It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson is in Kyiv for Zelensky meeting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has traveled to Kyiv for face to face talks with Vlodomyr Zelensky , the meeting comes after Johnson announced £100m worth of weapons and equipment for Ukraine.

I'm not BoJo's biggest fan but tip my hat to him for having the balls to go over in person to show solidarity with Zelensky and the people of Ukraine.

"Right now a visit of Boris Johnson in Kyiv started from one-on-one meeting with President Zelenskiy," Andriy Sybiha,
deputy head of Ukraine's president office, said on Facebook.

A Downing Street spokesperson said the PM was making the trip "in a show of solidarity with the Ukrainian people".

"They will discuss the UK's long term support to Ukraine and the PM will set out a new package of financial and military aid," the spokesperson added.

Mr Johnson's surprise trip comes soon after the UK pledged to send armoured vehicles to Ukraine for the first time as part of a new £100m package.
news.sky.com...

edit on 9-4-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
How did he get there ? Pretty damn brave flying in and out if so wow

Not sure could be a stupid move what if he's killed ?
edit on 9-4-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This article has a photo of them meeting in a safe bunker.

www.dw.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I doubt the SAS will let that happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'd rather he concentrate on the UK and the problems we face. We shouldn't be sending anything other than humanitarian aid like food and clothes. I'm sure our own MIC will be happy though, they can shift some weapons, vitue signal, and Boris can wallow in a photo op.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
All of the UK,EU, US, and NATO equipment moved to the Ukraine must come with technicians or instructors, a Russia attack could trigger a NATO response.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I'd rather he concentrate on the UK and the problems we face.

The problems we face are partially a result of the ongoing situation in Ukraine , I'm happy for him to take the initiative and thumb his nose at Vlad and his war machine.

edit on 9-4-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Johnson Brave?. The guy hid in a fridge to escape scrutiny from the media.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And I'm happy to thumb my nose at the idea of Johnson going to Ukraine.

edit on 9-4-2022 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Nice to see the Scots being typically Scottish.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

I think these meetings have all been by train.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'd rather he concentrate on the UK and the problems we face.

The problems we face are partially a result of the ongoing situation in Ukraine ,

That everybody leaves out the west had plenty of role in causing.

Everybody's giving kudos to these politicians for volunteering their money to fight a foreign war when they should be very angry that "diplomats" were unable to solve the problem before it happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Nice to see the Scots being typically Scottish.

Taciturn and moody lol

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Guess you missed the diplomatic efforts to avert the invasion in the months before it happened and the lies from the Kremlin that they had no intention of it happening until it happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Guess you missed the diplomatic efforts to avert the invasion in the months before it happened and the lies from the Kremlin that they had no intention of it happening until it happened.

Should have been working on averting it for YEARS, not months

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has traveled to Kyiv for face to face talks with Vlodomyr Zelensky , the meeting comes after Johnson announced £100m worth of weapons and equipment for Ukraine.

Thank you for answering a question that was asked yesterday - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
No fan of boris,even though I did give him a chance when he became PM.
But-his response to the Ukraine invasion has been more supportive than some EU nations.

That at least proves we can still help our allies and friends in Europe even after Brexit,much to the annoyance of those who wished to stay in the EU no doubt.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I didn't miss the -failed- diplomatic attempts where NATO was constantly dangled over Ukraine. Nobody missed it, including Putin. This has been years of rhetoric and people unwilling to make realistic concessions. Putin isn't right, he's just not my leader.

If somebody wrecks my car I'm sure as hell not going to thank them for fixing it with my money.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I heard about this. I always thought the guy was a complete clown, but I actually have some respect for him now for doing it.

Reality is though, Russia wouldn’t have the balls to take him out. It would make him a martyr and just force Britain and it’s allies to crack down so hard on Russia that they’d have no hand left, except nuclear war, which they don’t want anymore than we do.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I heard about this. I always thought the guy was a complete clown, but I actually have some respect for him now for doing it.

Reality is though, Russia wouldn’t have the balls to take him out. It would make him a martyr and just force Britain and it’s allies to crack down so hard on Russia that they’d have no hand left, except nuclear war, which they don’t want anymore than we do.

No One's figured this circus out yet, so, yeah, keep cheering for Boris, Joe, Hunter, NATO, all the participants that keep sending money and weapons and any other tangible item to Ukraine which will be immediately laundered into cash or sold on the black market. Yeah Boris et al will be smiling from ear to ear with their pockets full of pounds or dollars or whatever else they are laundering it into. It will end when it ends and people will be found out and all will be covered up as usual.
Keep cheering for them! Think about these criminals when you go to buy your next groceries or fill your vehicle with petrol. Don't you wish you had some weapons or tax monies to send to the poor Ukrainians?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join