It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im stupid and I know I am.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
I would consider myself of low education, but with decent morals.......I sometimes have a few beers and post stupid things but I think my intelligence has grown a lot by conversing (did I just post that word..? 😱) with this community......

Has anyone else joined this site and improved their QI......😬

or at least have a broader take on life that its not so politically as one sided as you may think......or even if the left/right narrative is there to keep us from uniting as a 'human' peoples.....?

You are not supposed to insult people and call them stupid on this site. You have to do it correctly or the post will get removed. So quit calling yourself stupid and read the rules here you idiot..

Just kidding around.

Rule number one never text and drink at the same time, the next day you have more regrets than going to the bar and waking up with a strange person in your bed.

Rule number two. Never read a funny post with a mouth full of coffee, it is hard to sop it out of the keyboard.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

A wise man never knows all ; Only a fool knows everything"

African Proverbh
edit on 4/12/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

Stupid? Nah. Heres why, in my opinion...

Theres three types of people in this world, could argue more but most lead all the way back to just three paths, that I know of with the mind side of things...

1 - Stupid but aware of it = Intelligent

2 - Stupid but unaware of it = Stupid but aware of it = Intelligent

3 - Stupid but unaware of it (Error 0.23981902312 crash-bootslplosion no program found) Unable to identify, unawareness of awareness itself AKA nothing there = Truly Stupid

Never underestimate the power (to wreck havoc) of a truly stupid person, even more so id say than mistaking an intelligent person for a truly stupid one.

Just my opinion

edit on 12-4-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If you spent your entire life in one county,

And never traveled anywhere..

How would you know..?

What if you couldnt read?

It's the year 1600...

And the furthest you have been from the hovel and goat pen is ten miles..?

What is stupid?

Back then, they didn't even know how stupid they were.

And yet they could survive better than us today in the wild...

Lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

Dont be so hard on yourself, dont take your own humbleness for weakness.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah, yeah, you got me this time JinMi!
But I’ll be back!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

That's why IQ tests put a lot of emphasis on language skills and mathematics.

One of my daughters is extremely gifted, I hate when parents say that, but i'm unsure of another way to portray that. She knows several languages. She became obsessed with German and basically taught herself the language in her free time and is now fluent. Our friend is German and a German language teacher and she said she was much more fluent that her students. It's not just languages, she can pick up accents, even as a small child. In pre-school we were taken aside and told that she had the most sophisticated knowlege of math that they had ever seen in a child. Straight A's every subject. She consistently got perfect scores on standardized tests throughout schooling. It was obvious pretty quickly that she was different.

You mentioned this story.

One of my closest friends in high school had an IQ around 145, a 4.00+ GPA and got a full scholarship into Stanford. Within a year and a half, he had spent all his time playing cards and shooting pool and got himself kicked out. He ended up being a mail carrier for the US Postal Service his entire life. Mail carrier is a perfectly honorable job, but he could have been a nuclear physicist if he had wanted to. Most people can't be a nuclear physicist regardless of how much they want to.

I can so relate to that story and my daughter. Her gifts are so profound yet that is not the life she wants for herself. I didn't get it until one day I overheard a conversation between her and my dying mother.

My mom asked my daughter what she was going to do with her life. She responded that she wasn't sure, so she wanted to travel, talk to other people and basically experience life. My mom had the biggest smile, and said "you are a smart one".
Maybe the smartest ones know the system is too jacked up, so they really just want the most simple life.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
Aww that is nice to read but I just type by feeling, from heart to fingers. Sure grammatical fails sneak in, I know it. Not sure I just made one.

Glad you found purpose in life and the fire within you to grab it with both hands.

And my two feet working three pedals at the same time

Fire is the best word I used this myself to describe it. Maybe I am just undiagnosed hyperactive though. I sleep like 4.5h a night, is enough to keep me charged and going energetic.

Secret is multitasking where it makes sense and avoiding unnecessary travel. Multitasking is just iterating through tasks like pizza slices and trade off in speed most of the time. But if you find the golden middle by instinct or logic, you can get # done in parallel with little overhead. Like timing washing machine and tumbler, that means turning one one at a specific time so they finish at the exact same time. Clocking them in.

And then learn years later there is a timer for just that

Also there is different intelligence like emotional, logical, street smartness, farmers smartness.. not the official names probably.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Rule number one never text and drink at the same time, the next day you have more regrets than going to the bar and waking up with a strange person in your bed.

Rule number two. Never read a funny post with a mouth full of coffee, it is hard to sop it out of the keyboard.

Rule number 3: Necessary exemptions solidify and show the sense behind most rules

edit on 13-4-2022 by TDDAgain because: most, not all

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There are 3 types of people in this world.

Those that are stupid

and

Those that are not.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I tried to join RN3 but it told me they weren't taking any new members 😔

top topics

<< 1   >>

join