It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im stupid and I know I am.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would consider myself of low education, but with decent morals.......I sometimes have a few beers and post stupid things but I think my intelligence has grown a lot by conversing (did I just post that word..? 😱) with this community......

Has anyone else joined this site and improved their QI......😬

or at least have a broader take on life that its not so politically as one sided as you may think......or even if the left/right narrative is there to keep us from uniting as a 'human' peoples.....?

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy
There's a big difference between stupidity and ignorance. You are not stupid, but you might be ignorant of some things, as we all are. Stupid people are either unable or unwilling to learn. That you wrote the OP shows you are not stupid.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I've learned many things here , probably why I've stuck around so long .... it's a continuing process.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

ATS: Where people are allowed to say the quiet part out loud, and not get banned!

Yes, I have broadened my perspective here!

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
learning all the time now.....I hated school and the 'this is what it is' attitude....
a reply to: Klassified

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am semi-educated. So far it has been over rated. It is only beneficial for minimal monetary gain. You can learn theory all you want. Once you go into practice it is nothing like they tell you in school. To a small degree yes. Are the foundations important? Yes. Is my life experience and self education more valuable? I believe so to an extent. Without the foundation, I may not look further into a subject.

Intelligence is not just a school thing. I say this as a person studying to be a teacher. People are intelligent in so many ways. When you see someone who can play a piano very well. The response might be, that you had tried but it was too hard. That person has intelligence musically. They may however not know how to boil a pot of water and you are a chef.

This site, and the lovely participants here,( and I mean ALL of you), have expanded my desire for knowledge and self growth outside of formal education. I love to learn. I like to see others opinions and ideas. I learn to grow.

Stupidity is a negative self thought. Ignorance is a positive word that means that you just do not know something yet.

Look up multiple intelligence theory.
edit on 4 12 2022 by cre8chaos because: Link did not post properly (sad panda)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I usually say the loud part loud and the quiet part loud πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ a reply to: new_here

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A negative self thought........?? I didnt even consider it that way......I thought that was just the way my brain was like it was.......

a reply to: cre8chaos

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I proudly tell people that I was in the slow kids class in school as dyslexia was not really understood when I was a child ,plus I wrote with my left hand from right to left which went down like a lead balloon with the old teachers I had then ,my left hand was tied behind my back and I was forced to write with my right hand .

I hated school in a big way and rarely went after I was 12 years old I would rather go to work which I did and was doing 50 hrs a week at that age , they did not seem to mind that I turned up 1 day a week just to catch up with my friends ,so I always describe myself as a Functioning idiot with spell check .

But it never ceases to amaze me of how knowledgeable a lot of the members here are over many varied subjects and what you can learn and pick up rather than stare at a piece of furniture in the corner many call a television .

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Not my IQ, not sure how to reflect and measure that now, since it's intrinsic, but my conversational skills took off. When I first joined in 2019 I could understand English but hardly formulate a coherent sentence. Back then I was thrown into cold water by life and first time since a few years, I had to treat water intellectually myself, again.

It's not about how much education you got. It's what you do with it and build upon yourself. I myself was literally asleep for the good part of the last decade. Living my life day in and out and only getting new "education" from things like TV or magazines. Then a loved, very strong person was ripped out of our lives and there was a void or hole that had to be filled.

This place and some special people here helped me with that so much. It felt like rubbing a fogged windshield free of fog. Like lifting a veil and I do not mean that in a conspiracy way. But the possibilities I missed out, the things to discover and now the pointe of my text: I had to learn to learn again.

And each day I learned that, I put more skills into my box. Back then I was slaving cakes and confectionary in a bakery. I quit my job due to the circumstances back then. Only a few weeks later, I applied in a company that managed the power grid. They threw everything at me and I sucked it up like a sponge.

Three years, two months and sixteen days later, from that point in time, I am now working for myself, made my vehicle mechanics master degree. And I am NOT intelligent in picking up things explained to me in real time, most of the time. I need to look at things myself.

