It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internalised homophobia, queer fascists and uncle toms.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: fastzombie

I wouldn't even think about LGBTQ people if they were just trying to have equal rights with the rest of us. What I don't like is how this is being forced on us who want no part in it and how they are trying to come off as special. I see nothing special about a person's sexuality, and I don't care about gender at all. Honestly, I will just quit talking with the person if they take offense if I accidently misgender them. 

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fastzombie

Isn't it a sign of being secure in your sexuality that you can accept criticism around and engage with it, not attack and shout it down?

Whoa watch it throwing around that Logic , you might hurt some feelings .

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
what, no pennies? why?

a reply to: AccessDenied

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
what, no pennies? why?

Phased out of our currency a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: fastzombie
Over the past few years I'm noticing this trend that to not be in total lock step on an aspect of LGBTQ discussion is to open yourself up to accusations of internalised homophobia and being a dupe for the far right. Groups such as the LGB Alliance - who broke away from Stonewall because they felt the LGB was being sidelined by the TQ - are labelled as hate groups. On a personal level I was hounded out of a discussion forum by a radical queer contingent who took exception to my having my own difference of opinion - often quite trivial at that. I've noticed a similar trend around racial issues and people from ethnic groups being labelled uncle toms etc. I'm just wondering how many intersectional boxes do you have to tick before you're allowed to challenge, be critical or disagree without character assassination in train. Or is that the whole point. No amount of boxes can justify it. I can't believe that many many within the gay community aren't alarmed by the radical path we seem to be going down and the way that the vocal minority has somehow come to dominate the field so much it gets to create the rules of discourse. Isn't it a sign of being secure in your sexuality that you can accept criticism around and engage with it, not attack and shout it down?

The radical path is whatever our fake news says is trending. They gay press turned it's back on the community years ago & spews nothing but propaganda and divisiveness these days. The drag queens who represent such a small percentage within the gay community were never our political leaders. Whey were trotted out or singled out by the mainstream press for photo ops knowing their shock value. Beyond that they mostly stuck to themselves socially. The trannies being trotted out for photo ops these days are more like scarecrows than political activists. They're being directed into classrooms by god knows who cuz it sure isn't the gay community...whoever seized our press might be the culprit. A lot of young people especially are buying into this personal pronoun crap and defending trans athletes participating alternate sporting venues etc. There's a small contingent who go with the flow but they're not the majority. The majority of gays I think have been shut out of the discussion and are just watching in horror same as everyone else with a lick of sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm live let live, have some family members who are gay..not the crazy demanding vocal kind.

I think they are pushing this crap too far, demanding this or that with the pronoun NONSENSE..that they can't even figure out themselves.
They don't want equal, they want above that, they want us to entertain their ideology, bow down, and I say ..no! I can be respectful, but I'm playing your games.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
what, no pennies? why?

I think it was just not worth the effort minting them, now we round up, or down..if paying cash. If by card, it's the proper amount deducted..It probably works out the same in the end.

We also did away with the dollar, and 2 dollar bills.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join