It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wagner Group offering Russian Prisoners Freedom if they Serve and Survive in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

The West pays them, so they are not Russian, but Western media.

Therefore, they see what is happening in Russia in accordance with Western discourse. That is, as a fascist dictatorship.

And naive Westerners trustingly listen to this information.

Russian news is all correct, the rest of the world is all false, really? World news has a way to self correct as there are many different kinds, but Russia is whatever they say with zero checks and balances to what is right or wrong.

Your point is very convenient... If they are not sanctioned by the official Russian Goverment then they are providing false information...lol OK

They are Russian and may be paid from some western sources, that doesn't make what they are saying true or false, but in your eyes it is all false. Even independents trying to get their word out you instantly label false if their narrative doesn't match your own, well we really don't give a crap as to what you think is real or not. You story just gets old and stale.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The West pays them, so they are not Russian, but Western media.

Therefore, they see what is happening in Russia in accordance with Western discourse. That is, as a fascist dictatorship.

And naive Westerners trustingly listen to this information.

They are Russian and may be paid from some western sources, that doesn't make what they are saying true or false, but in your eyes it is all false.

I didn't write it. You are lying again when you try to state my point of view.

All I did was refuse to consider the Latvian news outlet receiving Western money as Russian.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

The news outlet became Latvian only because Russia would not tolerate it

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Where is Ukraine, Europe going to get their fuel from, fairy dust?
Russia have already won, the West is just dragging it out, send in criminals and do to Kiev what Kiev did to the Donbas.

Russian oil was convenient and we were all convinced they were past their empire building, but we were all wrong. Where will they get their oil, same place the rest of the world gets theirs out side of Russia.

Donbas created their own mess with the whole separatist revolt and with Putin feeding the fires for 8 years with his Nazi mercs and recruiting local fighters while providing all the equipment to fight. Anyhow in that mess it is suggested that 8,000 to 10,000 died in the 8 years of fighting from all sides to include civilians. Russia cared even less for the people there and now we see what 100k dead and towns wiped off the map one by one and that is all justified?

As for the truth in media discussion
The Western media is as corrupt and criminal as the Russian media is.

First, that is a very WIDE paint brush to say "western media" as there are 100s of countries with media, 1000s of independent media originations all lumped nicely in to your "western media" claims. The internet is just too big, everyone in the west has access to it all for the US Goverment to lock anything down outside of an official report.

Russia on the other hand has one official media and locks out everything else. How can anyone suggest world wide media is lying and Russia media is all true when you actually look at both situations?

You and others keep repeating this totally illogical nonsense over and over and I do believe you are all just trying to convince yourselves it is true, not us.

edit on 5-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

The news outlet became Latvian only because Russia would not tolerate it

If you find them on the list of registered Russian media, then I will change my mind - rkn.gov.ru...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

All I did was refuse to consider the Latvian news outlet receiving Western money as Russian.

An opinion is not a lie, so give it a rest as you keep using that word like its some weapon of yours in every post you make. Your second line makes zero sense...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Are you trying to make laugh? I'm under no illusion that the Russian government would consider them Russian. The problem is that you have betrayed the Russian soul and entered into the service of a soulless government.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

An opinion is not a lie, so give it a rest as you keep using that word like its some weapon of yours in every post you make. Your second line makes zero sense...

You have misrepresented my statements twice in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you trying to get me to stop all communication with you?

So far, I have not made any comments about whether this Latvian news outlet writes lies or the truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's gonna take more than the Russian Dirty Dozen 2022, at the burn rate on troops Russia have had.

What is likely to happen now IMHO is Russia will capture and hold the territories they have for a while, but it remains to be seen if they can actually hold that territory. I see constant fighting in those territories.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
It's gonna take more than the Russian Dirty Dozen 2022, at the burn rate on troops Russia have had.

What about if Kelly brings some heroes on Mr. Von Ryan's train?

edit on 5-7-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Are you trying to make laugh? I'm under no illusion that the Russian government would consider them Russian. The problem is that you have betrayed the Russian soul and entered into the service of a soulless government.

The Russian soul does not consist in crawling on its knees before the West.

You couldn't stop Russia in Lugansk, and you can't stop Russia anywhere it wants to be.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why not?

Ukraine released the Tornado Battalion from prison to fight. They were convicted of a slew of things such as building a criminal organization, sodomy under threat of violence, abuse of authority and power by a law enforcement officer accompanied by violence, threat of violence, use of weapons and impact munition, kidnapping, tortures, home invasion and illegal search, extortion committed by an official, they would rape children in front of their families.

