It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Merrick Garland will be issuing a statement at 2:30pm today.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
been reading about contents seized. i see no mention of the special classification for nuclear weapon or any nuclear classification.

it's my understanding that along with the Top Secret those dealing with nuclear weapons or any nuclear classification would have extra markings on them. There are a bunch of different ones.

some of these are RD, FRD, NSI (Restricted Data/Formerly Restricted Data/National Security Information) with a Q &L clearnce (DOE and DOD) Q being higher than L.
also there are some others, SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) and SAP (Special Access Programs).

also RD classification has has even more attached to it, plus some Top Secret Documents require a code word to access.

now one would think if it was all about nuclear weapon or any nuclear classification, some of the contents listed would have contained those markings. yet no mention of any having any of theose markings.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

The Government wouldn't wait from June to August to seize Nuclear Weapon documents.

On second thought...this is Biden's DOJ.

Never mind...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Now that the warrant is public its easy to see that is what the WSJ was using for a source.

Now why didnt they say so..........?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets

originally posted by: xuenchen
Any proof in the evidence gathered that Trump knew these papers were sent and did he know they were in his "possession" ? ☠️
Once i heard 13 boxes of documents I was thinking why would Don have so much stuff like that? I guess I just can't fathom him have the need to store that many official documents in his family home? Is this the norm for presidents to have this kinda possessions of state documents? And another thing did the FBI seize any computers? I never seen that computers where an issue ever?

This is a fairly common issue when Presidents leave office, there is debate about what is classified and what isn't, what is a personal item and what is government property. It's always settled with the lawyers.

This is precisely why Hillary's email scheme was so egregious and why she should've been charged. Because all her government business was done through her private email on a personal server system, there was no access for the Government Accountability Office or the National Archives to review anything and see what was a government record. She just unilaterally said what was hers and what was the governments, and we just had to take her at her word that there was nothing sensitive and nothing corrupt in the documents she deemed were "personal."

What made it even more serious than this situation was Hillary, as Secretary of State, had no authority to declassify a lot of the materials she had in her private personal possession. She knowingly and willfully broke the law and should've been charged with federal felonies.

Trump, as President, had the authority to declassify many things. The question is whether he did with these materials.

Now, if Trump knowingly violated national security laws and knowingly stole classified documents, things he didn't or couldn't declassify, and things that were supposed to be retained as government records and didn't belong to him, and refused to give them back after 19 months of negotiations:

Charge him. If not this was all political theater and it puts Nixon's Watergate scandal to shame.
edit on 12 8 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Now that the warrant is public its easy to see that is what the WSJ was using for a source.

Fox News said their sister company, the WSJ, was given an advance copy of the warrant, but didn't say from whom. Most assume it was Trump.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't claim they are. Defenders here are yelling "he declassified them".

The inventory noted they are marked as classified, Secret and top secret. So apparently Trump just declassified them in his head.

Here is a full listing of markings and procedures required for classifications, declassifying and downgrading.

It's a pdf. pdf

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets

originally posted by: xuenchen
Any proof in the evidence gathered that Trump knew these papers were sent and did he know they were in his "possession" ? ☠️
Once i heard 13 boxes of documents I was thinking why would Don have so much stuff like that? I guess I just can't fathom him have the need to store that many official documents in his family home? Is this the norm for presidents to have this kinda possessions of state documents? And another thing did the FBI seize any computers? I never seen that computers where an issue ever?

30 million or so for Obama...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI

Fox News said their sister company, the WSJ, was given an advance copy of the warrant, but didn't say from whom. Most assume it was Trump.

One garbage source opines on another garbage source.

Fabulous.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Wouldn't those be in the ts/Sci documents listed on line 2A? Or the Top Secret listed on line 26A?

I thought I saw people reference nuclear items marked as ts/sci. Not sure though.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That doesn't address declassification by a President, looks like your source there is the FAA procedures. Hmmm 😉

edit on Aug-12-2022 by xuenchen because: DryCobbed bzzzzzzzzzz 👁️🚬

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just heard / read there citing Obstruction and violation of the Espionage Act, Garland and Wray must be smoking crack and weed in the janitors closet.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah NARA begs to differ about that baseless claim.

The agency said it “assumed exclusive legal and physical custody of Obama Presidential records when President Barack Obama left office in 2017, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act (PRA).”

The statement further said that classified records from the Obama presidency are located in a NARA facility in Washington, D.C., and are not under the 44th president’s control.

“NARA moved approximately 30 million pages of unclassified records to a NARA facility in the Chicago area where they are maintained exclusively by NARA. Additionally, NARA maintains the classified Obama Presidential records in a NARA facility in the Washington, DC, area,” the statement said. “As required by the PRA, former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration.”

Law And Crime

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Wouldn't those be in the ts/Sci documents listed on line 2A? Or the Top Secret listed on line 26A?

the way i understand it, along with TSSCI/SAP dealing with nuclear weapons or any nuclear classification the other marking would be on them to, depending on what they are and who generated them. different agencies use different ones

edit on 12-8-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So he did take 30 million documents.

Thats my quote.

Standards, they exist.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have a hard time believing they read through 30 million pages of documents to verify nothing in there was sensitive.

I've had to respond to a FOIA request before. It's painstaking and I know for a fact a lot of stuff just gets missed because people physically can't read through the sheer volume of records. I have no doubt NARA works the same way. Ask anyone who has worked for the government. The government is incompetent and inefficient. That's why they shouldn't be entrusted with anything except the absolute bare essentials that you can't get anyone else to do besides government.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This better?

(4) Declassification instructions. These instructions shall indicate the following:

(i) The duration of the original classification decision shall be placed on the “Declassify On” line.

(ii) The date or event for declassification that corresponds to the lapse of the information's national security sensitivity, which may not exceed 10 years from the date of the original decision.(5) The overall classification of the document is the highest level of information in the document and will be conspicuously placed stamped at the top and bottom of the outside front and back cover, on the title page, and on the first page.(7) The classification of individual portions of the document, (ordinarily a paragraph, but including subjects, titles, graphics) shall be marked by using the abbreviations (TS), (S), (C), or (U), will be typed or marked at the beginning or end of each paragraph or section of the document. If all portions of the document are classified at the same level, this may be indicated by a statement to that effect.(3) The classification data for material other than documents will be affixed by tagging, stamping, recording, or other means to insure that recipients are aware of the requirements for the protection of the material.(6) Information contained in unmarked records, or Presidential or related materials, and which pertain to the national defense or foreign relations of the U.S. and has been maintained and protected as classified information under prior orders shall continue to be treated as classified information under the Executive Order and is subject to its provisions regarding declassification.

Law Cornell

As you can see, no matter which area of the government, there are requirements. Cannot just declare declassified in his head.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So is Kash Patel lying?

Do the documents have declass or class status?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The FBI is dusting all of the documents for fingerprints to see who may have touched them besides trump.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No. NARA took control of 30 million documents. I really don't get how you guys manage to read the exact opposite of what an article says.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

No. NARA took control of 30 million documents. I really don't get how you guys manage to read the exact opposite of what an article says.

Cool, then apply the same standard.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do remember those right....standards?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join