It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Apple (MacBookPro)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
WHYYYYY does ATS not work right on my BRAND NEW MacBook Pro? It was a work bonus
Not a bad bonus I might add.

Anyway.... this is not the first time i have had ATS issues with an Apple. I have always used Apple and anyone who knows me knows I hate PC anything yet it is the only way I can access ATS without issues. WHY?! WHY is this?! I mean after all these years what gives? I want to go online on my laptop but it doesn't matter what browser I use it lags in loading or it just times out and won't load. This is the ONLY site I have issues with, the only one. I can access ATS fine at work but that is a demonic PC so yea.

So is there a trick with Safari or even Chrome? Is it a settings issue? I have no clue as I never have issues on any other site just here and this is the only one I really want to participate on.
edit on 1/13/2022 by mblahnikluver because: fix title

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

did you set ATS to pc...

mobile always screwed with my devices

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

did you set ATS to pc...

mobile always screwed with my devices

HAHA. If only it were that easy.

I dont use ATS mobile. I can view ATS on my iPhone with no issue but not my laptop. It has to be something!

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Maybe Bill Gates bought ATS?

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't think it is just you.

I just got a new Motorola cell phone for Christmas, from my sister.

I hate cell phones, but it is required for my job. My phone was so old that my bank no longer supported it, then my carrier dumped it.

Anyway, I have been having the same issue. My laptop performs better, but there is more lag than ever before.

So, I don't think it is your MacBook, that is the problem. ATS has given me issues in the past, but this is the worse.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   
My PC and Android had always been fine on ATS,never experienced slow page loading and comment posting like others claim....Until recently,now I know exactly what they mean.
I started turning on my VPN and setting it to Russia,now everything works fine as it should

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm not an Apple groupie, but I do own a Mac. I don't remember any outstanding issues with ATS the last time I had it hooked up, but I have had issues in the past with Safari.

I'm assuming you've already done the basics like clearing your browser cache, updating Safari, disabling browser extensions, disabling AV software temporarily, restarting your router, etc.

You could install Firefox and see if the issue persists. You can always uninstall it, but if it works you may want to keep it just for ATS.

Another thought would be to change the DNS servers in your router to OpenDNS. Also, temporarily disable your routers firewall and see if it has any effect.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

That's a scary thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
So is there a trick with Safari or even Chrome? Is it a settings issue? I have no clue as I never have issues on any other site just here and this is the only one I really want to participate on.

I got a new Mac after my last contract. Came back to ATS and have the same issues described. Nothing special about my setup. It's just been a bad experience. Sometimes it's faster. Sometimes I just give up and move on.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

HAHAHA

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nor just you. Brand new whatever's, where-ever...ATS....won't link, drops, f.t.load...1st time in like 12 yrs.....all new devices.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Are you on a newer Mac with Monterey? Do you use safari. ? Apple has new relay option that hides your ip so this may be the issue check if it’s on.

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Are you using a

VPN?

top topics

join