It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people with IQs of 140 - 200 think?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

We all are born with this abilitly of "knowing", but most of us lose our connection to it.

You my friend are confusing IQ with spiritual wisdom.

It is a fallacy to think they are separate. We are trained to believe they are separate, which is often why most people to the right of the bell curve feel like f*k ups. But, I'm of the opinion that 'wisdom', spiritual or otherwise, is what knowledge strives for.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
When I was in 6th grade, my brother and I were IQ tested by a Dr. Karen Rogers. I can't remember the tests used (probably just a standard IQ test), but I do remember that she was fairly well known in the field of gifted education and gave us these tests free of charge.

I tested at 190, and my brother tested at 208. I'm not sure of the accuracy of those, and am fairly certain that after we topped out the tests they used a system of approximation, but at the very least our IQs are over 160.

How do I think? Very detached, objectively, logically. If something makes logical sense, there's no reason to disbelieve it... despite the often stupid rules of society. I think of life as though it were a game of chess... just a game of chess that I don't have the motivation to win at.

(Speaking of which, chess is my favorite game. I could play it all day and not get tired of it.)

My beliefs... I'm an agnostic. If one bases one's beliefs on only the scientific method, there's no other possible view. There is no positive evidence of a God, and yet I can find no negative proof, either. And there are good arguments on both sides.

I overthink everything- except when I'm with a girl. Then my brain just freezes and I turn into a jabbering mental patient.

How do I feel? I really don't, that often. Though on the rare occasions I become emotional, it kicks into overdrive and I seem to lose all sense of logic. I really don't care about anyone outside of my immediate family and a few friends, and even though I care about my friends I also use them to achieve my goals.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My IQ's 200 something. Same as everyone else but passionate very much so. I also like the Mayans(I don't that has anything to do with it but just putting it out there)
Oh yeah and I almost forgot I SUCK AT MATH even with an IQ like this. I've got 4 god damneds IQ tests and they keep rising then going down then rising.
My IQs so high! - Thats how some ppl think

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
IQ of 200 something? Wow. But then if you suck at math maybe you misplaced a decimal point or something?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
When I was in 6th grade, my brother and I were IQ tested by a Dr. Karen Rogers. I can't remember the tests used (probably just a standard IQ test), but I do remember that she was fairly well known in the field of gifted education and gave us these tests free of charge.

I tested at 190, and my brother tested at 208.

I spoke to Dr. Rogers concerning her data collection set, there have been very few definitive studies on IQ's and hers was the most recent, and the best. If you carry their 28 year study of 5200 children out to the rest of the world, then you and your brother are in a rare category indeed. They only found 67 children in 28 years that had IQ's over 200. That means there are only 2.4 born each year worldwide! Yet this tread has attracted many of them.

One interesting thing to note about High IQ's and genius is that there is no real corollary between them. For example, most people would be very hard pressed to name 100 people they felt were geniuses, throughout all history.
Also, very few could name anybody they know personally, that has a IQ over 145.

Gifted Children

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Red_Dog_BOM]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
(1) If something makes logical sense, there's no reason to disbelieve it...

(2) My beliefs... I'm an agnostic. If one bases one's beliefs on only the scientific method, there's no other possible view. There is no positive evidence of a God, and yet I can find no negative proof, either. And there are good arguments on both sides.

well, not picking on you or anything, just making observations - but.....

(1) If the logic itself is questioned there is usually a different conclusion.

(2) I'm really sorry here, but that sounds very close-minded. Personally I'm gnostic, but wouldn't a Christain say "If one bases one's beliefs on only the Christian method, there's no other possible view.", while a muslim would use the term "Islam" and a Hebrew use the term "Judaic" while a Hindu would.....etc ?

Personally, I feel our corporate-sponsored sciences are doing more harm than good these days anyway, and are definitely not the end-all-to-be-all (their works seem to go only to that golden effin calf). Aren't our 'sciences' precisely the body that is killing the bees, subsequently the entire hu man race ? The same body that tells us that three buildings smashed to pieces and dissappeared, quantum-like, into their footprint because of , well, a plane and a fire ?

Besides, it is proven to me - beyond any doubt - that concepts like Apollo pulling the sun across the sky in a chariot belongs in the same category as flat worlds and big bangs - myth.

The sciences utilize solely a linear and body-centered paradigm for interpretation of phenomena, which is a paradigm where alternatives can and do exist.

Subsequently I think the sciences are just another religion (manoman, can I see flak in my future for that, lol). It is a system based upon a set of beliefs - mathematics and the cartesian system and the 'objective method' are examples of these 'beliefs' and each of these examples are not infallible.

As well, I have been agnostic for most of my life - and found out that all an agnostic is, is someone who hasn't yet received answers to their questions.

I see too that you have joined the same day you posted this. If you are a troll (as I know the definition), then this post here will probably be followed by a whole pile of dis-connected gibberish. But if you (and this one I hope actually) truly are genius, then this post will be researched, maybe even as diligently as I have done.

Either way, take care, keep your stick on the ice....

