It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jayland Walker police shooting footage released.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

Quote from the news story:

Eight police officers were "directly involved" in the shooting, Mylett said, and all have been placed on paid administrative leave pending the investigation, according to department protocol.

So now let's take those 30 rounds and divide them up among those 8 officers; 3 and change for each shooter. It's likely each one observed the same action from the suspect near simultaneously. They each responded, as they were probably trained, not waiting to coordinate fire or expecting somebody else would make the first move.

"Hey, you go for the leg and I'll try to shoot the gun out of his hand" - said no responding LEO, ever.

You know and I know they are not trained that way. When a suspect demonstrates the intent and capability to harm them or the public (say discharging a firearm wildly from a moving vehicle), their training is to "neutralize the threat". So when they are firing at the silhouette targets at the academy or range...."neutralize" means center mass. And neutralize means each officer continues fire until the subject is no longer a threat. That doesn't prescribe a set number of rounds, nor does it prescribe a group of officers say, drawing straws or flipping a coin to see who should shoot and who should lay back and watch.

Labeling the LEOs "judge, jury and executioner" sounds like BLM rhetoric in my opinion. Nobody knows what was running through these guys' heads. You seem to be inclined to give a lot of leeway, and I mean A LOT of slack, to somebody that made as many stupid and reckless and frankly dangeours decisions as this suspect.

You're watching this video of a guy in a ski mask, firing out of a vehicle and then running away, and the part you find "scary" is when the guy is shot after turning and facing the pursuing officers he was shooting at minutes earlier??

I find it "scary" that people actually are upset that this guy was shot for acting like he did.

I find it "scary" that every time this happens, the blowback on officers, human beings put in difficult situations by knuckle draggers, just doing their jobs, erodes the will and latitude LEOs are given to deal with creatures like this, inching us closer to anarchy little by little.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

i call it how i see it

and optically it looks awful

may have been legal and even in the right of them to shoot him, it just looks really bad when you have at least 10 officers shooting at one unarmed person.

im just glad im not a judge or jury in that area

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

i call it how i see it

and optically it looks awful

may have been legal and even in the right of them to shoot him, it just looks really bad when you have at least 10 officers shooting at one unarmed person.

im just glad im not a judge or jury in that area

Might you have some Solutions instead of just criticisms ?

Have you ever been in a Gun fight ? Have you ever been shot at ? Have you ever been in a situation where you know the person had a gun and shot at you and now you must confront them ?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It sounds like he was unstable and wanted "suicide by cop".

The rules aren't complicated. But if you shoot at the police, you can pretty much plan on not living anymore.

As someone with a conceal carry permit, trained to hit center of mass, I really don't understand the excessive use of bullets in this case. If your life is in danger and it's you or them, if lethal force is necessary, it shouldn't take more than a couple.

To fire 60 bullets into a body is ridiculous and will only cause more riots.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So after all the figuring out that firing on police while fleeing and eluding a traffic stop isn’t a valid defense….the media is going with the “Ohio has Constitutional Carry now…” as why it was wrong for cops to shoot a black guy, that had been firing on police while fleeing and eluding a traffic stop. :eye roll:

No one wants to comment about leaving the car in gear while exiting the passenger side? Or the spent casing recovered in the car laying beside the gun, magazine and ring? Or that Akron is still under a state of emergency? And commentary is about immediate removal of the mayor and council over all this by the protesting mobs that did do some minor rioting?

posted on Jul, 6 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Some interesting info, some of it in the comments..suicide by cop maybe?

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

the unedited footage is something to watch...

they executed this person, simple.

those cops decided the moment he fired a gun he was going to die.

why do people have a hard time believing that?

he put them at danger and they ended him.

play stupid games win stupid prizes

unless it is suicide by cop you would have to be INSANE to think if you shoot at the cops you are making it out of that situation unharmed let alone alive.

the cops fired WAY WAY WAY WAY to many shots, he was dead in the first 10 or at least compliantly incapacitated, you can see his limbs exploding from impacts early.

this was an execution of a person who dared to try and stand up against essentially endless men with one gun and a car.

not bright or suicidal

ugly situation caused by all involved and clear blood lust on show for the world, i don't think it would have mattered if the person was white, black, or green they were going to die that night.

Not totally true. This Black man walked into a NYPD police station and opened fire on them, SHOOTING one of the cops and just 12 hours earlier he shot 2 other cops that he ambushed sitting in their police car.

So yes it's very possible to shoot at the police, even inside a police station, even when you are black and live to tell the tale...

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 7-7-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The special grand jury selected by Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost has voted against indicting the eight Akron officers involved in the 2022 deadly shooting of Jayland Walker.

The officers shot and killed Walker, a 25-year-old Black man, on June 27, 2022 after an attempted traffic stop that led to a police chase.

During the announcement, officials confirmed 94 shots were taken at Walker during the incident.

I get the feeling we are in for a sequel to the "Summer of Love."

Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join