It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Videos of Russia Ukraine War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: Waterglass

The Russians weren't given appropriate cold weather gear and many of them have been getting frostbite. My only question at this point is "Did Wile E. Coyote plan the invasion or did someone pocket the cold weather gear money?'

Quite possibly both, IMHO.

Actually, there's another element of this conflict that seems curious to me that I have not seen discussed anywhere.

Some of the first Russian troops into Ukraine were contracted recruits who were told they were going to the border with Ukraine for "training". When they got there, their commanding officers tore up their contracts and issued new ones requiring them to go into Ukraine to fight. We've seen Chechens and Putin's Wagner group of mercenaries brought in to fight and to assassinate Zelenskyy. There is talk of Syrian, Libyan, and Belorussian military and mercenaries being recruited. There was a report a few days ago that cadets were being brought in (presumably from military training academies) and put immediately into combat. There have been reports that Russia has made only a small fraction of their military aircraft fleet available for the Ukraine conflict, which is probably why they've been unable to establish air dominance.

Put this all together, and it says that Putin is unwilling or unable or possibly both, to commit Russia's main military forces to this particular fight. At the same time, he and his government insist that this is not a "War", but a "Special Military Operation". I suspect but cannot prove that these facts are related.

According to my reading of the Russian constitution, only the Duma (the Russian Congress) can authorize the deployment of the Russian military outside the boundaries of Russia, and they have not done that. This is similar to the clause in the US constitution that only Congress can declare war. Putin was able to get the Duma to pass a bill recognizing the breakaway Ukrainian provinces as independent entities, but there was no approval for deploying the main Russian military into Ukraine. As I understand it, there were about 200,000 Russian fighters assembled on the Ukrainian border prior to this little adventure and they have not been replenished out of the main Russian military reserves.

I have been unable to find out what the definition of "Special Military Operation" (SMO) is in Russian law, but throughout most of the world, when the word "Special" is attached to some kind of government operation, it implies that the activity is being conducted under the authority of a nation's intelligence services, and not the regular military. For example, when the CIA and MI6 overthrew Mossadegh in 1953 and installed the Shah of Iran, that was a "Special" operation.

In the US, Special Operations are authorized by the National Security Council, of which the President is the chairman. It looks like the Russian structure is basically the same. Just before Putin gave the OK to begin the operation, he held a Russian Security Council meeting on February 21 in which he got everyone on the Council to agree unanimously to the action. This is how he got his war without calling it a war and thereby avoided a vote in the Duma.

If this is true, then the SMO is being funded out of "black" funds and not the normal Russian military budget and I think this could explain why the Russian offensive has not been more effective.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Same here in Britain indeed was thinking the same the other day, there hardly any footage being shown of actual fighting going on by the MSM. So strange when during Falklands, Afghan and Iraq 1 and 2 we were shown footage pretty much constantly on the news channels

They can't fake it.
Russian architecture and very few Mosques .
I guess they could break out some old WW 2 footage from The History Channel .

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's mind numbing to watch these armchair military tacticians act like they know what's going on in an active war zone.

It's easy to say "epic fail" when you see a few cold war era soviet tanks stuck in the mud or blown up with no context. It's harder to say that when you know the majority of the Ukrainian armored units are old soviet era tanks too.

The only footage we in the west are allowed to see is of Ukraine winning, and the lack of actual combat footage would indicate it's not going as good as the media would lead us to believe.

Have you ever seen combat footage of American troops losing a battle in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's not that it doesn't exist...

It's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't drinking the MSM kool-aid that the Ukrainian military is resorting to tactics employed by the taliban. The winning side generally doesn't resort to such tactics. The secondary explosions at the mall would indicate a large ammunition stockpile confirming these tactics being deployed.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A very serious question :- if you hide fighters, ammunition, small and large weaponry in civilian buildings and areas and fire from those positions, THEN, who is to blame for the civilian deaths when those areas get attacked???? I'll give you a clue, it aint the Russians.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Winning armies don't usually arrest their generals either.
Let's just say that this invasion isn't going as smoothly as planned and has cost the Russians a hell of a lot more men and material than expected.

www.timesofisrael.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.foxnews.com...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

edit on 23-3-2022 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

the Ukrainian military is resorting to tactics employed by the taliban. The winning side generally doesn't resort to such tactics.

Yet, the Taliban has twice won a major war...
edit on 23 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Now... I want to re-iterate, that being against western media is NOT the same as being pro-russian.

It's about having the DECENCY to report FACTS and being OBJECTIVE.
Not just cherry picking every god damn thing that can

A. Show how bad the Russians are
B. Show how Russia is failing

And then leave out everything that has to do with the short comings and LIES from our own side.
It was flat out denied and the media went along with it, that the mall wasn't a military target. That it was a civilian target. Now they have been proven wrong... they have been proven liars.

When do ANY of you start to demand that the media bar is raised A LOT higher than it is?

When do you stop #ing just riding the train of "our side", man up and get some freaking integrity?

