It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screwed out of work again...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ignorance is a terrible thing.

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: RickyD

Let me just say? I've friends in N.Y.C, Vegas, Branson....Branson and the Osmond family alone...is like 100 some fam, kids, crew, techs, musicians.

Whereas it's everywhere...I don't know about support services...as the same insurance companies underwrite tour policy and policies.

Wacked...I know....ask a Broadway lead or a stage gaffer...or Rock star if matters you aren't? The entire crew...maybe 85%...is gonna take 9 steps away from you. No one want any chance of closing or take anything home to families.

EMT/20yrs

International Quarterly Royalties

DMC, Sony and UMG Universal Music Group

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I am sorry it has even come to the point of having to consider it. I am sure you are very talented at what you do, bringing more than just equipment or knowledge. The venue itself is missing out even if they do manage to find someone with the jab

As you pointed out, you can still get COVID jab or not. This is an outrage, although I salute your calm demeanor

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

Its how it feels honestly...

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It isn't all companies or events as far as I can tell. I am still working currently (in fact I am literally heading to the convention center right now too start loadout for NAB) which is a blessing. But 7 or 8 days a month isn't enough and the last few months were even slower for me. Either way getting upset or acting out about it is only going to alienate me more from prospective employers...so I will just calmly chug on lol!

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm not recommending this but, you can download blank a covid vax card on line.

HIPPA protocols prevent anyone from accessing your medical records anyway unless it's for medical treatment of some kind.

www.hhs.gov...
edit on 27-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Everyone here uses the clear app digital database thing... I think fake cards were prevalent when it first came out.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Everyone here uses the clear app digital database thing... I think fake cards were prevalent when it first came out.

All I ever got was a flimsy piece of cardboard that I took a pic of on my phone. No one has ever asked to see it, not even Disney, Netflix or either of my unions...SAG/AFTRA or IATSE. But my unions do require us to be vaxxed as do the production companies. I don't know how they could check with HIPPA being in effect.
edit on 27-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I think it has to be voluntary but on the premise that bot volunteering disqualifies you if asked. I doubt the folks on site want to deal with it unless someone makes a point to push it. I have run into this quite a few times.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

Yes it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Doubled
edit on 4/27/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

When we don't give autonomy to each person and their body,

So much to unpack here. Please research what 'artificial person' means in Black's Law Dictionary, and realize what you are saying is an oxymoron; a person does not HAVE a body. I know there's supposed to be a 'natural person' that does, but in all pragmatic reality of 'persons', it's ALWAYS 'artificial person', so it's a moot point to even think about it. Person = 'Artificial Person' that only exists on paper.

People have formed joinders between this legal fiction and the human being, which sometimes does have a body of some kind, so at that point, MAYBE it could be argued that a 'person can have a body', but even with a joinder that makes the human being responsible for all the things that only the person is usually responsible for (all the obligations, etc.), it's still not accurate to say that the person has a body. It's still the human that has the body (and even that is temoprary).

Autonomy - do you REALLY think this can be 'given'? If it can be given, it can also be taken away. Is it really autonomy if some third party can decide FOR YOU, whether you have it or not?

Instead of talking about 'autonomy', maybe it'd be better to talk about human rights. We all have them, they are unalienable, we can't be alienated from them. According to Badnarik, we have rights because we have ownership - so we own our body, therefore, no one else can dictate anything about the body, even work or whatnot. Of course, we have unlimited right to contract, so we can consent to not having anything to say about our body - this does not remove the human rights, but this means we willingly set aside our natural access to those rights, so we can't use them.

We HAVE the right to do whatever we want with our physical body from the first breath, because it's OUR body, we own it, so I don't even know what you are saying here.

How could anyone ELSE 'give' us 'autonomy' about 'person' and 'person's body'?

(See how convoluted you made a simple thing? It's not about person, autonomy or someone giving us something - it's simply about being incarnated into a body that we thus own, end of story. No autonomy required, no someone giving us something required, no person required, no illusion of 'person's body' required. Keep it simple!)

I wish people would wake up the the truth already, so this kind of strange, convoluted thinking would finally cease and I wouldn't have to keep trying to scream from the rooftops that you are not your body, you are not a person, and so on.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
When we don't give autonomy to each person and their body, this is what happens.

