It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer the damn phone!! Utterly useless USPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I am so fuming right now! I mailed an important package on the 15th, for within my city, and now on the 27th " usps is in possession of item "

I mailed it by registered mail AND priority! I had to add priority as the stupid woman behind the counter wouldn't give me some stupid tape without paying for priority : $12.7 !!

The documents are a new roof notice of commencement etc.
I'm in the middle of having to get a new roof because of insurance , and everything has been on hold for forever because of other delays , and now this!

I will NEVER use usps again for local residential mail.
I could have walked there myself and it would have been there by now!
Especially not by registered or priority mail.

Oh and off course, I tried calling ALL local post offices , not one will answer the damn phone. I could multiple times of multiple days.
I emailed 'customer service' and it's as useless.
edit on 27-7-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

I will now be forced to get the document notarized for another $10 and have to get a new check etc.
Are they going to be paying me for my time ??
Oh no off course not, they already have all my tax dollars !

edit on 27-7-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

USPS mail is sent to the nearest distribution center for sorting. If your town doesn't have one, it can end up getting misrouted a few times before finding its way back- especially if the main distribution center is a ways away.

I avoid using USPS as much as possible; having the ability to fax info via the local library helps.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The woman behind the counter said it would be hand delivered that monday, so the 18th!
I also made sure the recipient would be home that day , she said they never were at her door.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I've had my share of dealings with the P.O. What they say and what they deliver never seem to match- just like politicians.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You were expecting better from something ran by Congress?

AND mandated by the Constitution so no worries about competition?

Although we have a regional parcel service that competes with UPS mainly on price, and it shows. On par if not worse than the post office.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I worked as a mail carrier at USPS for years before Covid hit.
They were a disaster before Covid hit and even worse after.
They are the last living dinosaur on earth, they still operate like it’s the 1960s.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

FYI: USPS-UPS-FEDEX-DEIHL-AMAZON...have all contracted out to others. Even white rental vans delivering for those comps. No name on side.

You may have paid them, but they do pass off to other companies.

Sad but true....Keep the faith dear!

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Never trust others for something you can do yourself. Especially if it's expensive and financial related.

top topics

join