It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe tornado outbreak going on right now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

No, I've seen videos of tornados in other places. The videos are mostly eastern European but I don't imagine that's the only area they occur.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I doubt the US is the only place they get 'em.

But it wouldn't surprise me is the US gets the most. But I honestly don't know...brb.

Tornado numbers...

Apparently, the US leads by an incredible margin over the rest of the world. Well over a thousand reported tornados, while the rest of the world is less than 100 reported...

wow.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Phoenix

It's like bad weather started within our lifetimes, isn't it??

There weren't any storms back in the day apparently...

Irritates me that every time there is a weather event nowadays its presented as something new, unique and obviously man-caused scientifically made up claptrap designed to tax, control and regulate us to oblivion or freeze to death whichever comes first.

The dead are not even counted and already the climate BS is rolled out sans evidence or historical back up.

www.ustornadoes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">US Winter Tornados

Depending on how you define a tornado outbreak**, about 27 events (including Christmas 2012) have dropped 20 or more tornadoes since modern records began. This would lead to a long-term average of one event of that size about every two years. Yet, as with most tornado statistics, the numbers tend to come in bunches, so a raw average might not tell the real story.

edit on 11-12-2021 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's weird that there are that many tornados this time of the year. Usually only a few form in the winter months.

Yeah, typically, TYPICALLY, tornado season is around May through October. But there can always be exceptions.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And a lot of those storms seem to happen at night. December-January seems to be a cold weather time for tornadic action.
Harder to be aware.

BIG question:
Were tornadoes forecast for your area?
They were hyping winds for the Great Lakes all week, so not a surprise for us.

I get leg pain during barometric extremes.
Better than your migraines.....

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Funny you should say that.
I remember worse weather as a child and young adult than we seem to have now.

Although I think wind storms are a wee bit more common now.

It's all about cycles in weather.
edit on Sat Dec 11 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This is going to sound stupid but is the United States the only place that get's tornado's ? I really don't recall hearing of them anywhere else .

I think it's mainly because of the cold dry arctic air coming down South from Canada and meeting the warm humid air coming up north from the Gulf. It creates the worst storms right in the middle.

Blame Canada. Blame Canada.

We need to just build a really tall insulated wall on the Canadian border that prevents them from pushing all their cold air down here.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

We need to just build a really tall insulated wall on the Canadian border that prevents them from pushing all their cold air down here.

Grew up on shore of Lake Ontario and wished for that wall many times indeed.

edit on Sat Dec 11 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Biden just spoke on this a few minutes ago. Bet you can't guess what he said caused these storms? It was sad I couldn't watch the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It has to do with the geography and weather patterns. They line up just right in over the central US. That's why we get so many. They do occur in other places, all over, but the conditions and terrain line up just right here.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The weather man here said that if we had more humidity in our atmosphere, we would have been in trouble, but it was too dry.

He knew there were going to be storms and bad ones where they happened.

It was in the forecasts I think, but it wasn't something most people paid any real attention to. People just don't think of tornados as a fall/winter thing around here.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PureBlood
I'm not from America so I had to google this "When is Tornado Season in the US"

Tornado season is referred to as the period in which tornadoes are most common, and it usually lasts from March through June across the favorable region for their development in the United States, known as Tornado Alley.

Wow... it's like a weather weapon has been deployed to push the Global Warming agenda.

In the southern parts of the USA Tornado season is year round. The reason is areas will normally have some nice days and get up to the high 70's for several days on end then a winter cold front comes thru with huge temperature changes down often into the freezing temps after a Tornado passes in Dec -March. Temp changes could be as much as 50 or even 60 Degrees F in less than 24 hours with snow even. I hated living in the parts that it is open season like that when I was a kid. We moved around enough I got to see weather in "action" in several states.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We have that in common then ma'am. If it is a High and a Low comes thru headaches, not real bad but I get one. If it is a Low then a High pressure comes in I get one then too. Never a migraine but definitely a headache from the big changes.
Going up mtn sides on the Highway in the car I will be practically deaf until it equilibrizes. I hate airplane rides too.

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Nyiah

You put it much more nicely than I would have. No residency, probably best no mouthy offy.

It's very easy to think this is abnormal. It feels like it should be because we're all so trained to think of tornados as a spring thing. Usually, only people who really watch the weather get exposed to the idea that this is unusual, but not unheard of or abnormal when you think about what really happens with the weather this time of year.

I only really know because my migraines will trigger off abrupt pressure changes in the atmosphere so I've become a weather geek out of necessity and pay attention to this kind of thing because it makes life a bit easier.

This year so far has been warmer which explains the later change over to a cold air regime and the later outbreak, but if you're going to point the fingers at any kind of warming for anything, that would be all you could finger. The weather itself is a normal thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Yeah, I don't equalize pressure well. It's probably anatomy related, but I have issues like you do.

The weather changes are usually more abrupt in the spring and I think it's more common to get the Gulf moisture coming up which is why you get the big storms and tornadoes more often in the spring, but we can get the same effect in the fall. It's just less common because you don't have the moisture for the storms.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sounds like you have a pretty good local weatherman.
Can't say the same around here.
I know the WGN Chicago guy is pretty good, too.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Irritates me that every time there is a weather event nowadays its presented as something new, unique and obviously man-caused scientifically made up claptrap designed to tax, control and regulate us to oblivion or freeze to death whichever comes first.

The dead are not even counted and already the climate BS is rolled out sans evidence or historical back up.

those statistics and historical records may not even be correct in the first place. remember the ting about if a tree falls in the woods and no one was there, does it make a sound? well if no one "witnessed" (and lived to tell about it), a tornado, until rather recently, no one would know it happened.

and then you have places like Canada where until about 30 years ago, they didn't like to admit tornadoes happened at all. in fact it was pretty much fact, that tornadoes did not happen at all in Ontario, until a huge one literally took out one small town and area as well as causing severe damage in a big city, in i believe it was 1986. it was always just a windstorm, unless it could be proven to be a tornado via evidence like an actual video. i even remember one where the government weather service kept on saying that one tornado was just a big windstorm, with that as a headline in the newspaper, over a big picture of a tornado, with a building flying around in the sky. taken in a place i knew well as shown by a partial sign in the picture.

so those historical records are

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Sounds like you have a pretty good local weatherman.
Can't say the same around here.
I know the WGN Chicago guy is pretty good, too.

He does a blog where he really gets into the weeds and puts up the model ensembles and talks about them. He was into atmospheric and ocean cycle signaling that he thought was going to suggest the shift to cold finally about Christmas week in one of the last ones. He thinks there will be a big winter storm somewhere that week, but he doesn't know where. It's just that he thinks the warm/cold shift will be enough that he wouldn't at all be surprised if there is one.
edit on 11-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Is there a link you can share? That's the kind of stuff that is good to know.
Your weather can often show what is coming our way.

There is a guy who writes for mLive, in western MI.
But recently, his stuff has lost some of its sheen.
www.mlive.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Joe's Weather Blog

He's mostly concerned with the local area - KC and thereabouts, but he does cover a range of topics. He doesn't write every day. If the pattern is quiet, he won't write one unless there is a topic that piques his interest. During the tropical season, he will write about the hurricanes often because he used to be down in Florida (I think), so tropical systems still interest him. You can sign up for email alerts, but those will alert you to daily forecasts too.

Here's the one where he discusses Christmas week.

edit on 11-12-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

In the sizable western NY city I grew up in the same happened because the homeowners insurance at the time covered wind damage but excluded tornado damage per my parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join