It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rust set footage further indication Alec Baldwin is lying about shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Snarl

Does the responsibility still fall on her

Yes. You point the gun ... someone dies ... it's your fault.

Rule #2. Never aim a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Says someone who is pro-gun and familiar with guns.

Not everyone is. That's why they have hired professionals on set.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

He had a gun pointed it and now a woman is dead at best it is manslaughter and worst murder.

Either way Baldwin had a gun fired it and a woman died the law is clear whether or not he knew it was loaded is irrelevant.

Do they have a felony murder law there? Without that, I don't see how it can be murder, unless there was some motive we're not aware of.

I think manslaughter is the most you could say. Let's not go hyperbolic like the anti-cop nutjobs who call every felon who tries to wrestle with a cop and gets shot a murder victim.

After watching the clip of Baldwin when it happened the look he is giving the camera is kinda sinister.

He looks closes his eyes looks again eerily then closes and opens draws fires. Could be he hated her and knew it was loaded.
Conspiracy site and all.

He's literally on the set of a movie. It doesn't occur to you that that's just him being in character?

It's a conspiracy site, but we shouldn't just make things up out of thin air. Especially when there's a readily identifiable and perfectly logical alternative explanation staring you in the face.

agreed

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UsedtoTieKnots

Seriously. Who cares?!? You people are obsessed. It’s unhealthy.

Yes, who cares that we have a two-tiered justice system.

The brainwashing worked extra well on this one. Thrilled to have overlords who can get away with manslaughter.
It’s ok. I get it. You’re obsessed.

This was an accident. On a co trolled set. Not a murder.

I don’t like Baldwin. The way he treated his kid is appalling. But stop pretending you care about anything other than the fact that he is a liberal.

I literally just told someone it wasn't murder. And accident doesn't always necessarily mean free of legal culpability.

The same people who justify gun violence based on rights are the same of you here trying to condemn an accident.

The partisan obsession here is disgustingly apparent.

Yeah you sound like someone whose only knowledge of 2A advocates comes from Moms Demand press releases. Most 2A people abhor negligent accidents. I myself have called for negligent parents whose children were hurt or killed by an unsecured gun to face charges, on this board.

The only partisan obsession here is with people trying to make excuses for the man because of who he is. For the record, I haven't the faintest clue of the politics of the other producers or the director, and I've been saying they should be charged as well.

You're completely off-base in every single part of this post. You made a ton of incorrect assumptions, not that I expect you to just be an adult, admit you got some things, wrong, and move on to healthy discussion.
That’s funny. I’m a trained ccw carrier, and have taken multiple tactical trainings, and have multiple certifications as a body guard. I’m also quite well versed on the 2a.

You care because he is anti-gun. That’s the only reason.

If it were Kevin Sorbo, you’d be defending him. And that’s called hypocrisy.

As an independent, I really don’t care about anyone else’s politics. Until they become a social obsession. And that’s what this is. Nothing more, nothing less. A social, partisan fetish.

[snip]
edit on 27-4-2022 by UsedtoTieKnots because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UsedtoTieKnots

None of that addresses anything I said nor corrects any of the off-base assumptions you made.

It's also common for anti-gun extremists to claim they're gun owners for credibility.

Based on your previous falsehoods, I'm not exactly inclined to believe you. Perhaps if you had been truthful from the start I might. That's the problem when you lead with dishonesty. Even if you want to have reasonable discussion after that you've already shot yourself in the foot, no pun intended.

But even if I gave you the benefit of the doubt, again, none of that changes the fact your assumptions were wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ignorance of the law is no excuse:

Please site that exact law for me.

I really want to know.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When Brandon Lee got killed on set no charges were filed. In that instance the tip broke off and lodged in the barrel of one of the guns and fired with the next blank.

There was no live round so the standards are different from that case to this one as it was a live bullet.

Someone is responsible and I don't see anywhere in the law that says except on movie sets or unless the Director told you it was clear.

