It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize assisted suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ancientlight

What's the difference between this and capital punishment by lethal injection?

That would work for me too. Problem is I would likely have to kill someone first (or steal from the government
) and be incarcerated for a looooong time , if they ever put me down.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm…are people really that invested in being spoon fed…

That they actually need daddy.gov….to tie the noose for them…?

Really…?

If peeps just want to leave on that final train…then grab life…I mean…death by the balls…and punch that e-ticket…

And do the job your damned self…

Just don’t let the door hit you in the ass…

In the immortalized words of Walter…

Shut the hell up
And
Begone…Sataaan…

I sarcastically use sarcasm…or is it snarkasm…?

YouSir

I hate when words are taken out of context. Nowhere did I say I 'need daddy gov' .
In fact the government needs to disappear altogether.
What I want is a 100% guaranteed to work method , readily available , when I need it .
This would mean assisted suicide , as doing it by myself many things can go wrong and I'd end up in wheelchair a plant or such. Plus, right now , I want to wait as long as possible for my loved ones sakes. I just want a method available that's enough for now.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Capital Punishment sometimes takes 20 years or more, before it is eventually carried out.

(Personally, I agree with that. A quick death penalty would be too easy. But that's another topic.)

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm inclined to ask: Are you alright? Do you need someone to talk with?

Thank you for asking. My life was stressful/full of anxiety before 2020 and now the stress has tripled , for obvious reasons.
I don't see the world going back to the way things were ever, and just are going to get worse.
I'm just constantly worried, stressed out , full of anxiety , you know. Worried about losing my livelihood, my home, the ability to travel to visit loved ones, just normal stability. We can also worry about accounts being frozen.
And things well never improve . I just never smile anymore , I never feel joy anymore and I certainly don't see a future.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That’s called depression, easily cured, if you want to be cured that is. Get some help.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

And things well never improve . I just never smile anymore , I never feel joy anymore and I certainly don't see a future.

For what it's worth I've been there too. (as have others on this site, probably).
Lost everything.
Nice job, nice things etc.
Just wanted to drink and drink and never wake up.

Things can and will improve with time. It's hard but you just have to keep going.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

It's about the one that assist the suicide. It's about their legal protection. Handing the pill, unplugging the machine. Enough scenarios possible where it can be construed assisted suicide.

It's about that, I thought it was cleared up by now but no one did (yet) so here is my shot at it.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm not going to pretend to know exactly how you feel, because depression and anxiety hit each of us differently, but I agree that there sure is a lot to worry about these days. It could help to find something that helps you take your mind off of everything that is going on. I took up fine cooking as a hobby and have found that it's a good distraction for me and I actually enjoy it very much. 

Cooking may not be something that you would enjoy as much as I do, but there are many other things that you could try to use as a distraction. Yoga, meditation, or even coloring can be very therapeutic. Baths, reading, arts/crafts, and video games can also help you refocus your mind for a bit. Outdoor activities are also very helpful for anxiety and depression. Hiking or just taking a walk, a bike ride, or even gardening are some good outdoor activities.

One of the best things for good mental health is getting a good night's sleep. If your mind is too active for sleep, you could try one of the over-the-counter or natural sleep aids. If they do not work, a doctor could give you something that will.

I think that I'd read that you are trying to hang in there until your daughter grows up. She will still need you when she is an adult. My best friend killed himself almost two years ago. His adult daughter is now having a very rough time because of it.

If all of the above fails, there is always professional help. I don't mean a psychiatrist to put you on pills. I think that psychiatric meds are best used as a last resort. Finding a good therapist that you can relate to would give you a great opportunity to vent your frustrations in a safe environment and get some helpful feedback.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Here in the Netherlands euthanasia is legal once two Doctors agree that you are a terminal patient with no hope. My ex girlfriend chose that path due to having stage four lung cancer. Holland is good for something. The right to die peacefully and comfortably is one of the best things we can offer to our fellow man.

It's great , but should be available under all circumstances (not just terminal).
If it's mental who's to say what's considered terminal enough?
En hoi Nederlander !

Hi Nederlander. I hate to disappoint but I'm not Dutch, I just happen to live here. I do speak your language just fine though. Echt waar!

