It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Mask Wearing on UK Supermarkets - Or Rather Not.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

She made her decision and she has lived with the consequence.

Who said leave her shopping? As it has been pointed out 6ft is much more than walking to the other end of the shopping trolley or moving to another till.

If the concern was the risk of being infected from the unmasked then the choice made was a poor one.

Politeness is saying hello, how are you?

Don't ask people for their opinion if you can't handle them disagreeing with you.

It is not I that needs to feel validated.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

What on earth are you talking about?

Identifying who? what? where?

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

She made her decision and she has lived with the consequence.

Who said leave her shopping? As it has been pointed out 6ft is much more than walking to the other end of the shopping trolley or moving to another till.

If the concern was the risk of being infected from the unmasked then the choice made was a poor one.

Politeness is saying hello, how are you?

Don't ask people for their opinion if you can't handle them disagreeing with you.

It is not I that needs to feel validated.

Politeness? As in telling her after she politely asked her to follow social distancing and being told to eff off etc?

That's politeness is it?

Look, you seem to be stalking me with your nasty personal jizz.

So, listen very carefully. I'm tired of your baiting and obsessive interest in me and my step daughter and your pedantry and making stuff up.

So, good day and Happy New Year to you.

Find another poster to try and wind up.

T &C's prevent me from saying anything more.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Thank you.
So in my multitude of shopping experiences and having queued many, many a time, I would say 1 shopping trolley and a shopping basket would put both of them approximately 6 feet or more apart. Yep, I checked before I replied.
I don't see any supermarket putting down their 'stand here' and arrows back on the floors either.
Rainbows
Jane

Genuinely interested to know, in your multitude of shopping experience, do you really pull rather than push your shopping trolley?

Enquiring mind wants to know.

edit on 30-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What is your problem with comprehension?
It is not polite to tell anyone to move away from you. it is very offensive to imply someone is dirty and contaminated.

Total Politeness in the situation would have been to say "you only have a basket go in front" -
That would have achieved the desired effect as well-
Person is not breathing in her direction and your "however you feel like describing the relationship between you" could back away the couple of feet, she wanted, without causing offence.

You've taken offence when it was politely pointed out her initial action was in all logical sense the worst thing to do in the situation. Be confrontational regardless of tone of the request.

If the person was infectious, she has just increased the interaction with very little to be gained even if the person stepped away she would have still be breathing over the products in the trolley.

As I said don't ask for someone's opinion if you can't handle the alternative very point.
FYI
Don't tell me I can't read when you can't keep your story straight and I won't bug you about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

so you've lost the plot of your own rambling me me me rant. what a shame you were doing so well with the bravado.

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Depends if your trying to get away for the plague ridden unmasked or being at the Till when unloading seems a lot easier to unload from the front.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

so you've lost the plot of your own rambling me me me rant. what a shame you were doing so well with the bravado.

It seems you can't see past your 'it's ALL about me, me, me' mindset and what a super dooper Rebel you are.
And whine on when someone says how they would react to such provocation, aggression and hostility.

How boring.
How predictable.
And typical of the move towards the emasculation of the male species and the self-obsessive nature of people in general.

You can't seem to grasp the concept that respect for individuals Rights works both ways and not just those you personally agree with.

I'm bored now so I'm leaving it at that.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

someone once said

You can't seem to grasp the concept that respect for individuals Rights works both ways and not just those you personally agree with.

Try to learn from it, I disagreed with you and you failed miserably to your own standards.
I have right to my opinion try to respect that and move along there's a good chap.

You are very delusional about you rights to resort to bullying and physical intimation because your requests are denied.
Seems it is you that has the me me me syndrome.

edit on 31-12-2021 by puzzled2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have many faults, none of which you have mentioned.

You Sir(?) are just the other side of the woke coin you allege to dislike so much.

You definitely have things arse about face.....but to be honest, I'm pretty much bored with it all now.
Its tedious.

See you around.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So what is it that you dislike so much about wanting people to be free to quietly go about their business without being confronted by others?

You seem to think it is alright to accost people based on a fashion choice.

I prefer to think it is not alright to accost people for being in a different demographic from me.

