It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rust set footage further indication Alec Baldwin is lying about shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I grew up with guns. I get all the "gun people".

But not everyone is gun familiar. Or gun knowledgeable.

What if it was Sandra Bullock, who is very liberal, and probably not gun familiar?

Does the responsibility still fall on her, when you have hired professionals that are "supposed" to do their job?

And trust me, I am not defending Baldwin. My kid worked in production for 20 years, the Baldwins are assholes.

Everyone knows guns are dangerous. It's common knowledge. No one could reasonably argue in a court of law that they thought it was safe to handle a deadly weapon just because someone else assured them it was safe. If anything this would apply even more to liberals who think common people should have to have a ton of training before they're even allowed to buy one.

If they really believe that, why wouldn't they believe that they themselves shouldn't have to have at least basic firearms training before handling one? And if she had such training, she would know that even if someone else assures her it's safe, she has the responsibility to verify it. It doesn't even take any specialized skills. You could be taught how to do it in 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No such thing as an accidental discharge, only a negligent discharge.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Does the responsibility still fall on her

Yes. You point the gun ... someone dies ... it's your fault.

Rule #2. Never aim a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Seriously. Who cares?!? You people are obsessed. It’s unhealthy.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Says someone who is pro-gun and familiar with guns.

Not everyone is. That's why they have hired professionals on set.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

He had a gun pointed it and now a woman is dead at best it is manslaughter and worst murder.

Either way Baldwin had a gun fired it and a woman died the law is clear whether or not he knew it was loaded is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Backagain

The Director handed Baldwin the gun, and yelled it was "cold". The Director is the the one who called it safe. So how exactly is Baldwin the guilty one? Also the prop master loaded the gun, yet it is all Alec Baldwin's fault.

Great! Someone else who thinks Alec Baldwin is above the law.

TheRedneck

I didn't say he was above the law. The prop master who is in charge of the prop guns, and loaded the gun with live amo, and the producer that handed him the gun and told Alec, it was "cold" as well as announcing the gun was "cold", on set. IMHO, they failed, to do their jobs.

The best way to decide this, is trial by jury. Let a prosecutor lay out the facts, and let a jury decide. This is America, innocent until proven guilty, or does that not apply here, in your eyes?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UsedtoTieKnots

Yes, who cares that we have a two-tiered justice system.

The brainwashing worked extra well on this one. Thrilled to have overlords who can get away with manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

He had a gun pointed it and now a woman is dead at best it is manslaughter and worst murder.

Either way Baldwin had a gun fired it and a woman died the law is clear whether or not he knew it was loaded is irrelevant.

Do they have a felony murder law there? Without that, I don't see how it can be murder, unless there was some motive we're not aware of.

I think manslaughter is the most you could say. Let's not go hyperbolic like the anti-cop nutjobs who call every felon who tries to wrestle with a cop and gets shot a murder victim.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The brainwashing worked extra well on this one. Thrilled to have overlords who can get away with manslaughter.
It’s ok. I get it. You’re obsessed.

This was an accident. On a co trolled set. Not a murder.

The same people who justify gun violence based on rights are the same of you here trying to condemn an accident.

The partisan obsession here is disgustingly apparent.

I don’t like Baldwin. The way he treated his kid is appalling. But stop pretending you care about anything other than the fact that he is a liberal.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain

The Director handed Baldwin the gun, and yelled it was "cold". The Director is the the one who called it safe. So how exactly is Baldwin the guilty one? Also the prop master loaded the gun, yet it is all Alec Baldwin's fault.

TheRedneck

I didn't say he was above the law. The prop master who is in charge of the prop guns, and loaded the gun with live amo, and the producer that handed him the gun and told Alec, it was "cold" as well as announcing the gun was "cold", on set. IMHO, they failed, to do their jobs.

The best way to decide this, is trial by jury. Let a prosecutor lay out the facts, and let a jury decide. This is America, innocent until proven guilty, or does that not apply here, in your eyes?

Someone else failing to do their job does not relieve you of the responsibility to do yours. That's why I said they should all be charged. They are all responsible.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

TheRedneck

First rule always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction.

Number 2 and more importantly always treat every firearm as if it's loaded...DO NOT TAKE ANYONE WORD THAT THE FIREARM IS UNLOADED ALWAYS CHEXK FOR YOURSELF.

Once you have a firearm in your hand anything that happens is directly your fault as you are the one in possession. End of story the law is the law now we get to see if it gets applied equally.

If you came to my house and I handed you a pistol and told you it wasn't loaded would you believe me? Or would you still check and see? Would you aim it at the camera lady and pull the trigger without checking it first?

As I said before at the very least it was negligence that resulted in death aka manslaughter.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
IMO the blame doesn't fall on just one person. Baldwin as the last person with the firearm should have done his best to confirm if it was "cold".

I'm not 100% up to date on protocol for how firearms are handled on movie sets, that being said it seems to me the blame should fall on the company that hired the person who loaded the fire arm with a real bullet unless that persons intent was to make sure Baldwin killed her.