Maybe you are like me and just need a wakeup or a reason, a challenge to overcome. And then you discover you are actually a "warrior", someone that can get things done where other's would not even think about trying giving effort. This site and English friends helped me a lot. Granted, my English is not the best but it's sufficient to have nice conversations (still a monologue though). With different people from different countries.

That feels very liberating to me and I consider it something special. My horizon is a lot wider because of sites like ATS and recently RN3.

Add: And Brave spellcheck helps me a lot

edit on 12-4-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ATS does have some good info at times, but for anyone working on creative endeavors; it's a priceless resource; for inspiration alone it's worth it's weight in gold.

And aside from the quality inspiration; the cookies are to die for.
edit on 12-4-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
I would consider myself of low education, but with decent morals.......I sometimes have a few beers and post stupid things but I think my intelligence has grown a lot by conversing (did I just post that word..? 😱) with this community......

or at least have a broader take on life that its not so politically as one sided as you may think......or even if the left/right narrative is there to keep us from uniting as a 'human' peoples.....?

I believe it is wise to always be the stupidest person in the room....so you can learn from others. Always surround yourself with super intelligent people!
Conversing with others is great brain exercise, as is debate and research in order to debate others.
This is a great place to exercise the brain......and exhaust it.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

As a member who is unarguably 1 rung above a full fledged moron, i can only tell you this.

I used to be a complete moron!

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy

Has anyone else joined this site and improved their QI...

No. Because of the conversations here, my IQ is constantly going down.

If it goes on like this, I won't be able to tell a banana from a watermelon in the end.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I have improved my comms since joining many years ago....

Just like not opening my mouth without thinking first, I have learned not to hit reply without reading my own responses first.

And remembering I will never have learned all I need to, and embrace my continuing failures as a reminder.

I also learned not to be political or religious, and just do BELIEF.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

My first college degree is in Psychology, which means that I studied this subject quite extensively at one time (many years ago).

The textbook definition of intelligence is "the capacity for complex thought". Complex thoughts are thoughts that have a lot of moving parts interacting with each other. As a practical matter, a high capacity for complex thought means the ability to use abstract thought inherent in language and mathematics as "power tools" for complex reasoning. That's why IQ tests put a lot of emphasis on language skills and mathematics.

Having a high IQ means that someone can reason faster, deeper, and more extensively than someone with a lower IQ on some particular problem.

Your IQ does not change very much with age, one way or the other. Education makes someone more knowledgeable, but doesn't make you think faster or deeper.

However, there are several things that having a high IQ does NOT mean.

Having a high IQ does not necessarily mean that you apply your intelligence to anything useful or profound. One of my closest friends in high school had an IQ around 145, a 4.00+ GPA and got a full scholarship into Stanford. Within a year and a half, he had spent all his time playing cards and shooting pool and got himself kicked out. He ended up being a mail carrier for the US Postal Service his entire life. Mail carrier is a perfectly honorable job, but he could have been a nuclear physicist if he had wanted to. Most people can't be a nuclear physicist regardless of how much they want to.

Having a high IQ does not mean you are always right in every thing you say. Highly intelligent people will usually have a well reasoned position on most subjects that can still be flat out wrong and uninformed.

Having a high IQ does not make someone a good person or bad person, morally. I used to think that someone had to have a high IQ to be a highly moral person, but the research doesn't support that idea. Very intelligent people can be entirely narcissistic and low intelligence people can be saints, and vice versa.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I was born a seer of knowledge and truth.

Not really, i owe it all to ATS and weed.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

What an inspirational post.

Your English is far better than the vast majority of native speakers on here, me included by the look of things.

Glad you found purpose in life and the fire within you to grab it with both hands.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Your NOT stupid.
You belong to the best damn dysfunctional family there is on the internet!
Being part of this community means you are fairly intelligent. So much so that you realize the MSM can’t be trusted, so you came here for alternate news consumption

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Your NOT stupid.
You belong to the best damn dysfunctional family there is on the internet!
Being part of this community means you are fairly intelligent. So much so that you realize the MSM can’t be trusted, so you came here for alternate news consumption

You're*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join