I believe you should be able to get that job.

I believe NO ONE should be forced to get a vaccination.

I believe you should be able to decide if you wear a mask or not.

I believe people should be able to have assisted suicide if they wish.

AND I BELIEVE A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO DO WITH HER BODY WHAT SHE WISHES. BUT, if some people can tell a woman she must have a rapist's baby even though it's HER BODY, well then, those same people shouldn't have a problem with employers forcing people to have vaccines or wear a mask.

I also believe women and men should have total autonomy over their own bodies. It's your life, and in a free society, you should be able to do anything with it. Drugs included. As long as you don't break the law, do what you want.

It's called having options. It's called CHOICE.

Indeed... It is also the company's CHOICE to insist on vaccination...

OP - You've screwed yourself out of this work by believing the lies from the tin foil hat brigade I am afraid... Get vaccinated and get the work...

Won't do you any harm I promise..

PA

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
So I had an interview today for freelance gigs at a production company which I won't name (don't want to burn a bridge I may need to cross in the future). The interview was great...I had all the right experience and qualifications. The interviewer even knew one of my references which always helps. They needed someone like me and immediately began talking about all the gigs they wanted me on and began asking my day rates and availability...then he stops and says...before we get too into that let me ask the hard question. Are you vaccinated...to which I replied "no". Then they ask is this something you'd be willing to do and again my answer was "no". That was the literal end of the interview no more talk just a thanks for coming but due to how many clients we have which require it, we've made it a company policy...

All the people catching covid while vaccinated clearly shows here is no actual point to a vaccine when it comes to preventing transmission. I personally watched it at CES this year...vaccine required to work there or attend (luckily my booth was outside and I skirted it), yet I saw people dropping out like flies with covid.

What makes me most frustrated is I really needed this work. Things have been slow here and having only moved out here just as things shut down means that I may as well be brandnew here still...so I am not staying busy enough to keep bills paid yet...

Just had to rant about this somewhere...thanks for listening...

Why would you get vaccinated? First of all it's not a vaccine. Second of all it's not approved for use, it's EUA. Third of all the latest iteration of corona causes a cold like illness which is less deadly than the flu. ETC...what a joke.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Sorry RD! Ive spent my early 50 years in the business. A F of M Local 5, Detroit.

It comes does to basics: the insurance companies want to not cover you the employ-ee... due to some impression of future "liability" during shows and performances. Rehearsals even.

Insurance companies are getting wrecked by insanely high all cause mortality from some sort of "mysterious" phenomena. They're learning quick though.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

You're right. And Insurance is big $$$. But we don't wanna be told what...and they pose that we don't want you then's...in these huge even smaller productions.

Mob...majority rules...😳 Insurance comps are motivated by #'s and $$. No compliance means no work in those places/unions.

Change the peridime....theyd fold...So what of job rights to deny/refuse? None. Move on elsewhere..they only care to maintain compliance #'s.

And we'd be in the minority....
edit on 04224630America/ChicagoThu, 28 Apr 2022 12:05:46 -050005202200000046 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 04225230America/ChicagoThu, 28 Apr 2022 12:06:52 -050006202200000052 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

As an unvaccinated nurse I can say with 100% certainty there currently is no cure for stupid. Sad but true.

Better things are coming.

cheers

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

The juice isnt worth worth the squeeze. Ive had covid twice and both times was little more than a bad cold. Even if the chance is slim I am not interested in risking a life altering side effect for not real gain. Not to mention they really have no business telling me what I should and shouldnt have done to myself medically...and holding work hostage over a vaccine that doesn't prevent transmission is nothing more than a strongarm attempt. On one is screwing anyone except those trying to force a jab.

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rightwingnurse

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Honestly mate, you only have yourself to blame.

It’s all well and good to have your morals and convictions… but, you also have to live with the consequences. Rather than bitch and moan like the poor little victim.

After all, I’m sure everybody else who works with this company had to get there shot to be able to or continue working with them… why should you be any different?

Seriously, makes you so special that you feel you shouldn’t be held to the same standard?

posted on Apr, 28 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

If it's her body then why is it a different person dies when the abort and not the person making the choice????

Trying to compare forced vaccinations w literal murder of another living being is not only stupid it's dishonest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join