But as you've already mentioned you will not tolerate disobedience from your thinking and are willing to bully and physically intimidate others to enforce your will.
But unfortunately keyboards warriors don't scare anyone, so bye and try not to trample on others to much.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You're just making nonsense up.

Quote me, please.
Your cherry picking and blatant disregard of what I've actually posted and making lies reveals so much about you and your own locked in, blinkered viewpoint.

You seem to live in your own little dream world where it's perfectly ok for you to simply ignore what people write and make stuff up.

Laughable.
Contemptible.

Keyboard warrior?
Ha ha ha ha.

Grow up.

I'm bored....really bored now.

But of course you'll still reply with more made up nonsense just so that you can have the last word and believe in your own tiny little mind that you showed me etc.....Zzzzzzzz

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

What is your problem with comprehension?
It is not polite to tell anyone to move away from you. it is very offensive to imply someone is dirty and contaminated.

Total Politeness in the situation would have been to say "you only have a basket go in front" -
That would have achieved the desired effect as well-
Person is not breathing in her direction and your "however you feel like describing the relationship between you" could back away the couple of feet, she wanted, without causing offence.

You've taken offence when it was politely pointed out her initial action was in all logical sense the worst thing to do in the situation. Be confrontational regardless of tone of the request.

If the person was infectious, she has just increased the interaction with very little to be gained even if the person stepped away she would have still be breathing over the products in the trolley.

As I said don't ask for someone's opinion if you can't handle the alternative very point.
FYI
Don't tell me I can't read when you can't keep your story straight and I won't bug you about it.

You seem to have the problem with comprehension.

As in your failure to comprehend this:

"So, listen very carefully. I'm tired of your baiting and obsessive interest in me and my step daughter and your pedantry and making stuff up.

So, good day and Happy New Year to you.

Find another poster to try and wind up"?

Oh. You have found one already.

Please stop trying to derail my thread with your made up stuff and snarky personal ill mannered nasty posting.

Be seeing you.
edit on 31-12-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So facts are you asked for peoples opinion on a situation - but you were really only Sadfishing.

I didn't agree with you that the person you referred to as No 1 Daughter in the OP then later denied this saying she was only your step-daughter was in the right.

So have a happy new year enjoy your family and friends.
Get the validation for your virtue signalling you are looking for from them as they might give a crap about your feelings.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Great post way to go really relevant on point about the thread in question -- not.

Seems strange I read what you wrote, I reply to what you wrote and quote back to you what you wrote and you go off on a tirade without mention anything on topic

Found this interesting and seems appropriate to your last few comments - I'll let these words be the last.

But of course you'll still reply with more made up nonsense just so that you can have the last word and believe in your own tiny little mind that you showed me etc.....Zzzzzzzz

Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
So, No 1 daughter was in Tesco today queing at the till. Woman behind her was not wearing a mask, as she was meant to, right up close.
Daughter asks her to move back as she was socially distancing. Response was "Eff off, I ain't moving".
Daughter says "I'm seeing my 90 year old Dad for Christmas tomorrow, please back away."

Response was "I don't give an effing eff about your effing Dad"?

So, ATS, what say you?

Personally, am appalled.

This was in South London.

Where it is estimated that one in twenty folk have Covid.

I’d tell her to F-OFF also, I’m not a disease vector thanks, vaccinated people are the once testing positive after vaccination, it’s those rude clowns telling people to move away because they’re not only rude but low IQ

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
So, No 1 daughter was in Tesco today queing at the till. Woman behind her was not wearing a mask, as she was meant to, right up close.
Daughter asks her to move back as she was socially distancing. Response was "Eff off, I ain't moving".
Daughter says "I'm seeing my 90 year old Dad for Christmas tomorrow, please back away."

Response was "I don't give an effing eff about your effing Dad"?

So, ATS, what say you?

Personally, am appalled.

This was in South London.

Where it is estimated that one in twenty folk have Covid.

I’d tell her to F-OFF also, I’m not a disease vector thanks, vaccinated people are the once testing positive after vaccination, it’s those rude clowns telling people to move away because they’re not only rude but low IQ

That's nice. Low IQ?

How's your IQ?

Where did I mention "vaccinated"?

editby]edit on 22-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join