personal to you alone. You could lose your job. If that happens , especially if you have a family, it would be great to have food saved up that will last you 3-6 months while you search for a new job. To have money saved up to keep the heat on.
or what if a weather event knocks out your power for a few weeks? That happened to me twice during my life living on the gulf coast. I'm so glad I had some solar panels to charge my phone so that I could get information. I'm so glad I had dry foods and water saved up so I could build a fire in my yard. I ate good while my neighbors had to stand in line for hours to get mres. Ever had an mre? Give me a pot of fresh beans any day.

That's just two of many random things that could happen.
# happens, it's best to be prepared with the basics. The basics will get you through most unknowns.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I have 6 months of dry food saved up inside of 12 5 gallon buckets. I say 6 months but it's probably more by now. I stopped counting after it became 6. I live in an area that gets plenty of rain and has many many fresh water sources near me. So I also have vacuum sealed a bunch of ways to treat water. Pills, filters, books on how to filter water in the wild when you have nothing. I have vacuumed sealed clothing and medical supplies. It's a lot and has to be traded out every 5 years or so to keep everything as fresh but it has all proven useful several times.

In total it's 3 medium gym bags, One large suitcase, two small suit cases, one medium back pack, 2 medium medical bags, and the 12 5 gallon buckets. It's a lot yes but my plan is a hunker down in place plan. If I need to I have a back pack and a medium bag I can carry over my shoulder as my bug out bags. They also stay packed and updated.

All that consists of everything I can think of that I would need in a truly dire situation for 6 moths a year or longer if I ration. That means I'm happy and comfortable with no electricity, no help from anyone, no way better place for me to get to. And I believe that I have the knowledge , intelligence, luck, and skill to figure out what next to do within that time.

This is a chaotic world and sometimes prepping is just about having peace of mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

prepping was very good for me during massive hurricanes while living in florida.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

I exercise regularly because I agree. You wont survive if you can't move or think your way out of surprising events.
But the opposite is true as well. Big brain and big muscles wont save you if your to far away from resources. Having at least a bug out bag and the knowledge and fortitude to make the right moves is the best place you can hope to be in when a disaster happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

A dark deep part of me thinks about how fun and cool it would be to meet up in the woods with all the survival minded people. Making a new society. That part of me is secretly ok with the society as we know it being ruined.

But then I remember that 99% of the people I care about wouldn't make it. My best friend, a family man with 3 kids has no plans. Thinks that stuff is silly and a waste of time. With the food in his house at any given time he couldn't feed himself but for a day or two. His family would be starving within the week. He assumes someone will always be there to help. And he's right I will help but only if I can. We don't live near each other. And my prep would only feed his family for a month or two.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Cool video. Me and that guy think a lot alike. I also vacuumed seal all my food before it goes in the bucket.
And yes the thing about rats is true. Had rats eat through metal to get at my stored food back when I was a noob at this.

My solution to rats. I got some cats.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join