[edit on 2-7-2007 by effinlunatic]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOMOne interesting thing to note about High IQ's and genius is that there is no real corollary between them.

How is genius then defined ? I was at that site (very interesting) and could not find a proper definition.

I am curious because there is stated a similarity between high IQ children and their parents and grandparents even. Personally, all of my sisters are very intelligent, as are my parents - but in my extended family this also holds true. My Aunts and Uncles (predominantly on Father's side) are also very intelligent (mostly teaching and engineering), as well as the majority of my cousins on this same side.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by effinlunatic]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i have an IQ of about 80 or so. (tied with forrest gump) and i think about rainbows, kittens and flowers... ..for algernon.

The first thing I thought when reading this thread OP was "here comes a lot of horn tooting" and lo and behold the first replies you get are from mods waxing their shiny moustaches of intellect. now, maybe you are all geniuses and i'm way off base but this reminds me of studies where people are asked what they believe their intelligence level to be and most respond "above average." How can most be above average? Wouldn't that.. I dunno.. eliminate the average?

This kind of topic tends to be very self serving.

abcnews.go.com...

www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hummm, well do you mean before or after the 1970's ?????

Its all potential and the majority of tests were created by men for men.... Not always so accurate for females taking their tests.

Good thread its fun to listen to how the smart people view high intelligence verses great or outstanding intuition.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

The first thing I thought when reading this thread OP was "here comes a lot of horn tooting" and lo and behold the first replies you get are from mods waxing their shiny moustaches of intellect.

Like I said, it's funny that so many people have "genius'" IQs when the world average IQ is only about 85 or so. I find it hilarious indeed.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I kinda stay outside myself It's like I'm connected by a small thread moving a miniture of myself and prep all my actions and senarios and responses .

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Here is the average IQ in Europe:

Only approximately 1% of the people in the world have an IQ of 135 or over
Wow

I guess all of that 1% must post here at ATS!!!

[

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
IQ of over 200. Get real buddy. My IQ is 145 ftw.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You all are not listening. The population having a freaking IQ of 135 and over is almost nil!! I don't know where some of you are getting your IQ tests from, but there is something faulty somewhere. Hell, I am pretty damn intelligent and my IQ is only about 120.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by effinlunatic

How is genius then defined ? I was at that site (very interesting) and could not find a proper definition.

Going in memory here, but the paper they wrote referred to the standard Stanford/Binet test for IQ. It is only and IQ test. I don't know of one for testing genius.

It was also observed that the gaps between children's mental ages and their chronological ages widened as the children got older. The 6-year-old with the mental age of 8 had a mental age of 12 by the time he was 9 and a mental age of 16 by the time he was12. Similarly, the 6-year-old with a mental age of 4 had a mental age of 6 when he was 9 and a mental age of 8 when he was 12. In 1912, the German psychologist, William Stern, noticed that even though the gap between mental age and chronological age widens as a child matures, the ratio of mental age to chronological age remains constant . This constant ratio of mental age divided by chronological age was given the name "Intelligence Quotient". Actually, the intelligence quotient is defined as 100 times the Mental Age (MA) divided by the Chronological Age (CA).

IQ = 100 MA/CA.

I think the term used is ratio IQs. Here is a better description of that term:
Ratio vs Deviations

There has always been much controversy surrounding the race and gender bia's of these tests, so one can always take umbrage with the results if you fall into one of those categories.

IQ tests have been under attack since their inception. It is, perhaps, counter-intuitive and unpopular that a test requiring an hour or two can establish the upper bounds of one's intellect for a lifetime. However, although they're not infallible they do a remarkably good job of generating a score that will remain more or less constant throughout life.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You all are not listening. The population having a freaking IQ of 135 and over is almost nil!! I don't know where some of you are getting your IQ tests from, but there is something faulty somewhere. Hell, I am pretty damn intelligent and my IQ is only about 120.

It's not nil, but it is a vanishingly small portion of the human population.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think people correlate intelligence with "smartness." It's not really the same thing. Intelligence is really something you are born with. You either have it, or you don't. "Smartness" is something that is either gained or, in the vast majority of cases, not gained throughout a lifetime.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM

It's not nil, but it is a vanishingly small portion of the human population.

Yeah, it's about 1% of the population.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ya see, I think the large number of individuals with high IQ's, on this site, is totally logical!

Please, everybody, don't take offense, but this site is filled with loonies. Loonies that are interested in all kinds of fringe-sciences, alternative news, forbidden areas of the mind and, well, really crazy thought patterns.

Like searches for like.

This site only has 4 thousand some odd members. That's not a lot, when we are talking about the entire internet population.

Personally, if I was TRYING to catch a bunch of intelligent crack-pots, this site is the EXACT bait I would use.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is the average IQ in Europe:

Only approximately 1% of the people in the world have an IQ of 135 or over
Wow

I guess all of that 1% must post here at ATS!!!

[

I like you. we're very much on the same page.

down with all the malarkey and self-aggrandizing. for so many "geniuses" in the world to all find their way to one thread you would think it would be darn near statisically impossible to have them all posting on one website in one thread wouldn't ya?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join