It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in trouble IRS Facial Id's to access tax returns 2022

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well this is just getting better and better . it's playing out just like a movie . We the United States are turning into China at rapid speed . I will never submit to this is it even constitutional ? And they are against voter id wtf !

Tax collectors to demand facial recognition ID

A new kind of digital identification, requiring the user to submit their personal data to a private company in Virginia – including a live video of their face from their cell phone or computer webcam – will be the only way Americans can create an account with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) starting by the summer of 2022.

Old log-in credentials will stop working later this year, and the only way to log into irs.gov will be by using ID.me, an online identity verification service run by a company in McLean, Virginia, just outside the Capital Beltway. This is according to investigative journalist Brian Krebs, who went through the procedure of creating an account for himself this week.

Link
edit on 20-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I thought this was going live in something like 27 states to start but not all (trying to find a link)

ETA: nvm, 27 states "already use" this tech for state programs but this is now federal for all taxpayers SMH WTF
edit on 20-1-2022 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Virginia you say?
I once read in a famous book that this is the state of spooks.

No offense to Virgins. Or Virginians?

Spell check says both is correct.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
But its racist to want an ID to vote...

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
EXEMPT

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

This isn't to file a return, it's to access taxpayer information, like if your preparer needs your older returns.

edit on 20-1-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

How is this going to work, when (sworn by government officials) certain segments of citizens are to stupid to get an ID???

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not sure you are correct ...

"The service requires applicants to supply a great deal more information than typically requested for online verification schemes, such as scans of their driver’s license or other government-issued ID, copies of utility or insurance bills, and details about their mobile phone service,”

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

How you like them 'smart' phones now?!

The slow expansion of required biometrics thats been coming for a long time.

Vaccine passports are quickly morphing into 'Digital ID Wallets' to be used for: Employment Security, Tax Files, Health Records, Travel, Citizen’s ID & Biometrics, Age Verification, Venue Tickets, Vehicle Licensing, Seniors’ Cards, Transport Services & Fines & Infringements.

ID.me (formerly TroopSwap and Troop ID) a for profit company with headquarters in McLean, Virginia.🤡

I'm highly skeptical that they can properly safeguard a giant biometrics DB.

Editor’s note: This article has been updated to clarify that you can still file and pay taxes without logging into an IRS account or providing biometric data. This contradicts information an IRS spokesperson previously provided to Gizmodo. See the full details in the frustrating correction below.
IRS Will Require Facial Recognition Scans to Access Your Taxes Online

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Kind of weird, all you would need is a picture of someone in front of a camera to access their tax information? Would a picture off of facebook work?

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

I have a ID.ME account he's very correct.
Upload pictures of social security card, driver's license, and in my case I used a insurance card.
Then after you upload all that you have a video call with what they call a "trusted referee" where you have to hold up the documents you uploaded during the conversation while they screen shot that.
It sucked and I am still pissed off about that crap.

"The service requires applicants to supply a great deal more information than typically requested for online verification schemes, such as scans of their driver’s license or other government-issued ID, copies of utility or insurance bills, and details about their mobile phone service,”

edit on 20-1-2022 by arkansasstone because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2022 by arkansasstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

"you can still file and "PAY" taxes without logging into an IRS account or providing biometric data.

What about getting paid ?

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

that's because that's not voting; that's fraud.
brown people matter.
just check out most web sites these days and their publicity pictures.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm 100% correct, read the IRS site.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

OK it sounds to me from what I've read that it's not only for accountants and such .

Lets give a dog a bone and say how long will you be correct if you are ?

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Biometrics.

Pretty soon we will be putting our full fingerprints and retina scans at some DMV location for an ID which is linked to gov. But seriously how is showing a SSN card considered approved ID anyways.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

OK it sounds to me from what I've read that it's not only for accountants and such .

I didn't say it was just for accountants, I said it was to access records and not required to file a return.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

– including a live video of their face from their cell phone or computer webcam

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
SBA and VA require Login.gov. Have to upload DL and then it checks against credit bureau on the spot. Can't do business with SBA otherwise. I had a snag and lost out big time as it took months to fix. Thought this would be the main government ID system, guess I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

I moved to a different state It took me 6 months to get a DL - I have a very common name I had to get letters from multiple other agency's and that still took forever to get the "Real ID" is that not even enough now ?

<<   2  3 >>

join