It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pureblood69
Did you see the pic of the leader of the Ukrainian armed forces wearing a bracelet with a swastika

If you support Ukraine you are a Nazi supporter .

Nazis

We almost made it to page 2 before Godwins Law came to fruition.

There’s always next time boys.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Did you see the pic of the leader of the Ukrainian armed forces wearing a bracelet with a swastika

Nazis

So did you see it?

It is the leader of their armed forces wearing a bracelet with a swastika

I know you really really really dont want to believe it and want to believe thats all Russian propaganda

But with all the evidence thats out there and the whole Oliver Stone movie and now the commander of their armed forces proudly wearing a swastika

But go ahead keep believing the media who would never lie

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: pureblood69

Haaha ...it`s a Viking bracelet

No, this Ukrainian general isn’t wearing a bracelet with a swastika on it

No it was not thats just the BS cover story from the always truthful fact checkers

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Well Ukraine by the facts, tactics, and rhetoric seem the terrorist here. Especially using US and war standards. Maybe they are just defenders and less at their desposle yes but most anything that paints Russia the bad guy would mean US was always the bad guy too.

Russia does look more and more like the US did in the middleeast against terrorists in otherwords. Just a observation not saying one waybor another.

Things like human shields, live suicide bombers (not suicide drones) antics towards soldiers but especialoy civilians.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Did you ever look past the headline? It's not a swastika; though the image was blurry and appeard as such.

General Valerii Zaluzhnyi

@CinC_AFU

(Залужний) doesn't have "svastika" on his bracelet (браслет). What might look like "svastika" is just an effect of JPEG compression.

Clear and close up photos of the bracelet: twitter.com...

Here's how the optical illusion was done (short vid at the link): twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

you do know that the swastika was used by many people before the nazi's right, even the ussr used it in the first years because it was in use during the tsar's rule, and just like now they were broke a@@ sob's and couldn't print their own sh@@.

not only that Norse people used it. and guess what ukraine and russia are part norse can't not be if they are claiming to be descendants of Kievan Rus.

then there is growing evidence that Scandinavians, (Swedes, Danes, Norwegians) were Germanic.

edit on 13-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Nazis

Your user name seems to remind me of Adolf Hitler and his quest for a pure Aryan Race.

Must just be a coincidence.

edit on 13-10-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Nazis

So did you see it?

I know you really really really dont want to believe it and want to believe thats all Russian propaganda

But with all the evidence thats out there and the whole Oliver Stone movie and now the commander of their armed forces proudly wearing a swastika

www.newsweek.com...

People are saying its a JPEG compression artifact that resembles a swastika.

We should be weary of all media because there is a race to put out articles and get clicks. Fact checking can sometimes be ignored.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Moreover, not all "Chmobiki" were even provided with personal weapons. Some had to share one assault rifle between them

so in other words they had to go " "rat-tat-tat.", with one rifle between them.
if that doesn't invoke images of farty imitating stalin nothing will, poor bastards.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

That`s insane , they should have enough AK s anyway for every man in front.

But maybe the corruption changed that .

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

you would think seeing how they invented the damn thing and ammunition to, considering that you use to could get 7.62 by the case on the cheap for a long time, and it's still fairly cheap to buy russian brands that i just checked with a war going on wolf brand.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
More drone jammers being sent from NATO to Ukraine-

NATO to deliver counter-drone equipment to #Ukraine, “with hundreds of drone jammers which can help render ineffective Russian & Iranian-made drones,” says @jensstoltenberg

twitter.com...

Could be due to Zelenskys recent statement about Russia ordering 2400 more Shahed drones from Iran-
news.yahoo.com...

Sounds like a lot-I doubt Iran can send them all at once,or if they even have that many ready to sell.
Looking at the specs of the Shahed 136 on Wiki-
It doesn't look like the hardest drone to shoot down or target-the top speed is only 115mph.
Its a loitering type drone-hence the name which means "witness"or "observer."
The main engine is a Chinese copy of an old German design.
Meant to be lauched in batches of +5,to supposedly overwhelm defences.

Its all seems a bit cheap but not very cheerful-each drone costs $20 000 which although not expensive,seems like a rip off for what you actually get.
Especially if they are easily jammed,which Ukraine are saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't know one way or the other. I don't trust Russia, Ukraine or NATO, or their individual countries

but I asked this question yesterday, as we can't have it both ways. which is it?

Some here say the Russians are falling apart, and crazily suggest furthermore let's go for a regime change

while others profess we must let Ukraine into NATO now, and send in NATO troops because Belarus might start sending troops and Putin is going to invade Poland because he is just like Hitler

Furthermore, he has withheld his crack troops and is just consolidating the territory they do hold.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I have no doubt that there are groups over there that tout nazi elements (on both sides).

But the specific example you have is really grainy. It’s possible it’s real, but I’d hardly say it’s definitive.

Beyond that, your original statement was false equivalency. There are some people who are extreme nationalist ideas (common for a country being invaded), therefor, if you show any kind of support for Ukraine , you’re a nazi supporter. It’s a logical fallacy to the likes of those who say if you’re right wing, you’re a nazi because some exist in the right wing (vast minority).

Godwins law is almost one of life’s promises like death and taxes. Don’t be too hard on yourself though, low hanging fruit can be ever so tempting.
edit on 13-10-2022 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Luckily there’s no chance of NATO membership for Ukraine. That would be incredibly unfair to current members and other ones who wanted to be members with current border disputes.

It’s one of the best provisions for applicants IMO. No country should ever be able to join with geopolitical instability. You join when you’re stable and in a position to add value to the alliance. That being said I think it has more than enough members now, I’d be fine with no new ones.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the vaunted russian army of hypermacho soldiers is literally falling apart . they are either running for the borders or running from battle . next time try to be real men and dont let a tyrant like putin come to power but russians like to be told what to do like now when they are told to go to ukraine and get blown up for nothing . gj tough guys....

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LouisCypher

To be fair, they’re likely using B team in case the war has new players enter.

from my understanding, a good portion is rag tags, mercs, reserves, and conscripts.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, but a lot of their best has already been squandered. First Guards Tank Army, the air assault brigades, and the airborne divisions come to mind.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Nazis

So did you see it?

It's not the media I'm trusting, it's the ability to recreate a low resolution image that looks like a swastika from something that's not a swastika that we should be considering...did you try it? It's something you can do yourself personally, you don't have to trust anybody to do this yourself.

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join