It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jayland Walker police shooting footage released.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

The city of Akron, Ohio, is on edge this Fourth of July, one week after the fatal police shooting of 25-year-old Jayland Walker.

Perfect time to incite some violence

A news conference by city officials Sunday, along with the release of 13 police body camera videos, has started to paint a fuller picture of the shooting, which police say happened when Walker, who is Black, fled an attempted traffic stop early June 27.

Who words a sentence like that ? When Walker " Who is Black " fled an attempted traffic stop early June 27 .

Walker was unarmed at the time he was killed, Akron Police Chief Stephen Mylett told reporters. A gun was found in Walker's vehicle after the shooting, police said, and officers said Walker fired a gun from his vehicle during the car chase.

They begin with " Walker was unarmed " , That is immediately negatively inflating the situation . The Police in the real time had ZERO idea that walker was unarmed all they knew was Walker fired a gun while he was fleeing the police

Eight police officers were "directly involved" in the shooting, Mylett said, and all have been placed on paid administrative leave pending the investigation, according to department protocol. According to information released by the city, seven of the eight officers are White and one is Black.

What is the relevance of "seven of the eight officers are White and one is Black." ? Why would a journalist find that pertinent to put into the article ?

A medical examiner's report found Walker suffered at least 60 wounds as a result of the gunfire, Mylett said Sunday, though the medical examiner is still working to determine which are entrance wounds and which are exit wounds. The BCI will determine exactly how many times Walker was shot, Mylett said. In the meantime, it remains unclear how many rounds were fired, though Mylett said he anticipates "that number will be high" based on the videos, in which dozens of gunshots are heard over seven seconds. "A lot of rounds were fired," Mylett said.

and that is sensationalism at it's finest , 60 wounds even though they can't determine what are entrance wounds and exit wounds which means they actually don't have a clue what they are talking about and are simply further inflating the situation to generate hate and violence.

What happened is horrible and I know his family is suffering , But Mr.Walker should not have been in a high speed chase , Mr.Walker should not have fired a weapon from the window , Mr walker should not have ran . Everything could have been avoided had this young man simply complied and him being killed has nothing to do with his skin color.

thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
But Mr.Walker should not have been in a high speed chase , Mr.Walker should not have fired a weapon from the window , Mr walker should not have ran . Everything could have been avoided had this young man simply complied and him being killed has nothing to do with his skin color.

all depending on how you disseminate the facts, you could whip a mob up into a riot with an event like this. Good thing we have journalistic integrity to fall back on.
edit on 4-7-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
... him being killed has nothing to do with his skin color.

And don't forget that when he did exit the vehicle he had a full ski-mask pulled over his head, which I would imagine would make it difficult to determine race.

Here is a link to the uncensored video angles released by the police. I won't embed it due to the graphic nature. You can see/hear the tasers deployed from a couple angles. You can also hear a cease fire being called, fairly readily, though in many angles it's completely inaudible.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here we go again. The timing is impeccable as always.
edit on 4-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well now.

Hmm.

Comparing this to the Jacob Blake situation:

[ ] criminal history, outstanding warrants the officers learned about in real time (not sure if this guy fits those criteria)
[x] armed with a weapon (pistol as opposed to a knife in Blake's case)
[x] disobey lawful orders from police
[x] resisting arrest

It'll be interesting to see if copious amounts of burning, looting and violence follow this incident.

I would bet that there is a minor disturbance, isolated protests, but nothing like Kenosha. The MSM will be constrained and brought to heel by their overlords, and the news cycle will be turned over before this goes critical mass.

You see, inciting protests and violence, say, during an Orange Man administration, is considered "mobilizing the base", and an expedient tool for putting those currently holding office on the defensive. Either they downplay and adopt laissez faire approach to unrest (i.e. soft, permissive of anti-social behavior) ~OR~, you play things like Orange Man, and talk tough, offer federal assistance to stabilize riots/unrest, and you're labeled an iron fisted authoritarian.

Now, inciting protests and violence, say, during a Brandon administration, would be filed under "rocking the boat". So, maybe there will be a few rogue journalists/producers/editors that pursue this story, but by and by, behind the scenes, they will be politely told to STFU and move on to the next news cycle "HEY! Look! A squirrel...."

This is the type of inconsistency that you can expect when "the Fourth Estate" is essentially the propaganda arm of one major political party.

The earliest we should expect these types of events being given the 2020 style news coverage would be, I'm guessing, shortly after November 2022, pending how certain things play out.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What happened:
Man in ski mask flees from attempted traffic stop, shoots at police, then takes off running on foot while refusing repeated commands before suddenly turning towards the police chasing him.
Media:
"Unarmed black man massacred by white police!"

