It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screwed out of work again...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So I had an interview today for freelance gigs at a production company which I won't name (don't want to burn a bridge I may need to cross in the future). The interview was great...I had all the right experience and qualifications. The interviewer even knew one of my references which always helps. They needed someone like me and immediately began talking about all the gigs they wanted me on and began asking my day rates and availability...then he stops and says...before we get too into that let me ask the hard question. Are you vaccinated...to which I replied "no". Then they ask is this something you'd be willing to do and again my answer was "no". That was the literal end of the interview no more talk just a thanks for coming but due to how many clients we have which require it, we've made it a company policy...

All the people catching covid while vaccinated clearly shows here is no actual point to a vaccine when it comes to preventing transmission. I personally watched it at CES this year...vaccine required to work there or attend (luckily my booth was outside and I skirted it), yet I saw people dropping out like flies with covid.

What makes me most frustrated is I really needed this work. Things have been slow here and having only moved out here just as things shut down means that I may as well be brandnew here still...so I am not staying busy enough to keep bills paid yet...

Just had to rant about this somewhere...thanks for listening...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry this happened, that people are still being stupid over this issue.

Good for you for sticking to your convictions.
Not enough people have the courage to do so anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When we don't give autonomy to each person and their body, this is what happens.

I believe you should be able to get that job.

I believe NO ONE should be forced to get a vaccination.

I believe you should be able to decide if you wear a mask or not.

I believe people should be able to have assisted suicide if they wish.

AND I BELIEVE A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO DO WITH HER BODY WHAT SHE WISHES. BUT, if some people can tell a woman she must have a rapist's baby even though it's HER BODY, well then, those same people shouldn't have a problem with employers forcing people to have vaccines or wear a mask.

I also believe women and men should have total autonomy over their own bodies. It's your life, and in a free society, you should be able to do anything with it. Drugs included. As long as you don't break the law, do what you want.

It's called having options. It's called CHOICE.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Hmm. We’re not allowed to ask where I’m at. Discrimination against medical conditions and statues are illegal. Sorry to hear about this RickyD. Keep standing up for what you believe in!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
..then he stops and says...before we get too into that let me ask the hard question. Are you vaccinated...to which I replied "no".

Your first mistake.

Then they ask is this something you'd be willing to do and again my answer was "no".

Your second mistake.

That was the literal end of the interview no more talk just a thanks for coming but due to how many clients we have which require it, we've made it a company policy...

Don't work for CORPORATE. You could have said "my personal health is private buiseness, I can DO the job".

The job that is for YOU is still there because you didn't get THIS one.

Mother Nature grants you a ticket for +1 KARMA. They are priceless and come in handy at just the right time.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled and let us know how you get on.

Everything always unfolds perfectly.

+49 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
AND I BELIEVE A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO DO WITH HER BODY WHAT SHE WISHES. BUT, if some people can tell a woman she must have a rapist's baby even though it's HER BODY, well then, those same people shouldn't have a problem with employers forcing people to have vaccines or wear a mask.

You were doing great up to this ridiculous false comparison...

None of the other things involves an innocent 3rd party. An abortion is the killing of a child. An unborn child, but a child.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I agree with you. Not wanting a shot that does basically nothing
is exactly the same as killing a child.
Wow, the mental gymnastics some go through
is tiring to watch.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
When we don't give autonomy to each person and their body, this is what happens.

I believe you should be able to get that job.

I believe NO ONE should be forced to get a vaccination.

I believe you should be able to decide if you wear a mask or not.

I believe people should be able to have assisted suicide if they wish.

I also believe women and men should have total autonomy over their own bodies. It's your life, and in a free society, you should be able to do anything with it. Drugs included. As long as you don't break the law, do what you want.

It's called having options. It's called CHOICE.

While I fully agree with you... why are you YELLING about women's bodies? Are you assuming that all those in favour of choice in vaccines are against choice in abortion? I'm pro choice in both but know for a fact that no one can ever ask if you had an abortion at a job interview then shun you for your choice. It's personal, like vaccines should be. Certainly isn't what the op was discussing anyway.

Ricky, sorry about your job prospects gone south. Hopefully this madness will pass soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You don't want to work for people that act like that anyways. My spouse was denied the religious exemption for covid,then accepted weeks later the religious exemption for the flu shot and fired a few months later.Its turned into a clown show under the current regime and laws/ regulations get made up as they go.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Thanks! Mostly just needed to vent because I was pretty annoyed but didn't want to do it in a manner that would burn a bridge. My industry is a rather small community...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

It pleases me to say I agree with you...and I seldom do. Everything you just said too! I am always on the side of freedom for individuals even if I don't agree with their choices...as long as their choices don't effect me (as in paying for their bad choices multiple times...everyone should get one mulligan).

Either way I am good at my job and I will overcome this eventually...just annoyed and wanted to vent. Thanks for listening and responding!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

Not sure if they're allowed to ask...I didn't look because I haven't been asked in months on my union gigs. Either way a lot of clients require it and they all seem to use clear app now so if I lied or avoided it I would eventually have to deal with it on show site. That would not only be a bigger issue but probably get me black listed with a lot of places. Not worth it to me...I am good at what I do and value my reputation above money. I'll get over it and do fine...just might take longer.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Good job sticking to your guns.

When you say production am I to presume you live in Commiefornia?

If so perhaps move to a state that also has similar work without the 'mandates' ?

Good luck to you!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

In the entertainment industry it doesn't work like that...as I explained above even if I dodged it then...to get into the venue or event in many cases you have to prove vaccination through the Clear app at the venue. If I wasn't able to work a gig on that short of notice I would screw up a show bad and probably get black listed. Not worth it to me...but hopefully that karma ticket hits a jackpot!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Las Vegas baby! I couldn't do commistan. Too many firearms I would have to sell...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
rofl . never heard Commistan .

hmmm

NV is pretty open minded right? So you can find some gigs without that crap right?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lemon1234

I know I am good at what I do and my reputation is stellar. If they would rather have vaccinated techs...which it sounds like they needed good ones like me...then that is for them to decide. I have decided long ago that they risk wasn't worth the money I might make for taking it. I appreciate you listening to me vent though...it helps me keep calm and cordial when things like this happen in the moment.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I get work still but currently its not enough and I have been shopping my resume out. Its just a matter of me having just moved here december 2019 and less than 4 months in all worked stopped. So this year is my first year to get my name out there and show people my reputation. Its a slow climb uphill in a new place...to get into the positions I am used to people have to trust you with very expensive shows that if messed up you lose them a client and on many cases millions of dollars. This would have been a big break and provided me enough work to be comfortable...its kinda what I have been shopping for.

Also NV will do whatever they need to do to bring in the shows...so clients who are paying can basically set the rules. Government here is very left leaning to so that doesn't help. Thankfully this hasn't been an issue anymore for my union gigs for a while now. I just finished setting up the Arri lighting booth at NAB last week. In fact I got to meet Bobby Dickerson on focus day...he has lit the academy awards for the last like 30 years...bit of a huge name on the industry.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

keep on truckin' ma man.

I have a friend who has done a lot of puppeteering work and weird stop motion stuff in LA;
show biz is stupid lol
I am a musician and yeah it's a weird microcosm, entertainment.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Its so weird and very unique...but the pay is usually great and personally I love what I do, so going to work isn't really "work" to me. Its rare that one finds themselves in such a position. That's kind of why I put up with the few drawbacks such as this one...its hard to want to give up a career you genuinely love!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join