It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Mask Wearing on UK Supermarkets - Or Rather Not.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Still not answered the question of why don't those wishing to go unmasked show the same level of respect that they wish to be shown to them to others?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Or how he/she/ it assumes that the rude aggressive woman could "not" wear a mask?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

seems you find it unreasonable to be told to move away.

The fact is when to directly opposing events happen i.e. wear a mask - not wear a mask
The person not talking or complaining about the other has the higher ground.

In this case the mask wearer want to enforce their idea of social responsibility onto someone else.
The unmasked did exactly what you said you will do stood their ground.

Is it unreasonable for you to mind your own business and not inflect your worldview onto others?

Question is did oldcarpy's not his no 1 daughter, visit her 90 year Dad after potential exposing herself to the virus from this unmasked individual?

Is it to much to ask not to visit the old and vulnerable when you think you may have been exposed to an unmasked individual?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Wow you still can't accept you lied in the OP can you. By your own admission She is not your number 1 daughter.

She is your STEP-Daughter, which you are so adamant that you did not father.

You can't face up to that fact you misrepresented the relationship and can't except she unnecessarily risked further exposure to the viral particle by confronting someone.

Say that to my face?

So what would you do, behave like a "Darren"?
Something that runs in the family, thinking they can tell others what to do.

Try getting your knickers untwisted before you hurt yourself.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I gave them the benefit of the doubt unlike you and your ilk.
Perhaps if you were a reasonable person it might have had an effect on others in your life.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

seems you find it unreasonable to be told to move away.

I find it unreasonable that a person doesn't respect another's 'rights' and wishes as much as they expect their own to be.

The fact is when to directly opposing events happen i.e. wear a mask - not wear a mask
The person not talking or complaining about the other has the higher ground.

How do you come to the conclusion that that is a 'FACT'?
Because it isn't, there is no such thing.

A person should afford other people the same respect that they expect themselves.

In this instance the person was politely asked to observe social distancing recommendations and received a torrent of abuse in return.
That is unacceptable behaviour.

Ok, don't wear a mask if that's what you wish - as I've said several times now, I personally am coming round to the opinion that enough is enough, but that's a different discussion altogether - people should indeed respect that.
But in turn try to respect others people's wishes about social distancing.
What is so unreasonable about that?

Now what is unreasonable is telling people to # off and acting in an aggressive and abusive manner.

Again as has been said before; I seriously doubt this woman would have told me to # off in such circumstances.

The woman tried to bully and intimidate. You may find that acceptable behaviour, I don't.

In this case the mask wearer want to enforce their idea of social responsibility onto someone else.

No she wanted the same respect shown for her choices as the non-mask wearer wanted for her's.

The unmasked did exactly what you said you will do stood their ground.

No she didn't; she was abusive, aggressive and threatening.
She should have respected the other persons wishes just as she expected the other person to respect her's....it really isn't #ing hard to understand.

I said I would respond to aggression like that in a way that would make it clear what would happen if such behaviour continued.

Is it unreasonable for you to mind your own business and not inflect your worldview onto others?

So, you think unmasked have a right to do whatever they want, wherever they want whilst other people have no right to ask them to respect their concerns etc.

All about 'Me, me, me, me'.

Seems all one way to me.

Question is did oldcarpy's not his no 1 daughter, visit her 90 year Dad after potential exposing herself to the virus from this unmasked individual?

The point you are labouring over regarding carpy's daughter is inane and has no bearing on the behaviour of the woman who acted in such an aggressive way towards her.
It's his step-daughter but he raised her as his daughter.....as have many of us.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have a question that nobody seems to be asking.
Did either or both women have a shopping trolley?
Enquiring minds need to know.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

corrected it for you

So, you think the masked have a right to do whatever they want, wherever they want whilst other people have no right to ask them to respect their concerns etc.

All about 'Me, me, me, me'.

Seems all one way to me.

There was a exchange of opinions - one bias account of an angel attempting to enforce her wishes and a bias account of a reply.

He wanted an opinion

So, ATS, what say you?

My opinion is 19 in 20 people do not have a sars-cov-2 infection. - his numbers.
Given the current woke world we live in - having someone obviously displaying they are not willing to conform to woke expectations. ( uncovered face)

What expectation of a reaction should you have when you issue order to move away?
FYI regardless of the presentation of the request it will be seen as an order.

Daughter (his words) should have left the other person alone or moved away.
After being told to "eff off" instead of
in your words

respecting another's 'rights' and wishes as much as they expect their own to be

and moving away herself she continued the confrontation, with a whine about absolutely nothing to do with the situation.

Then you step up with a "big I am"

Again as has been said before; I seriously doubt this woman would have told me to # off in such circumstances.

Why is that ? is it because you are a bully and will intimidate her into compliance?

You may find that acceptable behaviour, I don't.

As to why am I labouring on about him not being the father v step-father -simple because he attacked a post written before he announced it.
So much like his step-daughter, instead of accepting he made a mistake for the whole first page of the thread he gobbed off about it.

You two might not like the opinion and cannot

respect another's 'rights' and wishes
to have a difference as much as you expect your own opinion to be accepted.

But I will not be conforming to your requirement

it really isn't #ing hard to understand

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Wow you still can't accept you lied in the OP can you. By your own admission She is not your number 1 daughter.

She is your STEP-Daughter, which you are so adamant that you did not father.

You can't face up to that fact you misrepresented the relationship and can't except she unnecessarily risked further exposure to the viral particle by confronting someone.

Say that to my face?

So what would you do, behave like a "Darren"?
Something that runs in the family, thinking they can tell others what to do.

Try getting your knickers untwisted before you hurt yourself.

