It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message from MamaBeth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
How bout tell me where she's at and I'll round up the gang and get her away from whatever group of people control who she reads and what she does

Reads like its her choice. Shoutbox at other location is open though im there to talk

When you're a conspiracy theorist, every tiny incongruency resembles a nefarious scheme.

Conversely, when you're in a cult, every fascist edict feels like a rational conclusion you arrived at by your own devices.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I genuinely wish I could offer more practical support than just my best wishes and thoughts.

If you or anyone else can think of anything please don't hesitate to get in touch so that we can hopefully resolve this to Mamabeth's satisfaction.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

She really let me have it one time for using foul language.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
She did the same to me once on ATS Discord during the Great Shutdown....it was a true tumbleweed moment when everyone went silent.
Anyone else may have received at least some sort of retort....but not Mamabeth, far too much respect to do anything other than offer my most sincere apologies.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear she is being suppressed and controlled … either by her choice or someone else’s ….she’s always been supportive of everyone here ., and I hope her true friends can shake her free ….. Grief can do many things, and make you very vulnerable, …. I wonder if they’re draining her bank account too ? ……. Mama Beth , if you hear this, rise above , find you’re inner strength . And remember , People who tell you what you can do , don’t have your best interest at heart, only theirs . ❤️

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ha haaa! She got you to eh? I know it was like 5 mins before
I could think of something to say. I finally just went with something
like.

"You know what mamma, I apologize. You're absolutely right and I promise to work on it"

Went to bed with half my ass left and didn't sign on for like three days. I was so butt hurt.

edit on 21-7-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I discovered a few years back that my local (UK) county library service blocks ATS as an "occult" site. That may be one of its reputations.

There are plenty of religious people who don't want to know anything about the occult. They think even the academic knowledge is tantamount to dabbling in it. I prefer to know my enemy so I can recognize it when I see it. Ignorance is no defense IMO.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow, that is concerning news.

I mean I always thought she was a conservative, "moral majority"-type Christian.
But she wasn't intolerant or a party-pooper either.
I mean she had her principles, but she wasn't beyond posting on my vampire story ages ago (I guess form the romance, rather than the "occult" aspect of the genre), or the "last wave" perhaps, a post on a thread I made about gay cruises.
And in that way, I think she reached people, and I respectfully called her "Mama".

But the people she's involved with now sounds like something else - a cult indeed.
I hope she's OK, and wishing her all the very best.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I queried MamaBeth regarding what exactly was happening and this was her response.

I had them block ATS because I didn't want anything I had posted coming back on this preacher's family. I am sorry for any confusion,mamabeth

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That's odd.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What ? That doesn´t sound right. MamaBeth been a member for 13 years so she must know how dangerous this forum is ( which it is not ). I have not seen her concerned before about this forum. It sounds like she and this preacher had talked about this and why she is scared of preacher´s son watching if she connects to ATS.. Weird :/
edit on 21-7-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sending her good wishes.

If it's not a good living situation for her, I hope she finds something better soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

No, it's not so much.

If people know who she is and find out she's been posting here and they are *that* type of Christian, they could make life difficult for the people who have apparently taken her in. That sort can get that judgy about things even if theoretically you are supposed to forgive and all that.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

How can you be sure you're actually talking to mamabeth and not someone with access to her account?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I am confused.

Does she not own her own computer / internet connection? Maybe time to get a smartphone or your own service.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I discovered a few years back that my local (UK) county library service blocks ATS as an "occult" site. That may be one of its reputations.

There are plenty of religious people who don't want to know anything about the occult. They think even the academic knowledge is tantamount to dabbling in it. I prefer to know my enemy so I can recognize it when I see it. Ignorance is no defense IMO.

This

Agree 100%.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

How can you be sure you're actually talking to mamabeth and not someone with access to her account?

Because she and I have talked back and forth over the years via email.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Weird controlling behaviour ! not like Mama is some confused kid who needs watching , maybe said preacher needs to look at what ATS has in the way of forums to so corrupt Mama maybe it is the .

History forum.
Jokes ,puns pranks forum.
Pets.
Travel forum.
Food and cooking forum .
Health and wellness etc etc etc .

yip we are evil

Mamas not allowed out to play with those bad kids

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Well exactly, if I, for example, joined a strict Amish sect, I wouldn't want to be associated with ATS.

There's people here who wear buttons!

The shame.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Seems strange behaviour to control someone's posting ,its like saying do not text anyone ever or phone them or email .

I think we need more information on this as it does not sound very healthy , like they are trying to isolate her from her friends , i wonder what control they have in her real life ?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have asked for more information, specifically to assuage our fears for her and her safety. I will update when I receive a reply.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join