It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smith Assaults Chris Rock on Live TV at the Oscars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It’s a good thing none of them are role models for my kids or never spoke out about black on black violence ahem will. To think this guy portrays him self in the last movie to be a dad with strong values raising two girls to be tennis super stars. Guess we now know what he really is.
edit on 28-3-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Did Chris Rock get a Concussion?

Irony.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This was a way of getting more people interested in watching the Oscars next year. Maybe they will have a cat fight next year and dresses will get torn off. Plan on seeing something controversial next year that is even more impressive. They are very good actors....remember that.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
If it was staged you would have Expected it to be kinda funny... like that thing with Eminem and Sacha.

But this wasn’t funny, it was actually kind of cringe. That’s what makes me lean towards the opinion that it was probably real.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Apparently, theater actors are saying Chris Rock triggered "something" when he said "Macbeth" on stage.

As Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Lynn Nottage tweeted, "The minute Chris Rock said Macbeth on stage, my husband turned to me and said, 'this is not going to go well for him.'"

So when Chris Rock came onstage at the Oscars last night and uttered the word "Macbeth," saying "Denzel—Macbeth—loved it," referring to Joel Coen's The Tragedy of Macbeth starring Denzel Washington as Macbeth, it all devolved from there.

www.msn.com... &cvid=9ded8724113a4422b60026b66a2e4279
edit on 28-3-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Man, if I ever slap someone and get arrested, I want some of you on my jury. You can see something, the lead up, the action, and me talking smack after and you'll still find me not guilty. lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Apparently, theater actors are saying Chris Rock triggered "something" when he said "Macbeth" on stage.

Hilarious

Black Adder reference. noice.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: new_here
Did no one else notice that Will Smith was laughing his head off at the joke whilst seated?

We all noticed it, did you notice Jada's reaction?
And now you know who runs their relationship (although if you know a bit about their relationship, that didn't come as a surprise)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Man, if I ever slap someone and get arrested, I want some of you on my jury. You can see something, the lead up, the action, and me talking smack after and you'll still find me not guilty. lol.

Right haha , what I’ve learned from this thread is 60 % of people think you can assault someone for saying something they don’t like . Chris rock just told a joke and it was a good joke . Will Smith is psychotic . If I went around punching everyone that offended me everyday I’d have to hit 300 people . That’s not how society works Jesus . If you are defending will smith then you are scum , You are cowardly and moronic. In America you say anything you please . If you’re Chris rock then you say what you want . If you go out in public and your feelings get hurt and you need to assault someone then you should never go out because you’re a danger to the public because you can’t control your god damn self ,
The fundamental basis and rules haven’t changed that much . I wish we weren’t so woke where we think wr can go around punching whoever we want because of our feelings

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bringittothelight

Well, maybe if you were a just little more popular, you could also slap a dude in the face and totally get away with it as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Bringittothelight

Well, maybe if you were a just little more popular, you could also slap a dude in the face and totally get away with it as well.

Law based on popularity?

You really would not like that at all.

P

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Nah man, the only way I’d find you innocent of slapping someone is if you did it with a metal gauntlet and said immediately after wards and I quote “ I demand satisfaction for this outrage!” And then either slapped guys accepts your challenge or doesn’t. Then again that’s just me though and I’m an asdhole that thinks pistol dueling should come back. 😃

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Swords rather than pistols. Swords are more personal especially when you twist after the thrust and widen the cut.

P

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Swords rather than pistols. Swords are more personal especially when you twist after the thrust and widen the cut.

P

Different strokes for different folks I suppose, then again I’m open to the challenger picking the type of combat so in my world nothings off the table.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Incorrect, Jada Pinkett is not Will Smith's wife she is an entity all her own in the entertainment industry. She was in the crowd thus fair game. Will Smith should have accepted that.

Does anybody think Kevin Hart likes being small, did Chris Farley like being fat? The vast majority of comedy is about pointing out the oddities in people. Either comedy can exist or not, people will be offended either way.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Bigburgh

Incorrect, Jada Pinkett is not Will Smith's wife she is an entity all her own in the entertainment industry. She was in the crowd thus fair game. Will Smith should have accepted that.

Does anybody think Kevin Hart likes being small, did Chris Farley like being fat? The vast majority of comedy is about pointing out the oddities in people. Either comedy can exist or not, people will be offended either way.

Mike Tyson once said and I quote, “you always got a plan till you get punched in the face…”

They are entertainers they act like assholes, the badger is amused, and I didn’t have to watch a chitty 3 hour movie or pay for it, yay 😀
edit on 29-3-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Slap looked fake to me... didnt even hit Rock by the look of it... that was fake but the swearing afterwoods was for real... I think this was mre f a warning so Rock doesn't do it again.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

it was just a joke.

(a joke that's getting a whole lot funnier with time)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Smith first laughed at the joke. The show went on.
Mrs. Smith did not laugh. The show went on.
Smith hit the stage then the smackdown.
Rock recovers and threats it as a joke.
He then struggles to find another recovery line to help keep things moving.
r
Smith yells about keeping his wifes name out of his mouth, Very macho.
Rock replies
Smith then says the same words over again but this time like he is repeating his ''lines'' because a director wants more emphasis on the ''Out cho mouth''.

The director here, to my mind was Smiths own macho brain. He could not step down and return to lighter banter as Rock was attempting to do.

So yes, I think it was scripted. Scripted in the role that Smith had chosen in reaction to the moment which was the macho ''defend your lady'' role. Which of course is BS because his wife is herself an independent celebrity who for better or worse accepted the notoriety and of course potential ridicule inherent in such celebrity.

If anything, if there truly was unexceptable insult intended on Rocks part, which I seriously doubt, it should have been her to walk up and slap him, then a nice bow to him while turning to the crowd with a dainty curtsy.

Instead there was grand immaturity displayed by both of the Smiths.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, Will won.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join