They gave them NLAWS and set them loose.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What is the Russian soul, what does that mean to you?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I never wrote this sentence.

OK, so I miss quoted. I didn't write it either and I just reply to what someone wrote, and it looks like I should have replied to Cutepants who did write it.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Are you trying to get me to stop all communication with you?

So far, I have not made any comments about whether this Latvian news outlet writes lies or the truth.

So what does, "they are not Russian because they receive western payment" mean then in the context of a news outlet? My assumption is you are suggesting they are influenced by the West in what they write while you and others have continually said Western media is false, so it isn't hard to add the two together as to what you are really saying here.

I stated a point of view in this post above. I didn't quote anything from you as it was my own words so no clue to what you think I lied about...lol

BTW go ahead stop communion with me, don't care as your posts are full of it anyways.

edit on 5-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What is the Russian soul, what does that mean to you?

I will not be able to raise this huge question.

I propose to trust in this respect Fyodor Dostoevsky :

PUSHKIN SPEECH
Some of these [about poems] appeared after Pushkin’s death. And in this period the poet reveals something almost miraculous, never seen or heard at any time or in any nation before. There had been in the literatures of Europe men of colossal artistic genius -- a Shakespeare, a Cervantes, a Schiller. But show me one of these great geniuses who possessed such a capacity for universal sympathy as our Pushkin. This capacity, the pre-eminent capacity of our nation, he shares with our nation, and by that above all he is our national poet. The greatest of European poets could never so powerfully embody in themselves the genius of a foreign, even a neighboring, people, its spirit in all its hidden depth, and all its yearning after its appointed end, as Pushkin could. On the contrary, when they turned to foreign nations European poets most often made them one with their own people, and understood them after their own fashion. Even Shakespeare’s Italians, for instance, are almost always Englishmen. Pushkin alone of all world poets possessed the capacity of fully identifying himself with an alien nationality. Take his Scenes from Faust, take The Miserly Knight, take the ballad Once there Lived a Poor Young Knight. Read his Don Juan again. Had Pushkin not signed them, you would never know that they were not written by a Spaniard.
No, I will say deliberately, there had never been a poet with a universal sympathy like Pushkin’s. And it is not his sympathy alone, but his amazing profundity, the reincarnation of his spirit in the spirit of foreign nations. It is a reincarnation almost perfect and therefore also miraculous, because the phenomenon has never been repeated in any poet in all the world. It is only in Pushkin. And by this, I repeat, he is a phenomenon never seen and never heard of before, and in my opinion, a prophetic phenomenon, because ... because herein was expressed the national spirit of his poetry, the national spirit in its future development, the national spirit of our future, which is already implicit in the present, and it was expressed prophetically. For what is the power of the spirit of Russian nationality if not its aspiration after the final goal of universality and pan-humanity [vsechelovechestvo]? No sooner had he become a completely national poet, no sooner had he come into contact with the national power, than he already anticipated the great future of that power. In this he was a Seer, in this a Prophet.
Yes, beyond all doubt, the destiny of a Russian is pan-European and universal. To become a true Russian, to become fully Russian (and you should remember this), means only to become the brother of all men, to become, if you will, a universal man.
And in course of time I believe that we -- not we, of course, but our children to come -- will all without exception understand that to be a true Russian does indeed mean to aspire finally to reconcile the contradictions of Europe, to find resolution of European yearning in our pan-human and all-uniting Russian soul, to include within our soul by brotherly love all our brethren. At last it may be that Russia pronounces the final Word of the great general harmony, of the final brotherly communion of all nations in accordance with the law of the gospel of Christ!
I say that the heart of Russia, perhaps more than that of all other nations, is chiefly predestined for this universal, pan-human union. I see its traces in our history, our men of genius, in the artistic genius of Pushkin.

pages.uoregon.edu...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Ukraine don’t have the tech, training or troops, Russia can almost wait them out at this point

This is basically what we been saying about Russia. Ukraine got the tech, very top of the line tech compared to Russia's 80s tech. We are also training the crap out of them and the longer this goes on the more trained they will be. I know of a number of schools in EU right now with Ukrainians in training. If this stalls out in the winter the Russians are going to get hit hard in the spring.

None of us are saying Ukraine will beat Russia, we are saying at what cost is Russia willing to go to win?

What a load of utter rubbish. None of that is happening.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good let's just let the Russian nazis kill off the Ukrainian nazis.

Sad the op sees this as some kind of gotcha thread directed at the pro-Russia element of ATS. Meanwhile incapable of acknowledging the fact they reside inside a glass house as well...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So this means Ukraine won the war, excellent!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join