ETA En als je wilt praten, I'm just a PM away. I can't transport myself due to being in schuldhulpsanering (what a word, what a concept) but if you wanna talk, I can talk. Fluently in Dutch. Or English. Things won't get better possibly but they probably won't get much worse. We could go to a coffeeshop to be on neutral ground.

edit on 22/2/22 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The thing that works for my depression is one of the reasons I moved to the Netherlands. Cannabis. I know they don't like it when we talk about that because delicate hearts and minds but it works for me. Doctors pills suck.

ETA Most of the school shooters one reads about are on SSRI pills. Side effects are suicidal thoughts. Yeah, go figure.
edit on 22/2/22 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The laws need to change that will allow assisted drs suicide.
If the stupid globalist 'elites' can ruin everyone's life into ruins, these same hypocrite psychopaths
can damn well enforce these law changes.
They want us all dead anyway, so why don't they ?

And how long would it take for them to deem the unworthy a public health risk and time for death?
Or you cost the country more than you make for it in taxes, again death.
Slippery slope that these sickos in charge would abuse.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I won't disagree with you. That can make a big difference for many people, but there are also those who experience worsening symptoms from it.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

For what it's worth I've been there too. (as have others on this site, probably).
Lost everything.
Nice job, nice things etc.
Just wanted to drink and drink and never wake up.

Things can and will improve with time. It's hard but you just have to keep going.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Thanks. I don't believe in bigpharma meds, & talking won't help at this point.
But thanks anyway. I'll hang in there as long as I humanly can for my child. I know it would be unbearable for him to deal with.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ok , I see np not being Dutch. Just thought I'd say hi & thanks for the pm offer

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I won't disagree with you. That can make a big difference for many people, but there are also those who experience worsening symptoms from it.

The only danger cannabis poses is to people already predisposed to psychotic attacks. It's one of the tactics used by TPTB against legalisation and when looked at as a percentage is something like less than 1%, according to medical literature. The Netherlands has no history of Cannabis problems, except for the fact it is illegal to produce and therefore coffeeshops must use the "criminal backdoor" to obtain it. Politicians here resist legalising it at every opportunity due to the Netherlands being an extremely conservative and Christian nation. The opinion of the few governs the policies affecting the many. Pretty much the same is true of most western nations, unfortunately.

XL5

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If your govt. or any one else is causing grief, don't do them any favors. Find a way to go around them. Can't pay for food, work for a farmer or become one. They take your car, get a golf cart or something else that doesn't need a licence. If you can't go around, try to join them and if that doesn't work go through them but never make it easy for them.

Getting mad helps to release it I find. Yes, it is a trade off.

posted on Mar, 4 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I have a few thoughts about this.

1) Why would they give the power of killing someone, even yourself, to others, when THEY want to control every aspect of everyone's existence on this planet? THEY want to keep the power to murder you, they don't want to give that power to you.

2) I always loved the idea of 'suicide booths' (someone has even built a working one, supposedly) - you go in, press a button, relax and your body is dead quickly and efficiently. I do not like the idea ot gases, blades or injections, though, you should be able to have some kind of choice - perhaps a menu or just multiple different buttons. Maybe a guillotine might be the optimal thing, despite being basically a blade - it's at least quick and efficient, probably painless, too.

3) There's basically nothing 'universally morally' wrong about 'suicide of the body', but there ARE problems. First problem is, we painstakingly come to incarnate to a world to live a certain type of, probably difficult life, and then we just abort that life prematurely (why are the abortion-hating people not against THIS type of 'abortion')? It seems like a waste of time, energy, effort, and a slap to the Creator's face, but also our own. Once we begin an incarnation, once we make the definite decision to begin such an arduous, painful journey for very good reasons, offering opportunity to pay some heavy karmic debts, it is just incredible waste of time, effort, resources, plans, etc. to just abort it prematurely.

4) In a way, it's still a murder. Murder is unlawful, it's ethically and morally wrong (even if you are wearing camouflaged pants and have signed some paper, and been brainwashed to obey commands). Therefore, so-called 'suicide' is also morally wrong, and should not be attempted.

5) It's a coward's way out. Trying to escape when things get a little bit tough. There are homeless people suffering for decades without ever even attempting a suicide, and these house owners with their air conditioned bedrooms and multiple toilets want to end their incarnation because they felt sad for five minutes? Take it like a true bipedal manifestation of ... well, something.

