It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

BBC News - Ukraine war: Putin says no more massive strike - for now

translation,
putin says russia is broke and can not afford to replace, repair or buy new equipment and armament to continue sustained attacks.

edit on 14-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeeh that seem to be the case, but even before that there has been wide connection failures with starlink in Ukraine...in critical areas frontline, then add odd comments from Musk itself...and after that comes the F off comment.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ukraine is doing so well, they deployed 1000 AQ/Daesh fighters at $1000 a month

Cheap for what you get. Very cost-effective, except someone has to clean up afterwards.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Source ?

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Viscount Slim, the legendary (but largely forgotten) British commander of the Fourteenth Army in WW2, said many things and re-wrote the book for leadership (in my opinion), but here's a choice quote...

Armies do not win wars by means of a few bodies of super-soldiers but by the average quality of their standard units.

We were told early on that Russia had some elite forces, but what happened to them? Too much focus on the well-equipped, YouTube-friendly, Russian Ninja hard-cases, and not on the average Russian soldier, perhaps?

Since the start of the war - from what I have seen from my armchair - the Ukrainian forces have learnt and developed, trained and become experienced. I would speculate that the average Ukrainian soldier is of higher quality than their Russian equivalent, watered down as it is with poor doctrine, new recruits from civvy street and alleged poor morale.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Ancient anti-aircraft guns on the road in Russia, i wonder to where ....if those are going to Ukraine front the situation is even worse that i expected .

A man in Ufa, Russia, notices ancient soviet S-60 anti-aircraft guns moving under a convoy. We got to know what air defence was doing. It was rusting. This is a gamechanger.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

As automatic weapons, they could be useful as fire support for the infantry. As AA, they're effective against helos and perhaps drones.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Ukraine's government is not interested in having Musk make decisions about their sovereignty.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   

That FSB individual is especially marked for retribution by Putin, count on it.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
14 October Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that his “partial” mobilization will end in “about two weeks”—likely to free up bureaucratic bandwidth for the normal autumn conscription cycle that will begin on November 1.

* Putin may intend for mobilized personnel to plug gaps in Russia’s frontlines long enough for the autumn conscripts to receive some training and form additional units to improve Russian combat power in 2023.

* Ukrainian and Western officials continue to reiterate that they have observed no indicators of preparations for a Belarusian invasion of Ukraine, despite alarmist reports in the Belarusian information space that President Alexander Lukashenko has introduced a “counter-terrorist operation” regime.

* Russian President Vladimir Putin stated on October 14 that there is currently no additional need for further massive strikes against Ukraine.

* Russian authorities are continuing to engage in “Russification” social programming schemes that target Ukrainian children.

* A prominent Russian milblogger accused unspecified senior officials within the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) of preparing to censor Russian milbloggers on October 14, but there is no official confirmation of an investigation or prosecution of these milbloggers.

* Russian sources continued to claim that Ukrainian forces are conducting counteroffensive operations in northeast Kharkiv Oblast east of Kupyansk.

* Russian troops conducted limited ground attacks west of Kreminna in order to regain lost positions.

* Russian forces conducted limited ground attacks in northwestern Kherson Oblast in order to regain lost positions.

* Russian troops continued ground attacks around Bakhmut and Donetsk City.

* Russian authorities expressed increasing concern over Ukrainian strikes against Russian rear logistics lines in southern Donetsk Oblast.

* Russian occupation authorities are continuing to consolidate control of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) through strengthened security measures amid negotiations to establish a nuclear safety and protective zone at the plant.

* Russian officials continued to brand their movement of populations out of Kherson Oblast as recreational “humanitarian trips” rather than evacuations.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I am still at a loss of understanding
what are Ukrainian objectives for success of repelling the assualt (why should I care)
what is Russian aggression going to achieve? (Why should I care)

this is a pointless "world event"

why can't the world kill each other in peace ffs

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman.

You don't have to care. Many people do.

You also aren't obliged to post about it. Others will do.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

BBC News - Ukraine war: Putin says no more massive strike - for now

translation,
putin says russia is broke and can not afford to replace, repair or buy new equipment and armament to continue sustained attacks.

AMERICANS...keep this in mind as your government keeps shoveling money to Zelenskyy (Ukraine).

Another big $$$ approval for Ukraine as Americans suffer Inflation: gettr.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes and might pass vehicle armors too .

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I understand perfectly how Ukrainians dont like Musk odd views . He should stick to business and stay away geopolitical issues IMO .

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Putin is famous for getting revenge , one way or another

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Musk has "activist billionaire disease". Like Gates, but with different interests. That crew is dangerous, because their massive wealth allows them influence politics all over the world even though the peoples affected never elected them.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
posted in another thread that the kerch bridge wont be fully repaired until july 2023. expect a thrid front to open towards mariupol that will sever the last rail link between russia and kherson.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join