What could have happened:
"Hi, the reason I'm pulling you over is because your tail light is broken. Do you have license, registration and insurance?"
"Oh, sorry about that. Here's my information. I'll get the tail light fixed as soon as I can."
"Have a nice day."
edit on 7/4/2022 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What we have here is another case of a poor, innocent young black man gunned down for no reason by homicidal, racist white police officers. He was probably on his way to church.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

the unedited footage is something to watch...

they executed this person, simple.

those cops decided the moment he fired a gun he was going to die.

why do people have a hard time believing that?

he put them at danger and they ended him.

play stupid games win stupid prizes

unless it is suicide by cop you would have to be INSANE to think if you shoot at the cops you are making it out of that situation unharmed let alone alive.

the cops fired WAY WAY WAY WAY to many shots, he was dead in the first 10 or at least compliantly incapacitated, you can see his limbs exploding from impacts early.

this was an execution of a person who dared to try and stand up against essentially endless men with one gun and a car.

not bright or suicidal

ugly situation caused by all involved and clear blood lust on show for the world, i don't think it would have mattered if the person was white, black, or green they were going to die that night.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mr walker got what he deserved. Grifters will latch onto any death.

edit on 4-7-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

And don't forget that when he did exit the vehicle he had a full ski-mask pulled over his head, which I would imagine would make it difficult to determine race.

not only that, other than military, some police units, what other kind of person wears a ski mask over their face during the summer while doing something.

it would be reasonable to believe that being shot at during a high speed chase, that that other kind of person wearing a ski mask pulled up over their face might still indeed have a weapon and might fire again.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's very hard to see but it sorta looks like at 4:05 he turns and makes a 'gun gesture'.

edit on 4-7-2022 by baggy7981 because: space

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: noscopebacon

the unedited footage is something to watch...

Is it now ? I pray you bring this footage forward so that we can all see it Yes ?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Don't Die, Comply

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The city of Akron, Ohio, is on edge this Fourth of July, one week after the fatal police shooting of 25-year-old Jayland Walker.

Why was the 25 year old wearing a Ski Mask and fleeing fast?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I stopped caring about these idiots getting themselves killed a long time ago. Do as your told, or risk serious consequences.

If you are told ON YOIR FACE get on your face or you will be put there

If you are told DO NOT MOVE you better not move or you will be chained and caged

If you are told HANDS UP it means right now not when you are ready: AT ONCE. I say hands up your arms better shoot up faster than anything I ever seen

Told to get out of the vehicle? Its not a suggestion. Youll do it now or you will be removed.

If you flee, you will be hunted, you will be caught, you will be chained, you will be dragged to jail kicking and screaming but you WILL be dragged nonetheless.

Your noncompliance is not our problem it is YOUR problem. Our officers WILL NOT put themselves in danger because some kid thinks they know the law. Do as you are told or else.

Glad no officers were hurt. Dont care about the stiff. One less criminal scum bag terrorizing actual people. One more thing, I care even less about his race or the race baiting. He didnt for being black. He died for being a low life dirtbag with nothing of value to offer the country. Good riddance. Now Im done.
edit on 7/5/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I dont disbelieve your statement at all. Only part I disagree with is the "fired too much" stuff what does that even mean?

Even 10 bullets doesnt instantly incapacitate. You can still potentially hurt or kill someone in the time it takes for true incapacitation. To achieve this most effectively, a shot to the CNS is required. Center of the brain is quickest/safest for officers/innocent people. This is very difficult under stress. So you are trained to continue mag dumping UNTIL the threat you initially reacted to has ended.

TBH, I think its the best outcome. Taxpayers would be footing the bill right now otherwise. Toughguys arent so tough and hard when they are put in real life. Look at the WNBA "life partner" type in Russia. All the tatoos, drugs and poor attitude didnt help her one bit. 10 years in Russian prison. Begging her hero Biden for help and he wont.

I always did know they were softer than a wet noodle.
edit on 7/5/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you shot at the cops during a chase your chances of surviving aren't good. Maybe get out of the car with hands up and drop to your knees if you want any chance of surviving. Of course, who cares. Another criminal gets what he deserved. I could care less whether he had a previous criminal record or not. His actions that got him killed say he was a criminal. Where's the outrage that a certain subsection of society acts like this?

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

i think over 60 wounds is enough

lets say they are all from one entrance and one exit per round

thats at most over 30 rounds that hit him

i think if your going to shoot someone you make one person the point man and he takes the subject on with cover.

remember this person was un armed at this point.

he no longer was a threat he was afraid and ran and they executed him for shooting at them.

everyone that shot that day decided he was going to die, they got to play judge, jury and executioner

just never a good look on both sides.

and if you shoot someone 10 times and you haven't gotten a CNS shot yet, that's the shooters fault.

he made the choice he was going to die with out realizing it when he shot at them, there are only so many ways that goes, he should have called 911 and said he would surrender somewhere public and well lit.

but he chose another path, the black hole got him the second he fired the gun.

just sad to see someone gunned down and scary to see cops do that to someone who made some very bad choices.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
While I'm not fond of shooting people running away in the back, and 60+ shots fired
..play stupid games, win stupid prizes! What more can you say..I don't feel sorry for him, particularly if it's confirmed he fired at the cops.

Dude was up to no good, I saw the footage of the chase, I remember hearing one of the cops say he fired out of the car. I didn't catch the shots being fired, I'm not saying he didn't though.

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

remember this person was un armed at this point.

he no longer was a threat he was afraid and ran and they executed him for shooting at them.

I tend to agree with you, on the amount of rounds flying around, but, the police had to assume he was still armed, and as such, a threat..they only knew he fired, they could not possibly know he left the gun.

This guy was the author of his own demise I'm afraid. Don't shoot at cops is my best advice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join