It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beautiful Morning Ruined

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   
To paint the picture for you...

We have a good friend of the coffee shop who thinks we should have our coffee shop open on Friday and Saturday nights until the bars close. To sell lite fair....Hamburg, hot dogs, etc. So we stayed open until midnight last night. It wasn't a bust. In a couple of weeks, it might actually be profitable. I got to bed at 1am. Back up at 630 this morning to open in time for the West Ham United fixture at 9am.

No big deal, I will go from the shop to a gig a couple times a week, I am used to little sleep.

I get up today and get ready. The shop is only a few blocks from home. It is 68f outside, partly cloudy and breezy. In all, a beautiful morning.

I throw in my ear buds, put on some good reggae...Black Uhuru. I am in a nice chill mode.

I get to the shop and go to open the door to go in.

"Hey, how much are your coffees?" One of our local homeless addicts asks. I tell him our prices.

" You white piece of s. I bet you don't sell it that much to your white customers. You need to grow up and stop being a racist ah."

I am stunned. I have actually given this guy a few free cups on cold mornings.

He picks up one of our outside chairs and throws it at our plate glass windows. For whatever reasons, the chair bounced off the glass. That is when the passing cop slammed on his brakes. This guy hightails it. The cop has gone after him.

It boggles my mind the divide we find ourselves in now. If he had given me a bs story asking for coffee, I would have given him one. To call me a racist?

I am afraid the '68 Charger we call America has driven off the cliff and there is no way to stop the impending destruction.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sorry for your experience. Druggie, mentally ill or half a dozen other excuses but I hate stuff like that happening to anyone.
edit on 727thk22 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Sorry for your experience. Druggie, mentally ill or half a dozen other excuses but I hate stuff like that happening to anyone.

Excuses is right. Stop trying to let that POS off the hook for unhinged behavior.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
And this is the problem with the national race obsession. It makes racists out of people who wouldn't already be by focusing them on race in everything.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy
What a crummy way to start your day!
The 'victim mentality' is sure being heavily promoted in America, from the top down. It's even being taught to elementary and pre-school students.
When people are convinced they have no chance at a decent life because everybody else sees them as 'less than', it becomes easy to just give up and become completely self-absorbed; do what you want, take what you want, have no empathy for anyone else in the human race because of the brainwashing that makes you feel like an outsider.

Society is lead purposely, to enact future agendas. The direction we're being led isn't to more equality and personal freedom, as it's being sold.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You’re white and have a job. Check your privilege. Also you can’t listen to reggae. Cultural appropriation and all.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

This is pretty true.

Condition the ones who don't have to think they would if only others didn't exist, others who do have, and sooner or later, they will take.

The game seems to be that you make the have nots ignorant and intemperate, people who cannot rule themselves. Then when they finally break, you put them down, finally and harshly, except for the few you will need to put into bondage to perform your brute labor. As they have been made perfect brutes and ignorant, they will have no mental machinery to formulate rebellion, and they've neatly taken care of those who could have rebelled against you.

Meanwhile, you carefully cultivate the more skilled ones you will need to be part of your hierarchy as a bureaucrat class. They're already tame and yours. You shield them when the time comes.

It all seems like a bad recreation of The Hunger Game. The bureaucrats are mostly lower Capitol and District 1 and 2. The brutes are in the other districts.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I have a similar tale to tell.

About 15 years ago, I was doing some shopping with my kept woman at Union Square in San Francisco. As we were leaving and crossing the street, I identified the street urchin who would receive my obligatory charity for the day and handed her a Benjamin. A male African-American street urchin ran up to me and started calling me a racist for giving her money instead of him that day. He pursued me for a couple of blocks while aggressively complaining that I didn't give him any money. I had given him money many times in the past. To be honest, I didn't even see him when I gave the other urchin the dough. And if there was any -ism involved, it was much more likely to be sexism than racism. I remember specifically choosing to give the money to the woman just because she was a woman. Needless to say, that was the last time I walked through the streets of San Francisco, instead choosing to have a driver drop me off directly at my destination and return to pick me up.
edit on 15 5 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Could have been much worse , window could have been busted when the scumbum threw the chair.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Meanwhile, you carefully cultivate the more skilled ones you will need to be part of your hierarchy as a bureaucrat class. They're already tame and yours. You shield them when the time comes.

