It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody Wants To Work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Tptb don't like that, they don't like it at all.

complete BS. they love it.

it's all the reason people will be cheering them when universal basic income and communism gets implemented.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Klassified

I see that as a good thing. We shouldn't be living apart so much. It's unhealthy. Unnatural.

Up to a point, I might agree, until it just becomes irresponsibility.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
we have what 2 generations that were told get a degree and you will have a 6 figure a year salary super model spouse and high end sports car.

Lot of folks are just now realizing gender studies, and under water basket weaving aint gonna do it, and some of them think if they pitch a fit (quitting without a plan or soft quitting) they will get what they wanted.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: JAGStorm

Part Two.

The other thing I'm sick of hearing. Those are "Teen" jobs.
No they aren't. Can teens work fast food during school hours?
Can teen work at resorts during the school year.

They can't, and now they don't even want to. So who should work those jobs?

old mfers on SS.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

I just flat out do not want to work; I think there's plenty just like me out there. Yet here we are, working.

My sentiment exactly. I bust my butt for the boss during the pandemic as half the staff quit and since it's a garden centre he did a great business with all the folk staying home gardening. His response to profit was buy, buy, buy more plants... without respect for the work load we already had. He responded to our complaints by hiring teens with no knowledge or work ethic, so we ended up babysitting on top of the work. This summer the burn out hit me. At one point, I was reduced to tears seeing the devastation that these years had on my own garden all for a boss who simply abused our work ethic.

Now, with the cost of living rising so high, I'm starting to think that staying home to grow my own food may be the sensible thing. I'm not young, have no pension or savings, so it's just time left in life that I have and I don't want to spend it serving a "boss"

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Who would have thought simplifying your lifestyle would be so complicated

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't have time to read all the responses...the ones I have read had great positions...but I'm working right now.

But a connection perhaps...I like watching a YT channel by John Townsend about recreating life in the 18th century. To see how much work it took to live day to day, hand to mouth, well...I have my reservations that if placed in the 18th century, many of the 21st century population would survive one winter. We need a bit more gratitude for what we have and how we live.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

How are the unemployed living without working?

In the little town near me, half the people are living on social security. The other half, (youngsters) are living with people living off social security. And no, the youngsters don't work; they don't look for work; they don't want to work. To supplement their lifestyles, they make meth or sell meth or other drugs. They go to jail for a few months, get out, rinse/repeat.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Make the effers work. Unless they are literally physically or mentally disabled, they don't get any handouts for more than a few months. Problem solved. HTF does your friend 'qualify' for SSI just because he quits jobs?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany
right! At least the dems and Pres Roosevelt came up with the CCC so that young able bodied men had work to do and could send the paycheck back home to their families.
Imagine reimplementing that! what an outcry

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

But... didn't God impose work as a curse to punish Adam and Eve? I mean, is not work but a curse? That would make understandable why people do not want to work. Though I admit that does not explain why kings, queens, czars, emperors, princes, princesses, presidents, bishops, archbishops, mullahs, sheiks, and so on do not work.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i disagree. i own 2 small businesses. Pay very well.Between $23-30 per hour plus benefits and paid vacation. Most of the time i get no one applying or the ones that apply cant do the work. I got walmart down the road paying $22 an hour to stock shelves and they still cant find anyone. Our local shoprite was giving $5000 sign on bonus and still cant find nobody. I hear it from every business around me ( new jersey) . The problem is most of the younger generation does not want to work like their parents or grand parents did. My son and his friends included. My son flat out told me he would not want to take over my very successful business. He said to me " why would i want to slave like you and mom 9-5 everyday". They think regular jobs are slave labor. They want to work just enough to get by and do what ever they want. Eventually i see a lot of manual jobs being replaced by robots and AI. The only solution i see to fill those spots. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Make the effers work. Unless they are literally physically or mentally disabled, they don't get any handouts for more than a few months. Problem solved. HTF does your friend 'qualify' for SSI just because he quits jobs?

I knew a woman who hooked up with a man who was on 'permanent disability' or SSI - he had done too many drugs in his time. Next thing I knew, she was on SSI, he had told her which doctor to see and get the paperwork done and have the state enroll her.
Haven't seen her for a long time, but there is a network of information there, apparently.
And I agree - they should all be going to work, drugs or no drugs.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Anybody who doesn't have a steady work record for X amount of years is considered to have 'social adjustment issues' and all it takes is a good lawyer to find the acceptable loophole to put them in. If you've demonstrated you can't get along with coworkers you may qualify- especially if you have an SSI lawyer.

He's not the sharpest pencil in the box but certainly smarter than some discount store checkers I've seen. lol

The rules to qualify for SSI seem to be far laxer than what's required for Welfare. The entire SSI system is as big of a failure as the ACA is for a lot of people who work to pay for a free ride for those who choose not to work.

One friends daughter tried to get on the SSI gravy train in her early 20's by claiming she 'forgot' how to read. Her school transcript showed she graduated highschool a few years earlier with A's and B's, so she was denied. I don't know if she ever came up with a qualifying alternative.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Who would have thought simplifying your lifestyle would be so complicated

a reply to: KKLOCO

They do a good job a tying us to the system. I was up all night last night stressing about everything I have to do to accomplish my goal. It’s overwhelming. But there is a prize in the end.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Bring on the robots!

This younger generation is smart. They aren’t going to work their butts off for some designer clothes or nick knacks on the shelves. They don’t care about mansions or fancy cars.

They do love their tech, but that’s about it. Just watch though, their kids will be the opposite, it will be like the Victorians!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I dont know anymore. YOu do not see any pride. When i was young I loved working and was so grateful to have a job. This generation seems to want to start at the top instead of working your way up. They feel things should be handed to them. I think all the parents spoiled them too much! Including my own child. Spoiled rotten. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Very good conversation here gang. I’d like to throw another idea into the mix.

First let me say that yes lots of people taking advantage of the system, lots of “failure to launch”, and lots of people people who took early retirement yadda yadda.

I wonder how many people are like me now? I was in retail management for years, running around in heals and a dress moving merch, etc. decided to trade it in for a great “9 to 5 M-F” working for a major utilities company. They paid well, had great benefits and treated the employees fabulously. 6 months in, Rona hit, and one week before the world shut down, I got the Rona and my life has never been the same. I also have a post secondary infection of Epstein Barr, and MECFS. 2.5 years later, and a whole host of health related problems (currently being tested for POTS) later…

I want to work, would love to work, but unable to work. No matter how much I “ stop rest pace” I crash and crash hard. Excruciating muscle and bone/joint pain, brain fog, sensory overload, dizziness, and speaking in half sentences ( I think I completed the sentence out loud, it in reality half is only in my mind) and the overwhelming exhaustion.

Why did I go into such detail about my health? Because there are millions of people like me, who were “productive and contributed” and now left unable to be. We would love to be “normal again” and would love to go back to work.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hi Jag,

Didn't help when "we" removed a lot of jobs by replacing people with machines.

More efficient ... yes. Good for society ... no.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

wow....

just wow.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join