It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screwed out of work again...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

AND I BELIEVE A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO DO WITH HER BODY WHAT SHE WISHES. BUT, if some people can tell a woman she must have a rapist's baby even though it's HER BODY, well then, those same people shouldn't have a problem with employers forcing people to have vaccines or wear a mask.
Wow! Talk about apples and oranges. Holy Moly.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
AND I BELIEVE A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO DO WITH HER BODY WHAT SHE WISHES. BUT, if some people can tell a woman she must have a rapist's baby even though it's HER BODY, well then, those same people shouldn't have a problem with employers forcing people to have vaccines or wear a mask.

You were doing great up to this ridiculous false comparison...

None of the other things involves an innocent 3rd party. An abortion is the killing of a child. An unborn child, but a child.
I basically had the same reply, before I got to your post, hilarious!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Ricky, your interviewer asked: "Now let me ask you the hard question."

That seems strange. It is as if he was expecting some sort of resistance. I would have thought that the majority of citizens have already been obliging towards their "civic duty".

Did you in any way intimate to the interviewer, prior to the "hard" question that you were a person who thinks for himself?

When he asked you the question, did he have a slight cheeky sparkle in his eye, or did he look badgered and serious?

It looks to me that the "hard" question was: "What sort of a person are you? Are you a person who is a team player? Are you a person who thinks that they know better than management? Are you willing to sacrifice this job because you are don't trust a little pin prick?"

You have to wait your turn, fall in line, make your way to the front of the queue, close your eyes, stick out your tongue, receive the sacrament and return to your seat at the table of the gods.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I too work in the biz, SAG and IATSE, but now I find myself working above the line most of the time... Sometimes it's worth getting an LLC and working as an independent contractor and not for the production house per se, that's what I did, just be sure to submit the W9! I refuse to work for Disney on their terms.

edit on 26-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am glad you stuck to your convictions.

Lie to them. It isn't wrong they have no business asking in the first place.

I am really sorry this happened to you. They can pound salt, they missed a good one.
edit on 4/26/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

It came across to me as they have had issues hiring techs because they have a company policy that denies many qualified techs looking for work. Up until that point they were super happy with booking me on the spot. EDC was one of the gigs and they needed a truss spotlight operator and I am a good one with lots of experience there. Its really was a perfect match for them because while I am good I don't command the highend rates on my reputation yet. Maybe in the future they reverse that policy and they offer me work...which I am happy to take!
edit on 26-4-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sadly it is the companies who are the end client for the events putting forth these requirements on everyone including venues. I think the IA has some pushback but the venues and production companies are all heavily competeing so they will bend over backwards for the clients.
edit on 26-4-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Unfortunately lying would keep me from entering the venue for the show and on such last min to lose a higher level tech who is pivotal to a load in or operating gear for the show would be detrimental to the show and possibly lose the company a client. Being that its a very small world in my industry the black listing has wide reach...I wouldn't test it...I've seen the outcome and its not good.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Fully Vaccinated have a higher Covid Hospitalisation-Rate than the Unvaccinated

dailyexpose.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Tue Apr 26 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You didn't have to mask for the interview but were asked about the vax? Odd.

It's all masks all the time where I work except if you're in your office alone with the door shut. In the lunchroom you're also permitted to unmask provided you keep your distance. There were 1000s of 'beware of the covid' signs plastered on every surface of the building but they were all removed as the government relaxed restrictions but it was only a cosmetic relaxation. The policies are still strictly enforced and more rigorous than ever before. These policies exist in conjunction with Canada's border security who are calling the shots and have final say but this large international company is 100% on the same page with them. I'm told there's no end in sight.
edit on 26-4-2022 by ConcernedCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: JBurns

Unfortunately lying would keep me from entering the venue for the show and on such last min to lose a higher level tech who is pivotal to a load in or operating gear for the show would be detrimental to the show and possibly lose the company a client. Being that its a very small world in my industry the black listing has wide reach...I wouldn't test it...I've seen the outcome and its not good.

