It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving UKRAINE is NOT Worth a War Between the USA and RUSSIA.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If their ICBM’s work as well as their Army.

They will probably blow themselves up.

Mostly junk I would imagine.

never underestimate russia.

grave mistake.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi

Any evidence for that? Anything at all?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Oooh. Clutches pearls!

You threatening us?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Looks like you need a history lesson son. Stop drinking the look aid and pick up a history book. a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TacoLoco75

Say what you mean. What history are you attempting to point to as a lesson in a nuclear pissing match?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
EVERYONE, from what I can tell, is trying EVERYTHING to avoid a war between NATO and Russia.

But good moral people will not allow Putin to just start taking over sovereign Countries. Some things ARE worth fighting for.

It's all up to Putin. He seems to be the one running the show right now. Take it up with him.

EVERYONE is NOT trying EVERYTHING to avoid a war between NATO/USA and RUSSIA.

Take ZELENSKY for instance: mtracey.substack.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This maybe what lights the fuse:
www.yahoo.com...

NATO nations can send jets to Ukraine;

NATO countries supporting Ukraine against the Russian invasion have a “green light” to send fighter jets as part of their military aid, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

We don't go to war over "countries". We didn't go to war in WWII over Poland, we went to war over ideals and the preservation of a way of life. If we go to war, it won't be over Ukraine, it'll be over western ideals and to preserve western democracy and the democratic way of western life.

I suppose some things are worth killing all human life for. OK.

But NOT UKRAINE.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

This maybe what lights the fuse:
www.yahoo.com...

NATO nations can send jets to Ukraine;

NATO countries supporting Ukraine against the Russian invasion have a “green light” to send fighter jets as part of their military aid, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday.

That would mean NATO is a bigger enemy to the world than Putin is.

It was easy siding with NATO against PUTIN before today.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: alphacenturi

Any evidence for that? Anything at all?

Hi, yeah sorry It was an article on cnn online and it was The US and The EU not THe UN, my mistake, they were basically discussing what would happen if he had to rule as a president in exile and they said it would probably be from Poland if he had to flee Ukraine.

It wasnt affirmed, just suggested that would be a very strong possibility

link   

Stop shouting in capitals.

While you're at it, please stop with your constant pro Putin propoganda.

In case it has escaped your attention, he's a murderous warmongering lunatic.

But carry on with your excuses and appeasement.

link   
There's this example that is used a lot when talking about moral decisions and then trying to code those decisions into AI. So for example, you're in your autonomously driving Tesla and your brakes fail. Ahead of you is a parade with the entire high school band marching at you. The only other route you can go has a mother pushing a baby in a buggy. As the coder, are you going to code the defensive AI decision to take out the baby or the band? Of course, most people will say the baby, even though thinking about hurting a baby is terrible, but most people will go for the minimum damage to humanity, right? Now, of course, there's the possibility that you're about to take out the future doctor who would have cured cancer and left ALL of humanity better off, so you're really flipping a coin on the deal.

So the whole nuclear arms race was this big chess game between two super powers and was promoted as "a deterrent to a super power getting out of hand". It could literally bridle the war horse and ride it like a lovable donkey. What it became, as we now see, is a hobble around the ankles of the western world. Instead of preventing a superpower from bullying a sovereign nation, it is preventing those, who have the ability to do so, from stopping a superpower from bullying a sovereign nation.

It is unfortunate that the western world has gotten itself in such a terrible predicament that Ukraine is the baby in the buggy. But it indeed is.
edit on 3-6-2022 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You are right

I think Ukraine is a great country. Ukrainians are warriors at heart, clearly.

Yet, because of the risk of nuclear war or large scale conventional conflict, we cannot even come close to being involved. And current involvement is already pretty darn substantial.

Arming Ukraine will only further increase the risk of Russia using nuclear weapons to achieve its objectives against Ukraine

I hope Putin loses, is overthrow and ends up in jail. But this is the real world where the bad guy not only doesn't usually get "foiled"...they're usually successful. Until we WAKE UP!!!! we will continue to navigate this issue and every other issue while being asleep at the wheel.
edit on 3/6/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Slavs have been have inter Slav disputes for thousands of years it not worth the rest of humanity being turned into glass for the sake of yet another dispute. Carewemust has a point here

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Not worth a single American life.

Nor would I expect them to get involved if Montana was attacked.

They're not listening...

THE RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR TO ITALY RAZOV ON SENDING ARMS TO UKRAINE

"We are certainly interested in ensuring that the negotiations are effective. In this context, it seems shocking that the decision to supply lethal weapons to Ukraine was taken just as the Russian and Ukrainian delegations were sitting at the table of the first round of negotiations in Gomel. In fact those weapons will be used to kill the Russian military, which, you will agree, adds further complications to the relations between states. Furthermore, it is difficult to predict in which hands these weapons will end up and against whom they may be used. "

Sergey Razov, Ambassador of the Russian Federation to Italy in an interview today with AdnKronos
Source: www-lantidiplomatico-it.translate.goog... iavano_i_negoziati/45289_45480/

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

So, to use Val's analogy we run the Mother and child over?

Me, I go for a third option; we don't rely on AI and have a human safeguard to override.

How that translates in practical terms in this real life scenario I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No war, agreed. In fact, as this conflict progresses I find myself questioning motives more and more. I really don't think Putin wants war, but he will go to war if need be. He's definitely the 'bad guy' in all this. I do not however think that we've even remotely been told the truth about anything. It seems like both sides are willing to loose a lot of citizens, and the people backing Ukraine like soros and Pelosi all the people whom I personally trust least, have some stake in this that we don't understand.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I do not agree with a US going on war with Russia and neither China, because no only it would be very unpopular but because it could become dangerous.

Is many ways to deal with Russia and China financially and economically enough to stop both of these nations from even thinking about invading another nation.

The only reason Russia got in Ukraine is because is an agenda behind it, that is why.

People still have their heads up the covid crap and fail to see that Ukraine is nothing but a deception and cover up.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

How that translates in practical terms in this real life scenario I have no idea.

I am not too sure either Freeborn but couldn't have said it better

There has got to be another way that nobody has thought of yet. A third option. I don't claim to have the answer but I have faith that a good answer is out there

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There won’t be a war between the US and Russia.

Smoke and mirrors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join