I can see why this investigation could take a while, a lot of angles to look at. They have to figure out if this was negligence or murder. And if it was murder, who wanted her dead? Baldwin? The director? The guy who loaded the pistol? Some rando who snuck on set and compromised the pistol?

In real life complex situations like this can not be solved in 45 minutes, blood tests, witness interviews, fingerprint comparisons, scouring through video video surveillance, footage for the film, warrants for private data and locations. All of that takes months if not years.

A quick google search after typing the above has the director allegedly admitting he didn't check the pistol before giving it Baldwin, he was supposed to. What happens on set is his responsibility.

Halls admitted that he didn’t fully check the gun before handing it to Baldwin, according to a search warrant. He said that he should have checked all of the gun’s chambers, but didn’t. He also couldn’t remember whether the gun’s barrel was spun to check if other chambers had a round in them. Dummy rounds are normally visually differentiated from live rounds via a small hole or indent, as well as making a signature rattling indicating there’s a BB rather than gunpowder inside the round, according to the L.A. Times.

Link to article on LAist

My closing thoughts, if they don't know how to safely film a movie with real firearms in it they should use fake ones or not shoot the film. That same article points to an understaffed crew that had many issues outside of just firearm safety.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Do they have a felony murder law there? Without that, I don't see how it can be murder, unless there was some motive we're not aware of.

I think manslaughter is the most you could say. Let's not go hyperbolic like the anti-cop nutjobs who call every felon who tries to wrestle with a cop and gets shot a murder victim.

After watching the clip of Baldwin when it happened the look he is giving the camera is kinda sinister.

He looks closes his eyes looks again eerily then closes and opens draws fires. Could be he hated her and knew it was loaded.
Conspiracy site and all.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Everyone lies when they think they are in trouble. He may or may not be to blame, I don't have a dog in this fight really. Ultimately though, almost everyone lies to the cops first time around.

a reply to: face23785

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

TheRedneck

Number 2 and more importantly always treat every firearm as if it's loaded...DO NOT TAKE ANYONE WORD THAT THE FIREARM IS UNLOADED ALWAYS CHEXK FOR YOURSELF.

Once you have a firearm in your hand anything that happens is directly your fault as you are the one in possession. End of story the law is the law now we get to see if it gets applied equally.

If you came to my house and I handed you a pistol and told you it wasn't loaded would you believe me? Or would you still check and see? Would you aim it at the camera lady and pull the trigger without checking it first?

As I said before at the very least it was negligence that resulted in death aka manslaughter.

you have clearly NEVER been on a movie set. I’m both a certified carrier and an actor. As an actor, I personally check every weapon that I am handed. But the truth is, after passing through half a dozen safety checks, an actor should NEVER have to worry about a firearm.

Yes, those of us with common sense, check. But it is supposed to be done LONG before we ever touch it.

This is also why actors sign liability wavers, fyi.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeviantMortal
Everyone lies when they think they are in trouble. He may or may not be to blame, I don't have a dog in this fight really. Ultimately though, almost everyone lies to the cops first time around.

a reply to: face23785

At the very least, they omit facts. This is proven 90% of the time.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It’s ok. I get it. You’re obsessed.

This was an accident. On a co trolled set. Not a murder.

I don’t like Baldwin. The way he treated his kid is appalling. But stop pretending you care about anything other than the fact that he is a liberal.

I literally just told someone it wasn't murder. And accident doesn't always necessarily mean free of legal culpability.

The same people who justify gun violence based on rights are the same of you here trying to condemn an accident.

The partisan obsession here is disgustingly apparent.

Yeah you sound like someone whose only knowledge of 2A advocates comes from Moms Demand press releases. Most 2A people abhor negligent accidents. I myself have called for negligent parents whose children were hurt or killed by an unsecured gun to face charges, on this board.

The only partisan obsession here is with people trying to make excuses for the man because of who he is. For the record, I haven't the faintest clue of the politics of the other producers or the director, and I've been saying they should be charged as well.

You're completely off-base in every single part of this post. You made a ton of incorrect assumptions, not that I expect you to just be an adult, admit you got some things, wrong, and move on to healthy discussion.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

TheRedneck

you have clearly NEVER been on a movie set. I’m both a certified carrier and an actor. As an actor, I personally check every weapon that I am handed. But the truth is, after passing through half a dozen safety checks, an actor should NEVER have to worry about a firearm.

Yes, those of us with common sense, check. But it is supposed to be done LONG before we ever touch it.

This is also why actors sign liability wavers, fyi.

Well none of that was done and now a woman is dead so who's actual fault is it the people not holding the gun or the person who was holding the gun?

I say it is always the person holding the gun when it is fired.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

After watching the clip of Baldwin when it happened the look he is giving the camera is kinda sinister.

He looks closes his eyes looks again eerily then closes and opens draws fires. Could be he hated her and knew it was loaded.
Conspiracy site and all.

He's literally on the set of a movie. It doesn't occur to you that that's just him being in character?

It's a conspiracy site, but we shouldn't just make things up out of thin air. Especially when there's a readily identifiable and perfectly logical alternative explanation staring you in the face.

edit on 27 4 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join