It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last minute prepper ideas for Grasshoppers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you've been thinking about setting aside some emergency preps, but haven't found the time to do so, all is not lost. You still have time to assemble a small, but sustainable cache in the event of an emergency. I know, I know.. You don't know what to stock up on, how will you pay for it?, where and how should you store it? etc.

Below i will address each of these items, and try to assist you in making some practical, as well as logical choices. Hold that thought for a moment though, as I unfortunately for you, have Supper to cook for my family. To be continued...

edit on 14-10-2022 by LLoyd45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Care to tell us what you are prepping for ?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LLoyd45
... as I unfortunately for you, have Supper to cook for my family. To be continued...

And unfortunately for you, this person doesn't listen to prepping advice from someone who cannot even prepare a thread completely before posting.

Thanks for the lesson.
edit on 14/10/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LLoyd45

Prepping is good, but with the issues we are seeing in the world right now it might not be the ideal tool for survival.

Let's take a look.

People in Ukraine had to flee.
Some people in surrounding areas had to flee.
People in Florida lost everything under water.
Areas hit by tornadoes lost everything.

Maybe the better skill to have is one that you keep in your head..... OR in another location that is geographically far enough away, maybe like 4 or 5 hours. A little plot of land?....

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider I don't believe in prepping for one specific scenario, I take an eclectic approach that will cover a variety of situations. My preps are also reality based and tailored to my particular financial situation. I can't afford top shelf gear, firearms, or even food items, but I do buy the best I can. I hope that answers your question, and feel free to ask for clarification or comment on any point I make. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot That's too bad..
You can possibly learn something even from the time-challenged and ill-prepared. I post because I enjoy helping others, but sometime my thoughts aren't clearly formed in my head, I don't have time to flesh a post out, or I'm simply exhausted from the rigors of my everyday, real-World life.

I haven't posted in quite awhile, and I guess I'm a little out of practice. i've also had a couple of strokes that have impaired my memory and at times my writing abilities. Please forgive my Human frailties, but we all have them. I don't mean to be flip with you, and I hope you'll stick around and possibly provide a post or two of your own. Thanks for commenting.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

...this person doesn't listen to prepping advice from someone who cannot even prepare a thread completely before posting.

Now, now, nerbot, I understand the sentiment these days with so many talking heads however I believe in giving Lloyd a chance because he is, obviously, taking care of family & that is the primacy of prepping after all, eh?
edit on 14-10-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64 Man, this kid needs some serious help with his organizational skills! He'll probably outlast us all however.. LOL Cool song, Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm All good points, but I'm certain even the people who found themselves in these desperate straits took the time to grab a few necessary items like food and water, and place them in a tote bag, pillowcase, etc. The more you think and prepare, the better off you'll be in the long run IMHO.

Being prepared to leave, should the situation warrants it, is also part of prepping
to my mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

No one knows at any minute, what life might throw at you. You can be fine and it can all change in a heartbeat.

My family preps, just in case. We stock up on food, have a go bag, filled with supplies we would need if we had to move in a moment notice; also my husband and I have chosen our spot to both the north of our house and south depending on the direction we have to move, and we had gotten ourselves separated. Everyone needs some sort of plan.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The key to prepping is being able to survive without anything.

The majority of people I know who "prep" (but not all thankfully) couldn't run a mile or manage one pullup. Heck, they couldn't go a day without their addictions, either. Be it alcohol, cannabis, coffee, cell phones, or otherwise. It's the silent enabling society that is buckling them down with debt, anxiety, or obligations. So they say...

In other words, stock up all you want.
But the brain and body are the most important.
Learning and practicing skills are better than stocking goods.

In my humble opinion, of course.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In this day and age I’m prepping in “layers”.

1. In place with everything.

2. Truck and trailer ready to be loaded with most everything we’d need and at least one pre-planned place to go.

3. On foot bugout bag with reduced items but enough to survive and defend for a limited period.

4. Small bag with change of clothes, passports, id, cash, a few gold coins etc for evacuation conditions.

Organized and accessible, ready to load or be separated so it’s quickly available for each scenario. Panic sorting and packing will make you late and forgetful.

