It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Mask Wearing on UK Supermarkets - Or Rather Not.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sraven
Since you made the point that she is Daughter no 1, I am wondering if the woman behind her was Daughter No 2?

No. Cheers. Daughter No 2 ( step daughter no 2 to be pedantic) tested positive a couple days ago because her work is crap about PPE. 6 of her colleagues also got it.

Felt like crap for 2 days gone now.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Your 90?

No. Step daughter.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Some people on here can be right knobheads.

All the woman had to do was move back a bit....no big deal.
And there's absolutely no justification for her aggressive response.....I'd have pulled her head off her shoulders.

I'm not convinced about the need to wear masks anymore.....but its a minor inconvenience, no big deal at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yes you showed 100% you are a permanent resident of Judgmentaland. You laid out the scene and your KAREN of a daughter got owed for not giving a crap about your life.

Thinking someone might be infected and transmitting a virus instead of walking away she stood her ground and verbally attacked. What did she expect the person to do collapse into a heap and beg forgiveness from her high and might Queen KAREN.

You're so blinded by bias you can't see how dumb that was.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
So, No 1 daughter was in Tesco today queing at the till. Woman behind her was not wearing a mask, as she was meant to, right up close.
Daughter asks her to move back as she was socially distancing. Response was "Eff off, I ain't moving".
Daughter says "I'm seeing my 90 year old Dad for Christmas tomorrow, please back away."

Response was "I don't give an effing eff about your effing Dad"?

So, ATS, what say you?

Personally, am appalled.

This was in South London.

Where it is estimated that one in twenty folk have Covid.

I’d tell her to F-OFF also, I’m not a disease vector thanks, vaccinated people are the once testing positive after vaccination, it’s those rude clowns telling people to move away because they’re not only rude but low IQ

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Some people on here can be right knobheads.

All the woman had to do was move back a bit....no big deal.

Listen very carefully

NO

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Since you made the point that she is Daughter no 1, I am wondering if the woman behind her was Daughter No 2?

No. Cheers. Daughter No 2 ( step daughter no 2 to be pedantic) tested positive a couple days ago because her work is crap about PPE. 6 of her colleagues also got it.

So what if they got it?

So what if you’re sick ? Everybody gets sick, it trains the immune system

PPE? Masks don’t work, and somehow you feel you are entitled to live a completely sterile life ?

Stay home, avoid all life and interaction with others, wrap yourself in bubble
Wrap and wear a crash helmet

edit on 26-12-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Demanding people to wear mask OR distance doesnt make sense anyway.
Mask do # to stop the virus. IF you wanna increase the chance of catching bugs from someone start talking to them, force them to speak back and create aerosols.
Only a proper gas mask works. People have realized this long ago where I live and almost no one covers their nose. Your NO.1 is uneducated so it's your fault

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Listen very carefully

Listen very, very carefully.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - even those whose opinion is different to yours.

There was absolutely NO EXCUSE for the aggressive response, none whatsoever.

Why shouldn't she simply have moved back a bit and abided by social distancing regulations, what is so #ing hard about that?

I understand peoples concerns about government policy and regulations.
But not taking a step back and shouting at people achieves # all and only makes people look like intolerant, self-righteous knobheads.

There's far bigger and far more justified fights to have,

And manners cost nothing.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

So what if they got it?

So what if you’re sick ? Everybody gets sick, it trains the immune system

PPE? Masks don’t work, and somehow you feel you are entitled to live a completely sterile life ?

Stay home, avoid all life and interaction with others, wrap yourself in bubble
Wrap and wear a crash helmet

Not really. Who's staying at home? She was in Tescos and just wanted a bit of consideration from others.

That too much to ask?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Yes you showed 100% you are a permanent resident of Judgmentaland. You laid out the scene and your KAREN of a daughter got owed for not giving a crap about your life.

Thinking someone might be infected and transmitting a virus instead of walking away she stood her ground and verbally attacked. What did she expect the person to do collapse into a heap and beg forgiveness from her high and might Queen KAREN.

You're so blinded by bias you can't see how dumb that was.

Can't you read? She's my step daughter.

I have no idea what a KAREN is nor do I much care.

No, she just expected her to behave like a decent human being and take a couple of steps back. Not heard of social distancing?

What a mean spirited and ill mannered post.
edit on 27-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

So, No 1 daughter was in Tesco today queing at the till. Woman behind her was not wearing a mask, as she was meant to, right up close.
Daughter asks her to move back as she was socially distancing. Response was "Eff off, I ain't moving".
Daughter says "I'm seeing my 90 year old Dad for Christmas tomorrow, please back away."

Response was "I don't give an effing eff about your effing Dad"?

So, ATS, what say you?

Personally, am appalled.

This was in South London.

Where it is estimated that one in twenty folk have Covid.

I’d tell her to F-OFF also, I’m not a disease vector thanks, vaccinated people are the once testing positive after vaccination, it’s those rude clowns telling people to move away because they’re not only rude but low IQ

She was polite, not rude, asking,not telling. The other woman was rude.

Low IQ? I don't think so and you don't have a clue about her IQ, just being gratuitously insulting.

You make a lot of false assumptions.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

We keep on hearing about people wanting their Right not to wear masks to be respected.
And I genuinely get that - I'm passionately opposed to be people being forced to do things.

I don't get the passion shown about not wearing masks, its not a big issue really is it. As I keep on saying; a minor inconvenience really but I am beginning to really question the need.
I do respect their opinion and as I said, they should not be forced to wear them.

