It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rust set footage further indication Alec Baldwin is lying about shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
New video has been released which appears to show Baldwin practicing a shot on the same day as the shooting that led to the death of Halyna Hutchens.

The video shows him drawing his revolver and pointing it in the direction of the camera. In the first link above, you can see him draw on two separate instances.

This page has a more zoomed in shot on the 5th frame of what's basically a slideshow. I think the shot there is from the above video.

Either way all 3 times we see Baldwin draw the gun, there is one very important detail: his finger is on the trigger.

Baldwin claimed that when he shot Hutchins, his finger was not on the trigger and the gun just "went off." Of course anyone with any experience with guns knows guns don't just "go off." And Baldwin, with all his experience with them, is certainly well aware of that. He is lying.

To me, this new footage is further indication that he is lying. Now his defenders might say that this doesn't prove that he had his finger on the trigger in the instance he actually shot Hutchens. Without footage of the actual shooting, no this isn't 100% proof.

But in addition to knowing that guns don't just magically "go off" on their own, we also know that you wouldn't rehearse the shot with your finger off the trigger because that would completely change the draw. You have to rehearse precisely what you will be doing when the cameras are rolling.

Baldwin is lying. And if he's innocent, why is he lying?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In all honesty....I believe he probably was not completely sober at the time and it happened so fast he doesn't remember.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well for starters it's a revolver. I'm saying this because I was once asked in court if I knew the difference when I had a gun held to my belly.
Then I remember many threads and AB himself saying that this was a triggerless revolver, and had to be fired by using the hammer, which he claimed wasn't pulled and it accidentally went off when he did pull it.

So that's already a load of old cobblers. Yes he has his finger on the trigger and is pointing the revolver. Not checking if it's loaded. In the end, it is the user of a gun who is responsible for the safety, the reason being that you can't always believe others and the stakes are too high.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
In the end, it is the user of a gun who is responsible

Guns don't go off by themselves.

Baldwin killed her. Why hasn't he been charged?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Hecate666
In the end, it is the user of a gun who is responsible

Guns don't go off by themselves.

Baldwin killed her. Why hasn't he been charged?

Honestly, the fact that the investigation is still ongoing at this point is a bad sign.

The fix is in, they're going to let him go. They're just dragging this out so no one can say they quickly let him off the hook. They can say they turned over every stone and there was no reason to charge him.

I don't think it's just him that should be charged. From what we've learned, the entire production was unprofessional and unsafe. If they somehow find wiggle room to avoid charging him as the person who fired the gun, he should be charged as the producer who allowed an unsafe atmosphere on set with substandard safety practices.

It's not like he can use the excuse that he was just some big-wig sitting in an office back at the studio unaware of what was going on on set. All the producers, the director (yes, I know he was shot. Doesn't matter, he was part of the negligence here), the armorer, should all be criminally charged in my opinion. And it seems like a slam dunk civil case.
edit on 27 4 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Partially pulling the hammer back before the half cock click, can cause a fire if the spring had enough joules..

Without touching the trigger.. especially in cowboy colt types.
edit on 27 4 2022 by LastFirst because: Clarify point x2

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
The Director handed Baldwin the gun, and yelled it was "cold". The Director is the the one who called it safe. So how exactly is Baldwin the guilty one? Also the prop master loaded the gun, yet it is all Alec Baldwin's fault.

Baldwin didn't load it. The Director handed it to him, the Director yelled it was cold, =Alec Baldwin is guilty? Whoever loaded it with a live round, and the Director who cleared it are guilty.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 27-4-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Good, at least the interest in the case hasn't died. I was about to just throw my hands up and declare that there is zero justice in the United States.

We know the following already:
  • Alec Baldwin was holding the gun when it fired the fatal shot.
  • Alec Baldwin admitted not checking the gun's status.
  • Alec Baldwin was a producer on the set, not just an actor.
  • A live, spent round was found in the gun instead of the expected blanks.

For anyone else, that would be plenty sufficient to charge, try, and convict Alec Baldwin of manslaughter. Anyone else. But so far, I have heard so many excuses made for him, like:
  • He didn't know the gun was loaded.
  • He's too important to check the gun for himself.
  • He didn't intend to kill anyone.
  • The gun could have malfunctioned.