Klause Schwab of the WEF is doing that through his Young Global Leaders program. They're being trained to take over all aspects of society, and the scary part is these people will have an unlimited war chest when running for positions of power.
The vast majority of the time, the politician with the most money to spend on campaigning will win the election, making it nearly impossible for any decent person to ever win an election.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Sorry about your morning.

Lol @ the irony of cop on bike witnessing this jerk 🤣

Sadly, it’s only going to get worse. I’ve always said, the druggies are gonna lose it, anything going up in price affecting their drug use is going to be bad for us all.

I am so glad I’m not dependent on anything. I’ve seen it here in Boston suburbs too! The druggies get very angry, verbally screaming and basically taking their anger out on everyone else!

Bad times ahead for those idiots!

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's more than just a race obsession.

I've share here before that I spent about 25 years living outside of the US. When we returned in the mid-double-aughts, the first thing I noticed was that the concept of personal boundaries had all but disappeared from the culture.

It's only gotten worse.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
It's more than just a race obsession.

I've share here before that I spent about 25 years living outside of the US. When we returned in the mid-double-aughts, the first thing I noticed was that the concept of personal boundaries had all but disappeared from the culture.

It's only gotten worse.

Personal boundaries don't matter online so why should they matter in public or anywhere for that matter to some people. It is truly getting crazy.
edit on 15-5-2022 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Why'd you let that a-hole ruin your morning?

He has some issues, obviously, whatever is going on with him. Don't let it affect your own energy or ruin your day.

Shrug that MF off and carry on.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

A few points..

- Since when should you expect HOMELESS people to be rational? They're in all kinds of drugs, they don't know what or where they are, they'll do or say anything at any given moment, expect them to be irrational

- Coffee is basically poisonous stimulant to the body, you shouldn't be giving it to anyone

- If you are rich enough to own a business, you should count your blessings, this is a minor incident considering what could be happening

- Sounds to me that your expectations didn't match reality, and THAT incongruence caused what people call 'butt to hurt'. I can understand that, but much worse things happen in life, people on this planet are toxic psychos with no compassion, but plenty of judgment and hatred to balance it out.

- Justice was done; peace enforcer started chasing the criminal, what more do you want? If the cop had been on the psycho's side, I would be with you, but sounds to me the cop WAS doing his / her job, so .. instant karma in real life? That sounds like a sweet sight to me to be able to witness, you're lucky.

Not to diminish your experience or rant, just offering a bit of perspective and point out a few things. When I think of the 100 000 people that starve to death every day, it kind of takes me back from being able to be too compassionate about first-world problems.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina
I think we generally hope that when we are kind to others, they will appreciate it. In the case of the homeless, their destitution probably takes over their ethical behavior, but also many are into drugs, and cannot be counted on to behave according to societal norms.
The cultural Marxists of today have changed societal norms, and for a reason. It’s to break down society and make it ripe for communist takeover. Yuri Besmenov explained it quite well in the 80’s. For those who don’t know, he was a Russian ex-KGB dissident.
So should we stop being Good Samaritans? I would say no, but with a grain of salt for the individual situation. My Shifu once told us that no one had a right to just come up to you on the street and ask things of you even the time, and you should always be on guard. That is from the perspective of a street-smart teacher of Shaolin Kung Fu 5 Animal Style martial arts.
Theatre boy wants to be a Good Samaritan but gets burned by it, and comments about it on a message board, because whatever happened to decent moral conduct ?
Let us also not forget to entertain angels unawares, but the great Master Jesus admonished is to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

new topics

top topics

join