It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Lujan Suffers Stroke. Senate 50 - 50

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
With an "Odd" Number of Senators, a tie is impossible and Kamala becomes irrelevant 🥶

Kamala can make the game tied, and then Lujan can send in a pinch-hitter to push the Dim team over the finish line using PROXY POWER.

This is what I was referring to earlier but was not able to look it up at that moment: bipartisanpolicy.org...

Pelosi used it during the dark days of quarantine. Schumer can adjust the above rule, as needed, for his peeps.

(btw: If Senators only get what they know from the NEWS MEDIA, they'll never find this loophole, LOL.)

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Kamala can make the game tied

No, she cannot. US Constitution, Article 1, Section 3, Number 4:

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

Harris only votes if there is already a tie. If there is no tie, Harris has no vote in the Senate.

There is also no provision in the US Constitution for proxy voting. That is only allowed in committees, which are created by each House and not by the Constitution. It's a bit of a grey area, but I am sure it would at least raise a Constitutional issue for the courts if the Senate tried to allow proxy voting on any Senate-wide vote. It is not something that could be implemented by a simple resolution without Judicial overview.

It looks to me like the Senate is gridlocked for a while until one of two things happen: either the Senator recovers enough to attend Senate meetings, or the Governor replaces him. I fully expect the (Democratic) New Mexico Governor to do so sooner rather than later; every day she delays is another day that the Senate is not a Democratic body.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 05:04 AM
link   

edit on 2/3/2022 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

It does happen. As a migraine sufferer, I am more aware of that than most would be.

I too suffer from migraines.
We are at higher risk of stroke.

My mom made me plant a plant called crown daisy. It is used like a herb in soups. Very bitter. It has been use in Asia for a long time and has been said to help prevent stroke.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: xuenchen

are those things filibuster proof?

Because if not then the answer is no.

well are they or aren't they ? 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

When did he get his booster?

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Being medical information that's not public record is it?
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Being medical information that's not public record is it?

Most of them post it on their twitter/FB and make it public record.

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hm no mention in the last 8 months at least

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The longer he 'recovers' the longer the excuse for nothing getting done with the Progressives. A convenient excuse at this point.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

If you look at how society has been the last several years it really isn't surprising. The workdays are longer, the work weeks are getting longer, diet is typically worse, sleep is typically worse, and being medicated for anxiety is up. In general the amount of stress most peopel endure is up whether it is job related or pressure they put on themselves.

I am in my mid 40's and several years ago when I worked a different job I could feel my blood pressure rise, I was on-call 24/7 365 days a year and was taking headache medicine serval times a week and at one point went to the ER for a Migraine that they thought may have been an aneurysm, turned out to not be. I have never smoked and work out several times a week and rarely would eat fast food.

I wouldn't say I was a lean mean fighting machine but I was not extremely overweight or anything. A few years ago I switched jobs and now I rarely take medicine for a headache, I sleep better and in general I feel better and I actually make more money now then I did before so it was a win win.

With the rise in stress in general and the possibility of jabs causing strokes and blood clots it is only going to get worse. From the evidence I have seen from videos provided by professionals in medical fields and most recently embalmers I am convinced the vaccines are contributing. Maybe not to everyone but a certain part of the population is for sure affected.

And that somehow caused a abnormally high and sudden and massive issue of heart problems and such in people from the age of 12 and upwards since 2020 right? Get real.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
How the hell did Pelosi become Speaker?

She's in the House, FFS, not the Senate.

It is a legitimate question :

"Speaker" of the house. Of the U.S. Does anyone NOT wonder how she got to be speaker , in any form ?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

It would be legit if the topic were about the House.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wed 2.9.2022

The people of New Mexico are perplexed over the lack of updates regarding Senator Lujan's health status.

How's our Senator doing?: ladailypost.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think that each day the government can not make rules and mandates is a good day for us the people.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
TRUE..

Sen. Ben Ray Lujan's stroke (get well soon) is a transformative development that not nearly enough people are concerned about.

It's a preview of 2022's do-nothing Congress.

It keeps BBB dead.

It could change the Supreme Court pick.
More at: twitter.com...

edit on 2/10/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Ebola Gain Of Function Gets NIH Funding
www.ebolaoutbreakmap.com...
Ebola research exploring how Ebola spreads in the body with implication for targeted Ebola viral treatments .
Dr. Shtanko will investigate how exactly Ebola infection transforms migration and invasive properties of macrophages to maximize Ebola spread in the host.

Dr. Shtanko is also excited to explore a possible alternative mode of Ebola spread — tunneling nanotubes, dynamic connections between cells, which allow Ebola to communicate by exchanging content over relatively long distances (up to 200 microns). While these structures have been shown to play a prominent role in promoting neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, and spread of a variety of viruses, including HIV-1 and influenza, no one is known to have investigated their role in disseminating Ebola and related viruses.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join