Will anyone be held accountable for this woman's death?

link   

None of that addresses anything I said nor corrects any of the off-base assumptions you made.

It's also common for anti-gun extremists to claim they're gun owners for credibility.

Based on your previous falsehoods, I'm not exactly inclined to believe you. Perhaps if you had been truthful from the start I might. That's the problem when you lead with dishonesty. Even if you want to have reasonable discussion after that you've already shot yourself in the foot, no pun intended.

But even if I gave you the benefit of the doubt, again, none of that changes the fact your assumptions were wrong.
You didn’t say anything. At all. You tried to take shots, and made no factual statements.

It’s ok if you don’t believe me. Facts are facts. Some people don’t like facts.

I’ll list my guns for you (or at least the ones I publicly acknowledge)

Remington 1190
Walther p99 as
S&w 99

Sig sayer 229 sad
Cz p01
Czp09
Cz75b
Cz85b

Fnp-9
Fns-9

But I’m making it up, right?

link   

You didn’t say anything. At all. You tried to take shots, and made no factual statements.

It’s ok if you don’t believe me. Facts are facts. Some people don’t like facts.

I’ll list my guns for you (or at least the ones I publicly acknowledge)

Remington 1190
M&p 15
Walther p99 as
S&w 99

Sig sauer 229 sas
Cz p01
Czp09
Cz75b
Cz85b

Fnp-9
Fns-9

But I’m making it up, right?
edit on 27-4-2022 by UsedtoTieKnots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I really want to know.

See this post by Redneck. It explains things so simply and clearly a 10 year old would understand it.

There was an even more thorough writeup by an actual firearms lawyer that I posted here back when this all happened. I'll see if I can find it for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I really want to know.
I'm on mobile and cannot link.

Legal principle which states that just because you are unaware that a law exists doesn't get you off the hook for breaking it. Or some such I'm sure you have Google

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I really want to know.

If you're genuinely interested to hear about the legal angle, give this a read. I suspect you'll just write it off without reading it because you don't like the site, but the source is an attorney, not some media pundit.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I did actually make factual statements. Now you're just blatantly lying.

It's okay if you don't believe me.

Gee, I wonder why.

Try not lying and we can talk more.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I really want to know.

If you're genuinely interested to hear about the legal angle, give this a read. I suspect you'll just write it off without reading it because you don't like the site, but the source is an attorney, not some media pundit.

That was a good breakdown of the law 👌 I said the same as he did although I over exaggerated the murder point.

It is manslaughter guess we wait and see.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You care because he is anti-gun. That’s the only reason.

Said no bodyguard. Ever.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I really want to know.

That was a good breakdown of the law 👌 I said the same as he did although I over exaggerated the murder point.

Manslaughter
There are two kinds of manslaughter: Voluntary and involuntary. Voluntary manslaughter means someone committed a crime, usually a felony, that caused an injury resulting in death. Because voluntary manslaughter and second-degree murder have different punishments, some defendants admit to the killing as a means of avoiding the second-degree murder charge.

Involuntary manslaughter means someone was unintentionally killed because of another person’s recklessness. For example, if a drunk driver kills someone, they will likely face involuntary manslaughter charges. When prosecutors attempt to prove involuntary manslaughter, they must demonstrate that a reasonable person would know that the act was harmful or could cause death.

Accidental Killing
An accidental killing is precisely that. It is a case where someone performs an act they believe is reasonably safe or is made in the defense of another, and it results in someone’s death.

www.bradbaileylaw.com...#:~:text=Many%20people%20confuse%20manslaughter %20with%20accidental%20killing.%20They,are%20two%20kinds%20of%20manslaughter%3A%20Voluntary%20and%20involuntary.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What steps did Alec Baldwin take that made him believe that what he did was reasonably safe?

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I really want to know.