I mean, if you can't be brave enough to see this thing through, what is your bravery worth? What a loser!

Ok, I can understand there are such horrors in the world that I would not blame someone for pushing the escape button, but I am sure there are MANY cases where people have done it, that weren't really that serious in the long run, perhaps they were a bit hasty or could've coped, if they had been helped in a proper way, or their mental state had been better, or whatnot.

Maybe temporary insanity?

6) As Michael Badnarik (if I remember his name correctly) often explained, rights come from ownership, and we own our physical body, so we have the right to do anything with and to it. Therefore, we have perfect right to end its functionality so we can be free, if we so choose. Right-wise, there is no problem.

The 'surrounding environment'-effect can be devastating, though. What if we cause someone to become insane or also commit a suicide because we commit one? We have a responsibility, we have influence, and we should take that obligation seriously.

7) Everyone's physical body fails sooner or later. So-called 'death' (bad name for life transformation, or returning to our true life) happens to everyone's physical body at some point, you can not avoid it. Why rush things, why take a shortcut, you are going to get there anyway just by waiting! If you look 280 years into the past, everyone that was in a physical body back then, regardless of their body's age, experienced this 'fatal body failure' and are no longer with us on the physical plane (except those that have already reincarnated and thus living amidst us).

I mean, it happens anyway. Why murder anyone, yourself or anyone else, when just by waiting, you could accomplish the same thing? (The perfect murder; no fingerprints or anything = just wait for the victim to die of old age)

8) It's beneficial for us to pay as much of our karmic debt as possible before we return, so we are only doing ourselves disservice by ending the incarnation prematurely. We will also get a 'punishment' of sorts, but it's more like just a direct consequence of our wrongdoing. From my research, it seems these people will have to live a soul-crushingly 'lonely' incarnation the next time (but there's a lot you can learn from that, too, of course, so it's not a waste in that sense).

I guess the logic is, if you're weak enough to abort your incarnation, you have to become stronger. Living a lonely life makes you really strong, so you don't have to do that kind of stuff again.

9) We can never 'end ourselves', we will follow ourselves to the eternity and back. No matter what you do to the physical body, you are still you. For example, you can't change your gender (you don't even have one, only your body does) just by mutilating the physical body, and you can't die just because your body dies or is made to malfunction or die.

YOU still go on. YOU are eternal, your body isn't.

You just change form, because you are energy, and energy can't be destroyed. Therefore, suicide is USELESS anyway! You won't end. You can't remove yourself from existence, you can't stop existing, you will always exist, whether you are in a physical body or not. Even when you sleep, you are actually out of your physical body, just by the way. That's why sleep feels so good and also is such a weird and completely different thing than anything else, and why you barely remember anything (a couple of dreams, perhaps) even if you slept eight hours. How can you spend eight hours and not remember it? Isn't this weird to anyone? It's because your frequency changes drastically, so you can't bring other-frequencial memories with you.

It's not the same, but in a similar way, at least for me, it's kind of hard to remember summers very well in the winter, and winters very well in the summer, because I am 'tuned' into the seasonal feel.

(Your experience may vary)

I think that ultimately, suicide is avoidance of responsibilities, and destroying what we have invested so much and so deeply in. It's like buying a lot of stuff, then destroying it all. What a waste! Please don't commit a suicide, you will live to regret it.. and it's much braver to just keep going through the pain and misery, you will get extra bonus points!

Maybe even a shiny star on your spiritual report card.

As they say, 'Suffer, suffer, your soul's clothes will become brighter' (free translation)

Suicide is an interesting thought to ponder, but ultimately, it is NOT a solution to any problem you have, because problems are caused by karma, and you are not paying your karmic debts by running away, so you have to face the same problem next time you incarnate ANYWAY, except that it will be worse, because your suicide created MORE karmic debts for you to pay, so it might be even a worse problem next time.

Suicide is a stupid idea, but it can be interesting and fun to think about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I agree legalize suicide....might as well....they want to get rid of us anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

No. I want it available on my terms when the time comes. If I should absolutely need it , knowing that it then is there.

I mean you can have that anyway if were being honest........demanding that other people help you kill yourself when you can literally do it any time you want by 100s of different methods is a bit assenine if you ask me.

Tax dollars shouldnt go for people to have an easy way out when they arent happy, they can do it 1000s of ways already and not even leave their homes

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join