It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush "2112" (Live June 30 1997)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For anyone who at least likes 2112 here's 21 minutes you will not regret spending , 2112 recorded live .... somewhere , great performance , earthy drum sound.

Happy Friday.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Nice! This is going in my queue. A legendary album.

I went to see Rush in my youth and couldn't even get in the door. Should have bought my tickets in advance, but I didn't.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ahh one of my favorites.

R.I.P. Neal Peart

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to see Rush live once. They put on a great show. One of those bands that sounds as good live as they do on an album.

2112 is almost scary prophetic ... actually, a lot of their early stuff is.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The vid you posted was filmed in Toronto.

Rush Test for Echo tour

I was lucky enough to see them on this tour about two weeks before this was recorded in Milwaukee. It was billed as "An Evening with Rush" no opening act, just Rush. They played the entire first side of 2112.
Was an awesome show.
edit on 20-5-2022 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I saw them at Birmingham NEC in 1992 on the Roll The Bones Tour.

I went alone. I was supposed to be going with the other members of the band I was in, but they all pulled out one by one as the date approached, leaving me high and dry. Tsk, always the way, isn't it?

I wonder what Lifeson and Lee are doing now? Must be going scatty with boredom.

Constantly on the road then...zip.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Can't speak for Geddy but last I heard he was enjoying holidays with his family and writing a book but Alex has a new band called Envy Of None , they recently released their first album.

Alex Lifeson is no stranger to the concept of evolution. As a founding member of Rush, he’s been able to explore more musical ground than just about any other guitar player out there – taking rock to new progressive heights throughout the decades and always in the most wildly inventive of ways. His influence can be heard on countless bands around the world, from indie shoegaze and math rock to heavy metal and beyond. Over the last few years Lifeson has been focusing on a new project that, no matter how well-acquainted you are with his discography, will undoubtedly shatter all seeds of expectation and blow the mind. That project is Envy Of None.

edit on 21-5-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join