It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize assisted suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I'm inclined to ask: Are you alright? Do you need someone to talk with?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am totally against it...but I understand why people would.

Just around the corner may be something wonderful waiting. Also think about all the loved ones a person would hurt and leave behind with a lot of sorrow....wondering why.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No. I want it available on my terms when the time comes. If I should absolutely need it , knowing that it then is there.
That's enough for me right now , just knowing that a method is available .
But there isn't any self-inflicted method that's 100% fool proof, only assisted would do for that.

I understand, I think, like going to the vet to get put down. Most vets do it so gently it's peaceful.

They don't want some of us here anyhow. Canada sucks.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here in the Netherlands euthanasia is legal once two Doctors agree that you are a terminal patient with no hope. My ex girlfriend chose that path due to having stage four lung cancer. Holland is good for something. The right to die peacefully and comfortably is one of the best things we can offer to our fellow man.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What's the difference between this and capital punishment by lethal injection?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What's the difference between this and capital punishment by lethal injection?

One is a punishment that has been demonstrated to not always be executing the perpetrator and the other is a personal choice.

edit on 22-2-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ummm…are people really that invested in being spoon fed…

That they actually need daddy.gov….to tie the noose for them…?

Really…?

If peeps just want to leave on that final train…then grab life…I mean…death by the balls…and punch that e-ticket…

And do the job your damned self…

Just don’t let the door hit you in the ass…

In the immortalized words of Walter…

Shut the hell up
And
Begone…Sataaan…

I sarcastically use sarcasm…or is it snarkasm…?

YouSir
edit on 22-2-2022 by YouSir because: I’m a baaad…boy…

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Just wondering...

If someone does successfully suicide themselves illegally, what are they charged with?

Ummm…everlasting damnation…?

And a permanent bath in the lake of fire…natch…

YouSir

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If things get bad and I get all crippled up, I would rather die than go on suffering.

So my plans.

1) get up on the roof and jump headfirst off the peak...that Idea sort of went south after thinking about it, I would have to climb up there to do that and chances are I wouldn't even be able to set up the ladder if I was all crippled up. So much for my house helping me out.

2) Get in the car and race down the road and miss the corner and go into the trees....yeah, probably just get more crippled up and then they would revoke my drivers license or stick me in a nursing home.

3) Try to poison myself....rats, I am not on any meds and the most potent food chemistry to do that is probably cookies with lots of cream of tartar in it. At a lethal dose the cookies would probably taste terrible and give me bad heartburn and I wouldn't be able to eat enough. Baking powder would just give me gas and I would probably die from the smell of the farts...so that is one possibility.

4) Next is to shoot myself...but when you do that they destroy the gun and all the guns I have have been in the family for a generation above me, it would be my daughters grandfathers guns so they have sentimental value. For my grandkids it would be their great grandfathers guns...again, I can't use those. Also, if a deer comes along, I might accidently shoot it and that will make me into a poacher. I will have to sneak it home and cut it up and freeze it because I don't like to waste. Then someone will call the DNR about shooting too close to their house and the cops will show up on the doorstep...well, cops like deermeat...My luck the cop will be a vegetarian and I will wind up in jail for attempting to bribe a cop.

5) I could go out in the woods for a stroll and sit down under a tree....that would work till I got hungry or had to go home to leave a crap....so toilet paper is a necessity, and maybe a lawn chair...and of course I have to pack lunch and supper. I just have to make sure it is not on a day that there is a good TV show on or I might have to go back to watch it.

6) Maybe I will just keep on trucking and not worry about this, chances are I will just hurt myself and suffer more if I try. I had thought about ways to do this when I got really old, but decided I must finish the school of life to see if I pass and can go to wherever it is we go with a clear conscience.

Doctors give compassion meds if you are in real bad shape. They speed up your death by shutting down some vital systems to lessen suffering. I do not believe in suicide myself, but some people might believe it is what they want.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Now you talking....

Ancient....I hear depression as if you gave up...

Don't think like this. I know people care for you. I know of at least two people....tamusan and me.

Suicide in German is self murder.

Do NOT kill yourself.

I am severely disabled and so is my daughter...plenty of reasons to want to die but the furthest thing from our minds.

Get mad, fight back, never give up.
You need to talk to someone. Two heads are better than one.

Pm......me.

Much love

originally posted by: tamusan

I'm inclined to ask: Are you alright? Do you need someone to talk with?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Generally one of the big arguments against death by lethal injection is that it inflicts pain. If functionally there is no difference and we allow suicide, then that argument is moot.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I'm just ignoring annoying silly responses

How does it feel going through life being an a**?

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I hear ya. I’ve got a cousin in New York that has been battling cancer for years. Then about four months ago, he fell down the stairs and broke his neck. Full quadriplegic now. Wasting away in a bed for nothing. He wants my fathers help to put him out of his misery. But he’s trapped in a home and they won’t let my dad in without a vax pass.

That's absolutely abhorrent. So sorry to hear you're all in this predicament

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Tulpa

Just wondering...

If someone does successfully suicide themselves illegally, what are they charged with?

Ummm…everlasting damnation…?

And a permanent bath in the lake of fire…natch…

YouSir

Now I can see why some people want to defund the police.

I never knew they had so much power!

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just mention you have inside information on Hillary Clinton.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

But there isn't any self-inflicted method that's 100% fool proof, only assisted would do for that.

Also, when it does work, there is sometimes trauma inflicted on an unsuspecting person who finds the body, and it occasionally leaves quite a nasty mess. (&/or a stench)

Legalized assistance would solve those issues.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

No. I want it available on my terms when the time comes. If I should absolutely need it , knowing that it then is there.
That's enough for me right now , just knowing that a method is available .

Assisted is NOT 100% foolproof... Problems Associated with Assisted Suicide

You don't need the governments permission or help. You can do it yourself, just don't use a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Places like Dignitas definitely have the best ways to exit. I want to stick around for my son for as long as possible, and I just want a guaranteed painless method readily available just in case and just to have it available that can be enough, but there really aren't any . Dignitas would work , but like with assisted suicide, they only take terminal cases

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Generally one of the big arguments against death by lethal injection is that it inflicts pain. If functionally there is no difference and we allow suicide, then that argument is moot.

It's still a personal choice where the person dying is 100% the person who's supposed to die.

And I would wager someone with say, terminal cancer, who's already suffering greatly, isn't too worried about potential pain from using a barbiturate overdose, setting aside there are other means to euthanasia.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Tulpa

I'm just ignoring annoying silly responses

How does it feel going through life being an a**?

I'm just going through life.

The two people who I know that did suicide themselves were most probably not concerned about the legality. They got way past that point.
No one knew why. They just did.

posted on Feb, 22 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Here in the Netherlands euthanasia is legal once two Doctors agree that you are a terminal patient with no hope. My ex girlfriend chose that path due to having stage four lung cancer. Holland is good for something. The right to die peacefully and comfortably is one of the best things we can offer to our fellow man.

It's great , but should be available under all circumstances (not just terminal).
If it's mental who's to say what's considered terminal enough?
En hoi Nederlander !

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join