It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose Your Side– Satanists Claim They Are Entitled To Abortion As A Religious Rite

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It seems like it gets more black and white everyday. The veils are lifting. As I reviewed my social media last night, the most common theme was pure hatred for Christians, Conservatives, GOP, etc.

Now with this action I think the blurred lines will become even more clear who stands with God and who does not.

twitter.com...

"Choose your side – The Satanic Temple joined Democrats in their battle against the Supreme Court’s ruling on Roe v. Wade."

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Choose your side–
The Satanic Temple joined Democrats in their battle against the Supreme Court’s ruling on Roe v. Wade.

The Satanic Temple released a statement arguing they will fight in court for the right to “religious abortion.”

Satanists claim they're entitled to abortion as a religious rite

www.wnd.com...

"TST members should be permitted a religious exception to perform TST's religious abortion ritual," the organization stated.

"In states that continue to provide abortion services, we will take steps, including legal action, to ensure our members do not have to endure hindrances to access," the organization said in a statement.

And the Temple said it is researching the possibility of setting up its own "religious abortion facilities."

Satanic Temple to argue abortion is ritual in legal challenges

The Satanic Temple (TST) said its adherents should be permitted religious exceptions to perform religious abortion rituals in states that have put up barriers to the controversial procedure.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow!!! Hmmm …. This will be interesting as Religious right didn’t work for the military against getting the fake covid jab .

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What a novel approach.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Just as an aside, and let it be clear that I hold no love for the church of satan at all but: They are basically an agit/prop group since their foundation. They don't believe in satan at all, they just want to rid the world of all religions and all religious legislation, thought and deed.

Every time something of moment happens regarding religion in the US the group will be there to either agree or disagree.

Blame the satanic panic for giving groups like these such public recognition.

They are funny, like the people's front of Judea, or was that the popular front...or the front fo...

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The Satanic Temple released a statement arguing they will fight in court for the right to “religious abortion.”

Where was the Satanic Temple when members of the Satanic Temple
were being born?

Don't these morons understand that abortion has never
been nor could ever be a right?

Lollipops
edit on 25-6-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Killing babies is in the Bible bro.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You do know it is called the Satanic Temple just to troll Christians? They do not believe there are any kinds of supernatural beings, such as Satan, God, demons, or angels. A member of the Satanic Temple basically worships themselves. 

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So prior to the reversal, the satanists we're using abortion as a cover to ritualistically sacrifice children.

The reversal has put a dent in their "plans" and so opening their own satanic facilities, with satanic doctors and staff most likely, and I'm sure the procedure rooms will be converted to some type of alter and candle thing to facilitate the ritual, er... procedure.

Sick fk's.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Don't confuse the Church of Satan with the Satanic Temple. The Satanic Temple bases their beliefs on science and individual freedoms and is often in the news. The Church of Satan is pretty much just atheists. This is about the Satanic Temple.

FUNDAMENTAL TENETS

I
One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

II
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

III
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

IV
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.

V
Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.

VI
People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

VII
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Abortion is a topic of interest to the Satanic Temple as evidenced by their own Tenets.

Neither her nor there, but they are two distinct groups, that I don't think care for each other.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Randyvine2

Killing babies is in the Bible bro.

Yep the elite were cooking them in the belly of a metal calf
in those days. Sacrificial rite to Moloch. Why do you think
abortion means so much to the Dems even today?
edit on 25-6-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

You're out in the left field. The Satanic Temple has nothing whatsoever to do with Satanism or Satanic rituals from the movies. It's not even a religion, it's a belief system and a political group. Satanists do not belong to the Satanic Temple.

The whole idea of the Satanic Temple, love them or hate them, is to draw attention to what they consider to be absurd. They don't even believe there is a Satan. You've conflated two unrelated things.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

What's the matter, you don't like the Constitution?

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You and your source should actually research the topic you're writing about.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Don't confuse the Church of Satan with the Satanic Temple. The Satanic Temple bases their beliefs on science and individual freedoms and is often in the news. The Church of Satan is pretty much just atheists. This is about the Satanic Temple.

FUNDAMENTAL TENETS

I
One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

II
The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

III
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

IV
The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.

V
Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.

VI
People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

VII
Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

Abortion is a topic of interest to the Satanic Temple as evidenced by their own Tenets.

Neither her nor there, but they are two distinct groups, that I don't think care for each other.

Thanks and yes, I confused the church of satan of Anton La Vey fame with the satanic temple. Having said that, my mistake was in the name and not in the goals, as I believe the satanic temple has used any method available to belittle and oppose religious doctrine, method, law and belief.

I am agnostic personally and never really like the whole "organised religion" thing.

But the story is still an agitation/propaganda ploy.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Don't confuse the Church of Satan with the Satanic Temple.

Who could possibly confuse the two?

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

You do know it is called the Satanic Temple just to troll Christians? They do not believe there are any kinds of supernatural beings, such as Satan, God, demons, or angels. A member of the Satanic Temple basically worships themselves. 

OK

They don't really worship Satan, they just adhere to the same principles and practices?

Definition: Satanism is a religion that worships Satan and/or follows the teaching that he represents.

Indulgence, Not Abstinence - Nothing is to be gained by denying oneself pleasure.

Celebrating the So-Called Sins - Satan champions the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental or emotional gratification. In general, the concept of “sin” is something that breaks a moral or religious law, and Satanism is strictly against such following of dogma. When a Satanist avoids an action, it is because of concrete reasoning, not simply because dogma dictates it or someone has judged it “bad."

In addition, when a Satanist realizes that he or she has committed an actual wrong, the correct response is to accept it, learn from it and avoid doing it again--not to mentally beat yourself up for it or beg for forgiveness.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

a reply to: jonjonj

Yea, they're pretty much a satire "religion" like the church of the flying spaghetti monster. They're aim is to come off as repulsive because their view is any religion forcing their own views through law is equally as repulsive to those who don't subscribe to them.
edit on 25-6-2022 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2022 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
In addition, when a Satanist realizes that he or she has committed an actual wrong, the correct response is to accept it, learn from it and avoid doing it again--not to mentally beat yourself up for it or beg for forgiveness.

I prefer the hardcore Christian method of self-flagellation.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I view it the same as any other political activist group. I don't agree with them, but still, they are not cutting people's hearts out in satanic rituals or anything. The Satanic Temple thing is to garner attention I think. Nothing at all to do with God, Satan, or anything other than political views IMO.

I think they like it when people wrongly confuse them with real satanic stuff. It gets them what they really want, which is attention IMO. These folks are exhibitionists like pretty much everyone on the streets protesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It works. They get the attention they want.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join