Most of those excuses are complete and utter BS. Here's what the retort to the first three, in respective order, would be if anyone else tried to use those as a defense:
  • Not personally checking the gun's status each time it is handled is a direct violation of the most basic of firearm safety rules and in itself indicates a lack of the most basic concern for forearm safety.
  • No one is above the law.
  • Intent is not a requirement for manslaughter. Manslaughter is the reckless or wanton act of killing another person, not an intentional act. Intentionally killing another person is second-degree murder (spur of the moment passionate act) or first-degree murder (planned and executed series of actions).

Now we have evidence that the last excuse was also incorrect. Not only does Baldwin have his finger on the trigger, but he fans the hammer with his thumb. One cannot fan the hammer without the trigger engaged; the very purpose of the trigger is to hold the hammer back. Had he fanned the hammer without pulling on the trigger, the hammer would have locked into place. It did not do so.

People also need to understand what is required to move one's trigger finger into the trigger guard. That guard is there for a purpose: to prevent the trigger from being pulled accidentally. Moving one's finger from outside the trigger guard to on the trigger inside the trigger guard requires the finger be pulled back quite far and then allowed inside the guard. When I am expecting to fire a weapon, my position is it pointing up beside my head, with my finger on the trigger and the hammer back. That way I can drop and fire quickly and fairly accurately (I practice this maneuver), but should my finger accidentally press too hard in the trigger the bullet will go upwards in a safe direction. Once I no longer feel the need for the gun to be at the ready, I carefully hold the hammer, pull the trigger, and allow the hammer to slowly return to a safe position. I then remove my finger from the trigger by pulling it far back and allow it to come to rest alongside the trigger guard. Finally, I click the safety with my thumb, and the gun is now "safe."

That is with a double-action revolver. This gun was a single-action revolver. The only difference is that the trigger on a double-action revolver can also operate the hammer; a single-action revolver's trigger does not have anything to do with the hammer except to release it once cocked.

Here's the play-by-play of what is happening when Baldwin pulls the gun:
  • The gun is inside his jacket, pointing slightly downward and toward his rear.
  • Baldwin's hand is on the gun already. His thumb is on the hammer and his finger is on the trigger.
  • On cue, Baldwin pulls out the gun. The previous position of his finger is obvious because he does not have to pull his finger far back to slide it into the trigger guard.
  • When the gun approaches the desired position, Baldwin pulls the trigger back. Nothing happens to the gun because the hammer has not been cocked.
  • Baldwin then uses his thumb to quickly pull back on the hammer and release it in a "fanning" motion.
  • Since the trigger is pulled, the hammer returns to its rest position with force immediately upon being released.
  • When the hammer returns to its rest position, the firing pin strikes the primer in the ammunition (I am assuming blanks here).
  • The primer explodes, igniting the small powder charge in the ammunition.
  • The powder explodes, forcing the crimped end of the ammunition to open under the pressure.
  • Exploding gases exit the barrel in a satisfying display of fiery fury, but there are no objects to expel other than tiny grains of unburnt powder and perhaps (depending on the load) some cotton wadding. No actual bullet comes out.

On this day, there was a bullet in the gun. The exploding powder, this time a much larger charge, forced the bullet to exit the barrel at high velocity and strike two other people.

We already know all this. Not one word of the above is in serious dispute. We now have video evidence from the set itself showing how Baldwin handled the gun. We have an admission from Baldwin himself that he did not personally check the gun. We have eyewitness reports and an admission that Baldwin drew the gun. We have indisputable evidence (a dead body and another injured person) that a bullet was discharged. We have medical evidence that a death occurred due to the bullet being discharged.

WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS NEEDED? There has never been a more cut-and-dried case argued in a court since the beginnings of the country!

I fear justice is not only blind, but in this case is hog-tied, gagged, and buried 12 feet in solid concrete.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Backagain

The Director handed Baldwin the gun, and yelled it was "cold". The Director is the the one who called it safe. So how exactly is Baldwin the guilty one? Also the prop master loaded the gun, yet it is all Alec Baldwin's fault.

Great! Someone else who thinks Alec Baldwin is above the law.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Backagain

Baldwin didn't load it. The Director handed it to him, the Director yelled it was cold, =Alec Baldwin is guilty? Whoever loaded it with a live round, and the Director who cleared it are guilty.

www.cbsnews.com...

None of that is news to me.

