It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smith Assaults Chris Rock on Live TV at the Oscars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Will did not win.

That was a big ol’ man slap.
If he won, Rock would not be standing with a dumb look.

I do think Rock missed out on some of the greatest comedic comeback of all time.

When Will Smith said “Keep my wife out of your **** mouth”
Rock should have said “ I guess I’m the only one he want’s to keep out of his wife’s mouth!”

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Will did not win.

That was a big ol’ man slap.
If he won, Rock would not be standing with a dumb look.

I do think Rock missed out on some of the greatest comedic comeback of all time.

When Will Smith said “Keep my wife out of your **** mouth”
Rock should have said “ I guess I’m the only one he want’s to keep out of his wife’s mouth!”

Damn! That's harsh and funny as heck. Lmao... I didn't go there.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼😆😆

Edit: they both were unprofessional in my opinion. And cinamatically I like both's films, but that was live. People might have been watching.
Lol..

youtu.be...

edit on 29-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Bringittothelight

Well, maybe if you were a just little more popular, you could also slap a dude in the face and totally get away with it as well.

Law based on popularity?

You really would not like that at all.

P

Oh haha, I get it. I’m unpopular so it would suck for me... how creative.

Seriously though, I’m not talking about law, I’m talking about social pecking order.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Edit: they both were unprofessional in my opinion. And cinamatically I like both's films, but that was live. People might have been watching.

Yes but this is pretty much what all these shows have turned into. The class is gone.
Most people aren’t watching anymore. Maybe it was staged, but half staged. Maybe only one party knew.

I think Will Smith has some emotional issues he needs to deal with. I think Chris should have at the very least slapped back, but he was a bigger person and didn’t retaliate. Can’t say I would have done the same. Actually I know I wouldn’t have been able. I have the Fight gene. I was also raised that I never strike first, but I better strike back if I’m hit…

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Now, THAT, would have been a mic drop and a curtain drop at the same time. Smith who was already in ''macho man'' mode would not have been able to stop himself from running back on stage and the whole show would have turned into a brawl.

Meshing with my earlier comment in this thread, I have now come across this statement by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

“By hitting Rock, he announced that his wife was incapable of defending herself — against words,” he states. “This patronizing, paternal attitude infantilizes women and reduces them to helpless damsels needing a Big Strong Man to defend their honor least they swoon from the vapors. If he was really doing it for his wife, and not his own need to prove himself, he might have thought about the negative attention this brought on them, much harsher than the benign joke. That would have been truly defending and respecting her.”

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mike Tyson for Oscars host 2023.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Only if he says the exact same joke... lol.
edit on 29-3-2022 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes but this is pretty much what all these shows have turned into. The Class is gone.

Summed up in one sentence.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Could you imagine?
He's training now to take on one of the "Paul brothers". Jake I think.
www.dexerto.com...

Jake Paul says he’s ready to fight Mike Tyson in $300 million event

I like Mike!

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Can't help wondering where security were.

If one of us tried to get up on stage and slap a celebrity you can bet we'd be grabbed before we got near to him. If we did pull it off there's no chance we'd be going back to our seats all comfortable and shouting .

Probably get dragged out and beaten up by about eight giant guys then arrested.

Hmmmmm.

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Doctor Grande' is pretty good.

posted on Apr, 1 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Whats up with Rocks left foot at 16, 17 seconds..kinda like he's planting it in anticipation...or was it a holding his ground instinct? watch close..its just one little step with that left at 17 seconds on the vid in the op..Ive watched several different recordings of it..someone here with more body language expertise than me weigh in if you will..maybe a martial artist amongst us...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join