At this point it is clear that you are simply not worth talking to.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

corrected it for you

Err, no you didn't.
You changed it because you can't - or won't - give a straight forward answer to a straight forward question.....and you wanted it changing to fit your narrative and pre-conceived viewpoint.

There was a exchange of opinions - one bias account of an angel attempting to enforce her wishes and a bias account of a reply.

Its the only account we have.
I certainly have no reason to question carpy's honesty and integrity.
Why are you so keen to disbelieve him and offer up nothing but 'what if's and 'maybe's' just so that you can try to twist it round so that its another case of the super cool mask rebels standing up for mankinds Rights in the face of Authoritarianism?

My opinion is 19 in 20 people do not have a sars-cov-2 infection. - his numbers.
Given the current woke world we live in - having someone obviously displaying they are not willing to conform to woke expectations. ( uncovered face)

This has # all to do with wokism.
I know plenty of people who are as anti-woke as can be yet insist on wearing masks and social distancing.
I don't really know many woke people - thank #.

What expectation of a reaction should you have when you issue order to move away?
FYI regardless of the presentation of the request it will be seen as an order.

Why would it be seen as an 'order'?
Is she in some of position to issue orders?
No - it was a request; a request to respect her Right for social distancing recommendations to be adhered to.

Daughter (his words) should have left the other person alone or moved away.

Why, so the non-mask wearing individuals Rights were respected by disregarding the mask wearing persons Rights?

Then you step up with a "big I am"

Now who's being all whiny and woke?

I just explained how I personally would react to someone talking to me like that.
I assure you, I would never talk to another human being like that and certainly not after a polite request like was given here.

Don't know what part of this you're failing to understand; my reaction in an instance like this would be determined by the other person's initial response.

Why is that ? is it because you are a bully.....

Laughable....and pathetic.
The last thing I am is a bully....and how you can infer that from what I've wrote reeks of the hypersensitivity of the woke you allegedly dislike so much.

Someone pushes me, I push back....pretty simple.

....and will intimidate her into compliance

Now you are just making nonsense up.
I've repeatedly stated that I think a persons right not to wear a mask should be respected.

But of course you just continue to conveniently ignore that because it doesn't fit in with your locked in take on things.

So, why must a person's right not to wear a mask be respected whilst a person who requests that whilst doing so could they respect social distancing protocols.
Seems all one way to me.

As to why am I labouring on about him not being the father v step-father -simple because he attacked a post written before he announced it.

I've referred to my daughter both daughter and step-daughter on numerous occasions on ATS because she is both.
I've raised her since she was very, very young but I am not her biologically father.
No-one has ever batted an eyelid about it....because its a complete non-issue.

You two might not like the opinion and cannot respect another's 'rights' and wishes

I think you've got that arse about face.

But I will not be conforming to your requirement

Wow....you're such a rebel.
Saviour of the Free World.

Zzzzzzzz
How very boring, tedious and predictable.....and I know this will go straight over your head but reeks of exactly the same sort of thought process we see coming from the woke.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I have a question that nobody seems to be asking.
Did either or both women have a shopping trolley?
Enquiring minds need to know.
Rainbows
Jane

Daughter (OK - step daughter, for the pedantic minded) had trolly, other woman had a basket.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thank you.
So in my multitude of shopping experiences and having queued many, many a time, I would say 1 shopping trolley and a shopping basket would put both of them approximately 6 feet or more apart. Yep, I checked before I replied.
I don't see any supermarket putting down their 'stand here' and arrows back on the floors either.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Do you have a straight forward Question?
The change didn't fit your narrative and pre-conceived viewpoint and trigger the response of going over your head.

Just goes to show you don't even understand the concept you're arguing

You two might not like the opinion and cannot respect another's 'rights' and wishes

I think you've got that arse about face.

How have I got it arse about face?
you have your opinion I disagree it is you that is attacking me for not conforming to your viewpoint.

You have the right to your opinion that carpy's kid should be obeyed when giving out requests.
I have the right to my opinion that the request can be refused.

Seems it is you that don't respect other peoples right to their own opinion.

So run along there's a good lad before you get all upset.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

They did show respect by not confronting the mask wear. Just went about their day until they were confronted.

What part of the scene don't you grasp?

The masked wearer started the confrontation not the unmasked shopper.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Thank you.
So in my multitude of shopping experiences and having queued many, many a time, I would say 1 shopping trolley and a shopping basket would put both of them approximately 6 feet or more apart. Yep, I checked before I replied.
I don't see any supermarket putting down their 'stand here' and arrows back on the floors either.
Rainbows
Jane

So, when you queing at a till, you have your trolley behind you?

How bizarre! Most folk in my experience tend to push their trolley, what with having handles at the back and all. This woman was behind her.

edit on 30-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Upset?
Ha ha ha.

I assure you, I have far more important things going on in my life to be getting upset.
To be honest, I'm not really the type to 'get upset' over much really.

I get it; you want your rights to be respected but don't see the need to respect other people's rights who may have a different perspective to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I get it; you want your rights to be respected but don't see the need to respect other people's rights who may have a different perspective to you.

Do you?

The rights of the unmasked not to be confronted it seems is beyond your scope of intelligence.

You have the right to walk away not confront.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Do you?

The rights of the unmasked not to be confronted it seems is beyond your scope of intelligence.

You have the right to walk away not confront.

So, she should have walked away and left her shopping? Confront? No. Politely asked to show some consideration.

I know, politeness seems to be a bit of an alien concept to you.

But never mind. Carry on with your baiting. I'll leave you to it.

If that's how you get your jollies?

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

All about 'me, me, me, me' and no consideration or thought for others.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You are correctly identifying yourself and oldCarpy's daughter / step-daughter or however he feels the need to identify.

Glad you've noticed your poor behaviour.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join