I think there's more important practical fights to be had....I sort of get the impression that some people broadcast their unwillingness to wear a mask as some sort of sign saying 'Look at me, I'm such a rebel'.....#ing ridiculous if you ask me, but each to their own.

But here's the thing; they should be respected.....but so should other people's choices.
And those who want social distancing recommendations to be abided to near them should receive the same respect that these non-mask wearing people want.
Ok, don't wear your mask but please keep two metres away from me.
It really isn't hard....and its just common courtesy.

I suspect that there's very few on here who would have the balls to tell me to # off and be so rude to me in such circumstances....and if they did the outcome of any repeat would be made clear to them in a very clear and blunt manner.

Manners really are everything and cost absolutely nothing.
edit on 27/12/21 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Mean spirited is a person that assumes someone is a diseased and vile individual that should distance themselves from everyone else.

A decent human being would have compassion for someone unable to wear the safety masks and have to face the aerosol particles unprotected.

What was more important to your No1 - saving her spot in the Queue or risking an infection?
Seems it was the spot in Queue as instead of distancing herself, she confronted the person, FACE to FACE.
Real smart thinking - That person is probably infected as they are not wearing a mask, let me turn to face them and order them to stay away from me.

I can read, you wrote

So, No 1 daughter was in Tesco today queing at the till.

Nothing about a step in there buddy, perhaps you should stop trying to grab unwarranted fathering ability.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

here's hoping you have the sense to walk away from a dangerous situation and not escalate it into anything more.

Follow the CNN approved science.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Mean spirited is a person that assumes someone is a diseased and vile individual that should distance themselves from everyone else.

A decent human being would have compassion for someone unable to wear the safety masks and have to face the aerosol particles unprotected.

What was more important to your No1 - saving her spot in the Queue or risking an infection?
Seems it was the spot in Queue as instead of distancing herself, she confronted the person, FACE to FACE.
Real smart thinking - That person is probably infected as they are not wearing a mask, let me turn to face them and order them to stay away from me.

I can read, you wrote

So, No 1 daughter was in Tesco today queing at the till.

Nothing about a step in there buddy, perhaps you should stop trying to grab unwarranted fathering ability.

What?

"No, she just expected her to behave like a decent human being and take a couple of steps back."

Reading comprehension not your strong point?

Where do you get "order" from? She politely asked, and got a string of foul mouthed abuse in response. Nice. Very mannered.

Maybe this woman was a relative of yours.

You make a lot of wrong assumptions, not to mention twisting facts.

"Unwarranted fathering ability"?

Where do you get that crap from? And, as you have appeared not to have either read or comprehended, it's my step daughter.

What's triggered you so much? Not that I actually give a monkey's about your anger management issues. Buddy.

edit on 29-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

here's hoping you have the sense to walk away from a dangerous situation and not escalate it into anything more.

I am genuinely a well mannered, polite and courteous person who always tries to show people respect.

But I've never been one to back down from confrontation or aggression, its not always been for the best....its simply the nature of the beast.

If I was in a similar position to carpy's daughter why exactly should I back down and walk away in the face of such outright hostility, aggression and outright bad manners?

All I am saying is the yes, people should have the right not to wear masks and it should be respected.
But in turn people should also respect the fact that some people like to wear masks, especially in places like supermarkets and that social distancing recommendations should be respected around them.

Is that so wrong?
Is that somehow unreasonable?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Same way that I get pissed off with people with nasty colds/flu that cough next to me without a tissue or even bothering to put their hand over their mouth.

Gits.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   

slow down sherlock - you're the nutter starting of with false claims of having a "no 1 daughter". Not me.
To remind you that you did not state STEP-DAUGHTER the OP

perhaps if YOU wrote No 1 Step daughter you would have a something to gob off about.
You didn't mention being a step-father until someone asked your age, so apologise for taking the credit for her creation.

Back to the topic -
Unmasked person behind you and within 6 feet of you.

Do you
A. Stay put look the other way? Hope the aerosol particle doesn't come near you
B. Walk away from the area? Hoping you haven't already been contaminated.
C. Confront the individual? With the expectation they will back up as not wearing a mask and social distancing is what nice polite people do.
D. Carry on your day as you've already walked through clouds of aerosol particles from people's breath.

So many options only 1 will increase the possibility of getting a larger amount of air exhaled from the unmasked into your face.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

slow down sherlock - you're the nutter starting of with false claims of having a "no 1 daughter". Not me.
To remind you that you did not state STEP-DAUGHTER the OP

perhaps if YOU wrote No 1 Step daughter you would have a something to gob off about.
You didn't mention being a step-father until someone asked your age, so apologise for taking the credit for her creation.

Back to the topic -
Unmasked person behind you and within 6 feet of you.

Do you
A. Stay put look the other way? Hope the aerosol particle doesn't come near you
B. Walk away from the area? Hoping you haven't already been contaminated.
C. Confront the individual? With the expectation they will back up as not wearing a mask and social distancing is what nice polite people do.
D. Carry on your day as you've already walked through clouds of aerosol particles from people's breath.

So many options only 1 will increase the possibility of getting a larger amount of air exhaled from the unmasked into your face.

Oh dear.

I seem to be dealing with a nasty pedant that seems to be a judgemental self-righteous knob head.

So, as you obviously would not have the balls to say this offensive shyte to my face, as opposed to being an anonymous pathetic keyboard tw@t
I will just ignore your nasty and frankly vile posts.

Say that to my face?

I wish you would.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join