Yes, the Russians shouldn't have invaded, but Zelenskyi should also have let go of Eastern parts of Ukraine long ago.
FFS, Ukraines "minority" of Russian speaking people is 17%!
That's one 6th of the nation. Not exactly a minority.

NOW... we start diggin even more, and because the media in general is determing to be BIASED, then the balance must be found once more, by exposing as many of their lies as possible.

Maybe UKRAINE is purposely hiding among civilian targets...to get Russia to destroy them, then claim sympathy?

I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

originally posted by: jerich0
a reply to: Gin

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read... People have lost their homes, they have to go somewhere. SAFE.

To be now, that a target, with a thousand people holding up? Barbaric.

What are you talking about with a thousand people holding up?

The Mall was being used as a weapons depot. There was also a air defense missle system right up against the mall, they aren't showing that on western MSM either.

Exactly... which is why we can't trust our own media outlet.

FFS, one of our TV stations in Denmark, made a huge deal out of the report being at the scene of the bombed mall. He had been in the country for some time.
But he didn't know about the trucks? He didn't dive into a journalistic report to find out what was really going on?

That's some BS reporting, and he normally goes as "one of the better reporters". Very alarming...

You can trust US / Europe / major media as much as you could trust them for COVID.

Understanding this goes a long way...along with media, etc... GROUPthink.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

Now... I want to re-iterate, that being against western media is NOT the same as being pro-russian.

It's about having the DECENCY to report FACTS and being OBJECTIVE.
Not just cherry picking every god damn thing that can

A. Show how bad the Russians are
B. Show how Russia is failing

And then leave out everything that has to do with the short comings and LIES from our own side.
It was flat out denied and the media went along with it, that the mall wasn't a military target. That it was a civilian target. Now they have been proven wrong... they have been proven liars.

When do ANY of you start to demand that the media bar is raised A LOT higher than it is?

When do you stop #ing just riding the train of "our side", man up and get some freaking integrity?

Yes, the Russians shouldn't have invaded, but Zelenskyi should also have let go of Eastern parts of Ukraine long ago.
FFS, Ukraines "minority" of Russian speaking people is 17%!
That's one 6th of the nation. Not exactly a minority.

NOW... we start diggin even more, and because the media in general is determing to be BIASED, then the balance must be found once more, by exposing as many of their lies as possible.

Maybe UKRAINE is purposely hiding among civilian targets...to get Russia to destroy them, then claim sympathy?

I wouldn't put it past them.

Seriously though, where in the hell else are the Ukrainian military supposed to be except civilian populated areas?

They are defending there cities from invaders, which are literally populated with nothing but citizens.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I’ve never understand how people can’t see that fact.
You are literally placing your soldiers in a city filled with civilians and are surprised when those civilians get caught in the fighting.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let's invade Russia this winter on foot in shorts and flip-flops. They won't expect it, we have an element of surprise. Even better, we can lie to our soldiers about where they are going and call it a training exercise or something, and not send any food with them.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremiah33three
Let's invade Russia this winter on foot in shorts and flip-flops. They won't expect it, we have an element of surprise. Even better, we can lie to our soldiers about where they are going and call it a training exercise or something, and not send any food with them.

I like it except for the last part, I say we send food but make sure it's from 2002.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
A very serious question :- if you hide fighters, ammunition, small and large weaponry in civilian buildings and areas and fire from those positions, THEN, who is to blame for the civilian deaths when those areas get attacked???? I'll give you a clue, it aint the Russians.

Exactly, and a study performed in Ukraine in 2017 came to the conclusion that BOTH sides of the conflict in East Ukraine were occypying and seeking shelter in hospitals and schools.

What pisses me off, is how "our side" constantly are painting us in a rosy light, like we didn't do anything bad. I know the Russians don't tell the truth.

But to think that our side ONLY tells the truth is down right IGNORANT.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I think its all a stage show. Putin got the green light to go into Ukraine and this farce is designed to fake a new cold war to drive up food prices( wheat and fertilizer and cooking oil) which is a major export of both Russia and Ukraine. The elite are buying up huge tracts of farm land like crazy. War, pestilence, starvation, economic collapse.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

You may very well be right. By jacking up the price of fuel people walk and drive less, the obese loose weight and the end game is a lower carbon footprint. The mass inflation on all goods is stunning.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is not a game. This city is gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
UK Minister of Defense got pranked.
Thought he was talking to the Ukrainian PM.

When the prank caller said they would like to reinstate their nuke program, the MoD first said that the Russians would not like that, he then continued to say that the UK would support Ukraine in the choices they make....

edit on 24/3/22 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Jeremiah33three

I like it except for the last part, I say we send food but make sure it's from 2002.

I’ll one up you.

We supply them with foreign MRE’s from 2002 written in Chinese. And no can opener.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Yet, the Taliban has twice won a major war...

Yes, but one of them was against F*cking Joe Biden

So that doesnt count .........

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Putin's evil and deranged mindset...shows that if he gave any sympathy towards Ukrainian civilians, it would be shown as a sign of weakness.

Putin doesn't even feel that Ukrainian cities...should be portrayed as cities, anymore.
edit on 24-3-2022 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 24-3-2022 by Erno86 because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join