Even all of this thought and effort may end up useless but is well worth the try.

edit on 10 14 2022 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsInDust To quote Robert Burns: "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry". As Human beings nothing is guaranteed, not even tomorrow. All we can do is prepare and do our best. Maybe if we don't benefit from our labors, somebody else will.

I've done the same things with my family as you, but if bugging out is necessary, I'll be staying behind. My health won't permit my traipsing about the countryside anymore, but my son makes a great replacement for me. I'll be the rear guard now. I'm a tough ol' bird, and will survive if at all possible. thanks for your post

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: havok It would be great if we all could do that, but as you said, most people couldn't run a mile or do one pull-up if they're life literally depended on it! With one's mind however, they can prepare and compensate for physical deficits. It's not just about surviving, but thriving. I used to feel as you do also, at least till I suffered a couple of strokes.. Things can change for you real fast afterwards.

You're entitled to your opinion havok, and I would welcome you to share your knowledge with the rest of us. Thanks for your comment.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I originally joined ATS for the survival boards. What do you want to know?

5 or 6 gallon buckets

5 gallon mylar bags

Rice, oats, flat pasta, corn meal, whatever dry good.

5 Gallon Buckets & Mylar - My First Experience

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-10-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons)

San Andreas for Preppers: 12 Essential Survival Lessons from the Movie

An Electromagnetic Event Impacting The United States Is Inevitable. Get Ready Now

Most Roads Are Currently Leading To The Same Destination

The Fallacy of Bugging Out – Are You Prepared to Be a Refugee?

www.shtfplan.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Bunker 101 : Building Your Bunker, Forget the Bug Out Bag, Make A Fortress

Sit X to me is based on "threat" probabilities. There are many possible Sit X situations and I cannot plan for them all just the most probable.

Currently there are a few on the "high" list (such as EMP & Bio) but almost all of them have the same outcome -

Disruption of Electricity or Transportation for an extended period of time... that is it and really all that it would take.

No Transportation = No Food for 95% or more of the population within days.

OK - Primary threat identified

Solutions - Either go to a "pre-positioned" shelter with supplies within walking / bicycle distance or sit it out at the primary suburban residence (which is not the main plan).

Food runs out in days, Order quickly deteriorates, If winter - People will start burning anything to keep warm.. not a pretty scenario any way you look at it.

Authorities will go door to door to "centralize" food IF there is still an order structure in place to feed the masses. If the "authorities" realize that there is no help coming anytime soon, they will take it for themselves and "fortress" up. It may take a couple of weeks before this happens but if supplies start running low......

Otherwise, chaos will reign in any major populated areas as the desperate "have nots" take from anyone that still has in the area.

I would rather "quickly" get to my "concealed" shelter and wait it out to be truthful.

One, I hate it that I have to think this way but our population has turned into such "dependents" that most people don't even have 2 weeks worth of food in their houses. I don't want to harm anyone either in defense or being desperate enough to consider it because I didn't pre-plan for the "threats" that are plain as day to see. My solution: Stockpile food in a shelter and wait any major emergency out with my friends and family.... what else can I morally do? The chances of Sit-x happening increase every year and I would be a fool to do "nothing".

Grabbing a backpack and a gun and running into the woods is an idiots plan of desperation in most cases. Having a planned shelter with supplies is the only answer in my opinion.

Edit: One other thing - meeting up with "like minded" individuals may not be what you think.... Soon someone is going to have a "Leader" complex and possibly gain "followers" which may put you and your loved ones in an awkward position depending how bat-sh!t crazy the wanna be "leader" turns out to be. You may soon find yourself in a situation that is worse than going it small with your "trusted" friends and family.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Interesting, even though I keep myself in very good shape. I exercise and eat extremely healthy, I will be turning 65 in a few weeks. So officially considered “old” now, even if I do not feel it. But still, I guess, maybe our “bug out” may not be quite as enthusiastic as it once could have been.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here's a cute little fable by Aesop that explains the necessity of planning ahead.

Sorry don't remember how to post videos
The video was " The Ants and the Grasshopper".

<<   2  3 >>

join