It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horizon Forbidden West

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Really surprised no one else has already posted about this game

Beautiful looking game, especially on the PS5. I may be 8-9 hours in so far, and it does seem a lot deeper than Zero Dawn. Will definitely be in the conversation later this year for GOTY

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Oh come one, this isn't a post. I love gaming but you assume everyone knows what you are talking about.
Well I don't. I could search for it but that's not what I expect to have to do when reading an opening post.
What kind of game is it, what's it about, who is it by, when did it come out? give me a link or a picture or something.
This is a comment at best and I still have no idea.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Seriously? Its the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn. Forbidden West is one of this years AAA titles.

www.playstation.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thank you for elaborating. I was mostly moaning about the shortness of your post and lack of explanation. Considering it's a new thread you are starting.
Now I could go and have a look.
Looks like a game I would play but honestly haven't heard about it. Husband says it's well known, he plays a lot of games but not this one yet.
None of us has seen even gameplay of it.
I am a Fallout Fiend and have played all of them several times, looking forward to Dying Light as I like shooting and upgrading, have played a lot of Conan and No Man's Sky etc. Why haven't I heard of the Horizon games as we have a few similar games?

So now that you put more meat in your post you just managed to show me something I would actually play. Thank you.
Just remember when you make an opening post to be aware that not everyone might instantly know what you are talking about, even if it is really known in your world.
Give links, explain a bit etc.
Saying "Really?" as if I must be stupid for not knowing is kind of illogical.

edit on 22-2-2022 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

Thank you for elaborating. I was mostly moaning about the shortness of your post and lack of explanation. Considering it's a new thread you are starting.
Now I could go and have a look.
Looks like a game I would play but honestly haven't heard about it. Husband says it's well known, he plays a lot of games but not this one yet.
None of us has seen even gameplay of it.
I am a Fallout Fiend and have played all of them several times, looking forward to Dying Light as I like shooting and upgrading, have played a lot of Conan and No Man's Sky etc. Why haven't I heard of the Horizon games as we have a few similar games?

So now that you put more meat in your post you just managed to show me something I would actually play. Thank you.
Just remember when you make an opening post to be aware that not everyone might instantly know what you are talking about, even if it is really known in your world.
Give links, explain a bit etc.
Saying "Really?" as if I must be stupid for not knowing is kind of illogical.

Apologies if I came across rude. I just figured since it's been in the news so much, that people in this forum that play games would know what it was. There are gameplay videos and more info on the game in the link I posted to decide if it's one you'd like. BTW my post was short because I was at work and didn't have much time to elaborate
edit on 2/22/2022 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I've seen a walking the walk video from Karak at ACG he really like it , looks like a cool detailed world with plenty of depth , perhaps it'll come to PC at some point so I can take a look.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I didnt want to bother making a thread but thought I would bring this game to your attention if you havent given it a go yet

Im on PC, got it last week and i'd rate it a solid 9 out of 10. It feels a bit too short but it has a unique aging thing where upon death you re-start right where you left but age greater each time too a max of 75 then a final death.
If you liked sleeping dogs fighting mechanic, it's like that on steroids mixed with the old stereotypical revenge storyline but it works because of the mythological changes mid levels etc... trippy.

Give it a shot, even if you are thinking "Nah, its a fighting game, all the same" or similar you will not be disappointed

edit on 23-2-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join