I love the colourful avatar/background you wear.

Perhaps it's time you shone your own star and said f..k to the black listings. Sometimes it's GOOD to stand out and be seen as the individual that so many wish they could be.

Ever thought about a company of your own?.....be brave...jump in...start small,,,,be real.

In these oh-so-scaredy times when so many are paranoid and wish to follow the corporate line, isn't it time for something more human and ANALOGUE?

The bright shining beacon that throws those sparklers into the air for the normally sheepish to jump up and catch?

Take contol of YOUR WORLD my friend.

Let the weak question themselves for a change, and let them see the STRONG and POSITIVE around you, lead them by example (sheppard) against the sheeple.

You seem overly involved in the ins and outs of business but it's not your business, you are a music person, not a money person....YES?.

Perhaps this is one of those MOMENTS. One of those moments we often experience in life that affords a chance to reflect on "LIFE". A chance to perhaps invest in something other than someting else....but yourself.

Life can be amazing regarding long term interest if one sees beyond the immediate future. Life is longer than you think.

Be BIG...whatever you do, and good luck to you.

Or will you fain and just seek sympathy here.......c'mon. It's MUSIC. The spirit of LIFE.

Let us know how you get on eh?

edit on 26/4/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/4/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

edit on 4/26/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Sorry RD! Ive spent my early 50 years in the business. A F of M Local 5, Detroit.

It comes does to basics: the insurance companies want to not cover you the employ-ee... due to some impression of future "liability" during shows and performances. Rehearsals even.

Us musicians on national tours, lighting, sound, riggers....pretty much all. Up and down broadway and the rock tours around the world. Big productions....tons of people...tons of suspected insurance "what-ifs".

Unfounded? Yes. Based on any substance? Who knows for sure. But hundreds of workers and performers....and say 10-12 dont want to...whatever? Well...all the Unions and tour underwriters are going by "either" or....and those few are in the minority against hundreds of others who want to work.

Discrimination? Yeah. But I understand it. Not right either...but how it is across the industry. Good luck to you!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have been knocked backed from a few jobs for not being vaxxed. Had a lot of people lose their job last year for not taking the jab. Some of them have gotten there job back, police, teachers and transport workers so far. Those in the medical system are still locked out.

With all the growing information coming out about the vax, this mandate policy is not going to last forever. If you have made it this far avoiding the jab, you have done better than most. I don't know when all this crazy will end, hang in there.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And thats basically my experience with it. Thankfully here in vegas there is too much work for it all to be done by vaccinated people. If the unvaccinated are in the minority it means there are a lot less people I have to be better than...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Not sure its going to end...I probably need to look in to bribing a doctor honestly...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

With the level of insanity going on denying natural immunity, is there some greater nanotech project going on?

We do have a right to self defense and doing what we have to to survive. If you can find a doctor wiling to help? Might get you in the club for a while, with all the planned boosters and who knows what else it can be a tough one to keep up with.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Let me just say? I've friends in N.Y.C, Vegas, Branson....Branson and the Osmond family alone...is like 100 some fam, kids, crew, techs, musicians.

Whereas it's everywhere...I don't know about support services...as the same insurance companies underwrite tour policy and policies.

Wacked...I know....ask a Broadway lead or a stage gaffer...or Rock star if matters you aren't? The entire crew...maybe 85%...is gonna take 9 steps away from you. No one want any chance of closing or take anything home to families.

EMT/20yrs

International Quarterly Royalties

DMC, Sony and UMG Universal Music Group
edit on 04222030America/ChicagoWed, 27 Apr 2022 09:09:20 -050009202200000020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Im in production as well (events and broadcast mostly) also experiencing this issue. I’ve got a fulltime gig but the pay is crap, considering taking work at the grocery store for a pay bump.... lots of opportunities floating my way for part time but the conversation also stops at vaccine compliance. They are trying to starve us into submission.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join