It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeypox to be renamed - WHO emergency!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
For real? WHO is getting pretty sensitive with names. Suck it up, monkeypox has been around for long time, nothing wrong with that name. Monkeypox is specifically for this disease name ffs

Apepox

Ape22

Transpox

Puspox

Gaypox

🥊🥊

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Ape ailment?

Marsupial malaise?

Primate precondition?

W.H.O. W.H.O. HA! HAA!

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So "Monkeypox" is offensive.

I'm just wondering, was it an organization or union of monkeys who complained?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I bet, chained to a typewriter, accidentally typing out Shakespeare.

Billions of unpaid monkeys.
edit on 17-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They should renamed it to Shingles or Herpes Zoster! I know 8 people under 45 that got Shingles after their booster shot. I have to mention that they also got Covid.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Imo, i think this is part of the reason they want to change the name.
Remember Event 201, where they did a "simulation" on a corona virus and how they would handle it? Then a month later covid hit?
Well, they did another table top exercise in March 2021.

"SUMMARY
In March 2021, NTI partnered with the Munich Security Conference to
conduct a tabletop exercise on reducing high-consequence biological threats.
The exercise examined gaps in national and international biosecurity and
pandemic preparedness architectures—exploring opportunities to improve
prevention and response capabilities for high-consequence biological
events. This report summarizes the exercise scenario, key findings from
the discussion, and actionable recommendations for the international
community"
"NTI recognizes the critical importance of strengthening the global biosecurity and pandemic preparedness
architecture. To that end, NTI is focused on catalyzing the development of stronger international biosecurity
and pandemic preparedness capabilities so the world is better able to prevent and respond to future biological
risks. To address important gaps in key areas, NTI is working with international partners:
• To establish a new global biosecurity entity dedicated to reducing emerging biological risks that
can accompany certain technology advances. Its mission will be to reduce the risks of catastrophic
consequences due to accidents, inadvertent misuse, or deliberate abuse of bioscience and
biotechnology by promoting stronger global biosecurity norms and developing tools and incentives
to uphold them.
• To explore the possibility of establishing a new Joint Assessment Mechanism to investigate highconsequence biological events of unknown origin. This new mechanism would operate at the
“seam” between existing mechanisms—including World Health Organization (WHO) outbreak
investigation capabilities and the United Nations Secretary-General’s Mechanism for investigating
alleged deliberate bioweapons use—thereby strengthening UN system capabilities to investigate
pandemic origins.
• To advocate for establishing a catalytic, multilateral financing mechanism for global health security
and pandemic preparedness. The goal is to accelerate sustainable biosecurity and pandemic
preparedness capacity-building in countries where resources are most needed"

"The exercise scenario portrayed a deadly, global pandemic involving an unusual strain of monkeypox virus
that emerged in the fictional nation of Brinia and spread globally over 18 months. Ultimately, the exercise
scenario revealed that the initial outbreak was caused by a terrorist attack using a pathogen engineered
in a laboratory with inadequate biosafety and biosecurity provisions and weak oversight. By the end of
the exercise, the fictional pandemic resulted in more than three billion cases and 270 million fatalities
worldwide"

Scroll to page 12 for timeline. Ironically the first cases would appear in May 2022. With an end date of Dec 2023.

www.nti.org...

I think this is why they are changing the name, as a lot of people have probably seen this.

Keep on rockin!

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Roxstar

So, you believe that they think they can cover up the "exercises" by changing the name from "Monkypox" to something else? If so, it would seem they are under the impression that they can do what ever they want out in the open without any fear of consequences. It's just an afterthought and only becomes a consideration after they have gotten some project underway and they feel they have to backtrack a little to keep the public from putting it together.

If that is the case, the true problem is revealing itself and the solution is obvious to any patriot.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Although I just got home and may have missed some major announcement, there seems to be no change in terminology in the SA mainstream media since I posted the thread on Thursday.

I can imagine a bunch of woke ideologues feverishly arguing about a non-offensive term, and not coming to any conclusion that satisfies everyone.
What also irks me is that some articles capitalize "Monkeypox" and some don't, but I figured let's cross that bridge when they have the new name.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It finally happened: first known monkeypox case in South Africa.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sigh, and still no anticipated new name.

I think it's a bit too late now without being farcical.
Everyone's run with it, although I feel in that case it should be capitalized.
I motivate this because we're clearly not heading towards the duel "coronavirus" vs. "Covid-19" terminologies.
It seems, this will be the English proper name.
Not that English is ever standardized, just my opinion.
But hey, according to my spell-checker "money-pox" should still be hyphenated.
edit on 23-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

New name will be "Simian Fever"

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Meanwhile, thousands of monkeys probably feel misrepresented, and I don't blame them.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
July 2, 2022

"GAY and BISEXUAL"

Does that mean a man can pass it to a woman, after he's contracted it from another man?

Source: www.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
When the world didn't move fast enough on GRID, homosexuals started donating blood in droves to infect the rest of the population. That is how we got the name AIDS.

This Guy is angry the CDC is not moving fast enough. Will they be doing the same thing if they are not coddled and taken care of based on their timeline for a "cure" or "vax"?

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Breaking 7-23-2022

The World Health Organization has just declared MonkeyPox a GLOBAL HEALTH EMERGENCY!

Source: www.foxnews.com...

originally posted by: halfoldman
The powers that be have decided that the "monkeypox" is about to be renamed.

Monkeypox will get a new name, the World Health Organization said, after a group of researchers advocated for a “nondiscriminatory and non-stigmatizing nomenclature.”

Monkeypox will get a new name, the World Health Organization said, after a group of researchers advocated for a “nondiscriminatory and non-stigmatizing nomenclature.” A recent international outbreak of the rare but potentially serious viral illness, which has been historically endemic to central and West Africa, has had no connection to those regions, and calling it monkeypox unfairly associates the transmission with the continent, according to 29 biologists and other scientists who wrote a June 10 post on the online forum Virological. WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus confirmed at a briefing Tuesday that the agency would announce “the new names as soon as possible.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

OK, funny, Greg Gutfeld: Monkeypox.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
THIS IS HOW IT STARTED IN 2020.

The top Liberal Satan-owned Media Outlets pushes the "National Emergency" mantra.

MonkeyPox is "10 out of 10" on the Concern meter!:

A) www.washingtonpost.com...

B) www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join