It's still his responsibility to verify the gun is loaded with blanks. It literally takes 2 seconds. Other actors have talked about this. No responsible person would trust someone else's word that a gun is safe, especially when he is perfectly capable of verifying that himself and simply chose not to because one of the "little people" is supposed to do that. It's criminally negligent and it cost a woman her life.

And it sounds like you're unaware of the irresponsible and unsafe practices that were going on on that set that he is additionally responsible for as the producer.

You really ought to read more about the case than a few liberal media articles that were written with the sole purpose of trying to save one of their heroes. You aren't exactly getting objectivity there.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Great! Someone else who thinks Alec Baldwin is above the law.

TheRedneck

Just curious.

What law is he above?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Number one rule of gun safety always check it to see if its loaded.
2 always act as if it is loaded.
3 the person in possession of the firearm is responsible for the weapon.

Yes Alec Baldwin is directly responsible.
Do you own a firearm?
It is written in the manual the firearm comes with give me a minute to retrieve one.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

My wife's friend was over the other day and said she was thinking of getting another handgun and asked to see some of mine. Each time I handed her one I removed the magazines and pulled back the slides to check the chamber to confirm they weren't loaded before handing her the empty pistols. The first thing she did was to pull the slides back herself to confirm they weren't loaded.

It is 100% on the person holding the firearm to check it for themselves that it isn't loaded.

edit on 27-4-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastFirst
Partially pulling the hammer back before the half cock click, can cause a fire if the spring had enough joules..

Without touching the trigger.. especially in cowboy colt types.

Pull the hammer back ... Pull the trigger.

There's no less culpability. Baldwin was responsible for killing her. He was holding the smoking gun. No one else.

Baldwin could've admitted it was an accident. But, no, he won't take any measure of responsibility. Just like all the rest of the liberals ... they want to blame it on the gun ... not the shooter.

Frikkin' pathetic.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction.
Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded and will fire.
Never place your fi get inside the trigger guard or on the trigger unless you intend to fire.
Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Never cross obstacles such as fences or stream with a loaded firearm.
Safe gun handling is your personal responsibility at all times...firearms are dangerous and can cause serious injury or death if they are misused or used inappropriately. Safety must be the prime consideration of anyone who owns or handles firearms.

You are responsible for the firearm at all times.

Firearm security is your responsibility.

So as per the manual that comes with the gun Baldwin was the one in possession of the gun therefore all responsibility is on him.

It doesn't matter if God handed him the gun and said it was cold.

As soon as the gun was in his hand all the responsibility of gun ownership and safe practices were in his hands and he failed miserably.

Hope this helps clear the air for some.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

www.cbsnews.com...

Do you own a firearm?
It is written in the manual the firearm comes with give me a minute to retrieve one.

Anyone who owns a firearm and believes Baldwin acted responsibly is a danger to themselves and everyone around them.

Coincidentally, they are also highly likely to be a Democrat.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I grew up with guns. I get all the "gun people".

But not everyone is gun familiar. Or gun knowledgeable.

What if it was Sandra Bullock, who is very liberal, and probably not gun familiar?

Does the responsibility still fall on her, when you have hired professionals that are "supposed" to do their job?

And trust me, I am not defending Baldwin. My kid worked in production for 20 years, the Baldwins are assholes.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

www.cbsnews.com...

Do you own a firearm?

Anyone who owns a firearm and believes Baldwin acted responsibly is a danger to themselves and everyone around them.

Coincidentally, they are also highly likely to be a Democrat.

True on both points

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
they want to blame it on the gun ... not the shooter.

I was going to make this point in the OP but it was already getting long enough and attention spans around here are short.

This is all part of this absurd culture created mostly by uninformed media and uninformed "activists," that guns are responsible for mass shootings, for accidents, etc.

Baldwin knows he's lying, but he also knows most of the anti-gun crowd don't know the first thing about guns, so they will buy his lies.
edit on 27 4 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I grew up with guns. I get all the "gun people".

But not everyone is gun familiar. Or gun knowledgeable.

What if it was Sandra Bullock, who is very liberal, and probably not gun familiar?

Does the responsibility still fall on her, when you have hired professionals that are "supposed" to do their job?

And trust me, I am not defending Baldwin. My kid worked in production for 20 years, the Baldwins are assholes.

As I said before it doesn't matter if God of the president handed you the gun and said it wasn't loaded.

As soon as the gun is in anyone's hands it is their sole responsibility the law is very cut and dry on this point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join