It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scanning .Mohawk movie files for Carmen Sandiego USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Direct link since embedded fails on this video: www.youtube.com... like half the videos on YT don't embed.

Any tools that can open or scan for the .Mov files for Where in the World/USA Carmen files? These files are the cute little animations and clips of the Chief when she speaks to you in various ways based on your actions within the game or the 'Robo Crook' scenes,cat scenes,etc I'd love to rip these and nothing opens them not even weird file openers.

I've heard in one thread this type is a pain to rip but no responses to that and the thread is years and years old and the forum on it was dead. It was about ripping HE Games and somebody asked in an off topic section about Mohawk for other games not done by that company which is where this Question comes in.
edit on 26-7-2022 by Sooga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sooga

Does this help?

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

What did you to to make that video appear? and my mistake on the file format. It is MHK not .Mov. Titanic Adventure Out Of Time uses .mov so I got confused with that and I can't open those either. I assume those are all the 'ship' cutscenes and stuff.

Either way I can't scan the MHK movie files.
MHK stands for Mohawk. Zoombini's uses this format too by the same company.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sooga

I'm not sure what I did I just went to your link and then embedded the YT vid based on its YT ID let me check yours quick and see whats different

Not a damn things different, I wonder if its your location. IDK why worked for me and not for you, strange.
edit on bTue, 26 Jul 2022 02:58:41 -050020223102America/ChicagoTue, 26 Jul 2022 02:58:41 -050007am7 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Could it be my IP perhaps or perhaps I'm shadowbanned on here? Anyways that's not the point of this thread. If you've noticed there are little cutscenes in that video where special 'event's happen right?

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sooga

Could it be my IP perhaps or perhaps I'm shadowbanned on here? Anyways that's not the point of this thread. If you've noticed there are little cutscenes in that video where special 'event's happen right?

I didn't honestly go through the whole deal I just thought I would help you embed the video so people quite a bit smarter then me could more easily help you. Last time I played Carmen Sandiego was on an old Apple ii back in the 80s lol

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Well I found the files are in 'Movies' folder for example all the 'Promotion' scenes in the game are stored as Promo001 thru 07.Mov and I don't know how to rip that to be in a playable form. If I knew how I'd upload the files either on here or YouTube if I can't do it here:
They use some kind of weird encoding within it. The Promo 01-07 are the different scenes where the 'Chief' promotes you to a higher rank after you win case. There seems to be 07 versions of it which I only have ever seen two.

If you don't believe me download the ISO from Archive.org and explore the files inside once mounted. Of course the game won't install on your newer machine but you can still browse the folders within.

There's also a bunch of MHK files on the first section of the disk such as Arrest 1 and 2.MHK which I wonder what they are for.
I think what I want to rip is the .Mov files after all.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Also the Apple II one was pre chief version. It was a guy actually and Warren T Robot or however you spell it. I miss him. In that version you call the robot to do the warrant where as in the version I'm talking about you do the profile your self it's near the 'database' section and issuing a warrant takes a little bit of fuel.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Well I found the files are in 'Movies' folder for example all the 'Promotion' scenes in the game are stored as Promo001 thru 07.Mov and I don't know how to rip that to be in a playable form. If I knew how I'd upload the files either on here or YouTube if I can't do it here:
They use some kind of weird encoding within it. The Promo 01-07 are the different scenes where the 'Chief' promotes you to a higher rank after you win case. There seems to be 07 versions of it which I only have ever seen two.

If you don't believe me download the ISO from Archive.org and explore the files inside once mounted. Of course the game won't install on your newer machine but you can still browse the folders within.

I am going on a limb here because I am a retard. But that weird coding you have I wonder if it has something to do with the game being randomly generated outcomes. So lets say that the files you are talking about are recycled later throughout the game for one reason or another it is given a special value. Again I am goin on a limb here because I don't know if they are recycled resources and I don't truly know if the # is random based on how you play.

I'm the beer guy not the science wizard =D

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Also the Apple II one was pre chief version. It was a guy actually and Warren T Robot or however you spell it. I miss him. In that version you call the robot to do the warrant where as in the version I'm talking about you do the profile your self it's near the 'database' section and issuing a warrant takes a little bit of fuel.

IDK about all of that but I am really good at getting my wimmins killed by snakes in the Oregen Trail and having Ox break its legs. $20 says if you let me near the Apple ii I am going to kill everyone in the most absurd and cruelest manner the game randomly generates based on my poor decision making and lack of empathy for digital wimmins and beef I can't eat in real life.

The shotFun sucks too in the animated sections cause its more like a bb gun and don't even have hit detection, its timed... bastard devs!

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Didn't you see the video the guy help me post? It shows the Chief and the various cut scenes meaning your version was way different not that I don't mind as I like both versions:

I don't get why this site even has a video function at all if nobody ever watches them as that makes threads discussing the videos worthless.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I think the 'bad guy' may be random each time and when the 'bad guy' gets arrested it's the 'good guide' that you can call that does the cut scene. The bad guys all have funny names that are play on words. Sometimes it's a women and you have to be careful with your warrant. Even if you have the right suspect but forgot to issue a warrant. Tsk tsk.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   

To embed YT videos remove the = sign, just use the video code between yvid tags. Also, remember, you can't embed a video that has a timestamp in the code (goes to a specified point in the video), so remove anything after the code as well.

edit on 26/7/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Here. The code starts with the letter L and ends in an s.

It worked tonight! I wonder if it had to do with last night just being glitchy on YT's end?
edit on 27-7-2022 by Sooga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Encia22

Here. The code starts with the letter L and ends in an s.

It worked tonight! I wonder if it had to do with last night just being glitchy on YT's end?

You did it correct the first time, If you hit the quote icon I was able to see exactly what was there and I checked that for you last night and it was right and I messaged this thread a little after it was posted so IDK if was time but you certainly did not do it wrong the first time.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I finally found a file convertor to confert the .mov files to a playable format. Anyway to upload it on here? I converted it to MP4 all the cat scenes that play.
edit on 27-7-2022 by Sooga because: (no reason given)

top topics

join