Manslaughter
There are two kinds of manslaughter: Voluntary and involuntary. Voluntary manslaughter means someone committed a crime, usually a felony, that caused an injury resulting in death. Because voluntary manslaughter and second-degree murder have different punishments, some defendants admit to the killing as a means of avoiding the second-degree murder charge.

Involuntary manslaughter means someone was unintentionally killed because of another person’s recklessness. For example, if a drunk driver kills someone, they will likely face involuntary manslaughter charges. When prosecutors attempt to prove involuntary manslaughter, they must demonstrate that a reasonable person would know that the act was harmful or could cause death.

Accidental Killing
An accidental killing is precisely that. It is a case where someone performs an act they believe is reasonably safe or is made in the defense of another, and it results in someone’s death.

www.bradbaileylaw.com...#:~:text=Many%20people%20confuse%20manslaughter %20with%20accidental%20killing.%20They,are%20two%20kinds%20of%20manslaughter%3A%20Voluntary%20and%20involuntary.

Correct, as I stated earlier, an accident is not necessarily legally consequence-less, but it's not always necessarily illegal either.

The problem is that failing to check a gun, pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger is not reasonably safe.

I'd be curious what your thoughts are on the link I sent you, if you even read it.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

What law is he above?

New Mexico Article 7 - Section 30-7-4

A. Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of:
    (1) discharging a firearm into any building or vehicle or so as to knowingly endanger a person or his property;

(2) carrying a firearm while under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic;

(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or

(4) discharging a firearm within one hundred fifty yards of a dwelling or building, not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public lands during hunting seasons, without the permission of the owner or lessees thereof.

New Mexico Article 2 - Section 30-2-3

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.
    A. Voluntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed upon a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.
Whoever commits voluntary manslaughter is guilty of a third degree felony resulting in the death of a human being.
    B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.
Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

Did Alec Baldwin kill someone? Yes, admitted to and proven beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Did this act result from the omission of commonly known and commonly accepted rules of firearm safety? Yes, admitted by Alec Baldwin and proven beyond any shadow of a doubt.

The negligent act is a petty misdemeanor; the death resulting from the negligent act is a fourth-degree felony, punishable by
  • up to 18 months in prison
  • up to a $5000 fine
  • inability to possess or use a firearm for life.

Any more silly questions?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

What law is he above?

New Mexico Article 7 - Section 30-7-4

A. Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of:
    (1) discharging a firearm into any building or vehicle or so as to knowingly endanger a person or his property;

(2) carrying a firearm while under the influence of an intoxicant or narcotic;

(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or

(4) discharging a firearm within one hundred fifty yards of a dwelling or building, not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public lands during hunting seasons, without the permission of the owner or lessees thereof.

New Mexico Article 2 - Section 30-2-3

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.
    A. Voluntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed upon a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.
Whoever commits voluntary manslaughter is guilty of a third degree felony resulting in the death of a human being.
    B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.
Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

Did Alec Baldwin kill someone? Yes, admitted to and proven beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Did this act result from the omission of commonly known and commonly accepted rules of firearm safety? Yes, admitted by Alec Baldwin and proven beyond any shadow of a doubt.

The negligent act is a petty misdemeanor; the death resulting from the negligent act is a fourth-degree felony, punishable by
  • up to 18 months in prison
  • up to a $5000 fine
  • inability to possess or use a firearm for life.

Any more silly questions?

TheRedneck

Thanks.

I don't think questions about killing someone is silly.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From your link (not sure why you cut it off before this, but whatever):

When prosecutors attempt to prove involuntary manslaughter, they must demonstrate that a reasonable person would know that the act was harmful or could cause death.

Would a reasonable person know that pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger, without personally verifying that it was unloaded, was a harmful act or could cause death?

Do you, yourself, believe that shooting a gun at someone can kill them?

How about someone who has a long history of advocating for gun control because of the "inherently dangerous nature of guns"? Would they know that it was unsafe?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not to mention even some of his defenders have said he was probably drunk.

That would also put him in violation of that law.
edit on 27 4 22 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join